• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POkemon Random

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshkall

[text here]
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2021
Hack name
Pokemon Random

Hack of
Fire red

Intro
Hi my name is Josh and this is my 2nd hack my first hack wasn't that good but im doing more stuff for this one so im putting it on this site.

Story
Im not sure this is a good story so if someone comes up with a better one ill go with that

Team rocket are trying to make a super pokemon (not mewtwo)
and you get caught up in there plan.

New Stuff
* New region -- Janto
* New maps
* Different starter pokemon
* New boy hero

Screenshots

screen_1.bmp
screen_2.bmp
screen_3.bmp

screen_4.bmp
screen_5.bmp

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

If anyone wants to help me plase ask

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Let's see, I can tell everything you did to make this hack NOT look like a regular FireRed Rom. But That HIRO sprite is Funny.

New starters, OMG! I've never seen that in a hack before.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
mmm is this some kind of joke?? You have no storyline, the same hero sprite from Fire red expect from that wig you put on his head, and I see no signs of scripting... oh it's RANDOM alright...
I honestly hope this is a joke :(

EDIT: Maybe we're being too harsh on the guy.... *takes another look at the hack* mmm not really! I would ask for this thread to be closed if I were you. Come back when you're ready to hack.

Last edited:

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
- Your overworlds are hideous.
- Judging by the screenshots I know that you're still using original the scripts from the game.
- Simple map edits.

No, I would never consider on playing this hack. Try to read up on some tutorials next time. :/

Seriously, I can't believe the hacks that Semele has been approving lately.

Last edited:

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
This hack desurves to be randium since you have no idea what your doing serious new map changes,new starters,new hero and new region how pathetic i think you should close this thread and learn to hack and what a stupid name and anyway in the third screenshot it looks like viridian city and in the last it looks like brocks gym you havent even cleared your rom yet.

Raffie

♪Genso Kyoku no Dream♪
Years
1. Awful hero sprite
2. Hiliarious hack name
3. Stupid story

Sorry...
I don't think you'll keep on hacking this one.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
- Your overworlds are hideous.
- Judging by the screenshots I know that you're still using original the scripts from the game.
- Simple map edits.

No, I would never consider on playing this hack. Try to read up on some tutorials next time. :/

Seriously, I can't believe the hacks that Semele has been approving lately.
I think Semele approves these hacks just to be made fun of, That is what I'm starting to think...xD

Good job with this hack, Hope you get far
with mapping

@CBM: Yeah it is a joke.

@Darkkchildd: Good joke, with the wig.

Raffie

♪Genso Kyoku no Dream♪
Years
I think Semele approves these hacks just to be made fun of, That is what I'm starting to think...xD

Good job with this hack, Hope you get far
with mapping

@CBM: Yeah it is a joke.

@Darkkchildd: Good joke, with the wig.

Well... Starting to think the same x)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
- A screen of Digglet's Cave zone almost unmodified.
- A rock gym
- A mapping error in screen 3
- The best: the hero is just Red with longer hair!
Seriously, people, before releasing something, try giving some quality.
And this is your second hack. I would like to see the first.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
You know what? I know how Coolboyman feels, most advanced hack out there is an insult to me, Coolboyman and Blazichu. (Apart from Shiny Gold, Rijon Adventures, and a couple of others). The mapping is pretty sloppy, someone has to admit that. This can be improved. I for one hack gold To even hack a Gold rom, you need to use your brain, and a hex-editor, I'm sure you know how to use both of those, instead of changing a few maps.

Liquinn out.

The thing is, when we all started all we did was edit the maps. Look at page 18 of the hacks showcase, you'll see you're not alone. I suggest you start with mapping, learn to palette edit, script, ans work your way up from there. See you later(when you are a better hacker then me)
-cooley

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Cooley you have a point, however, I consider myself a newbie in hacking, but you don't see me posting my hacking attempts around the community! It's common sense.

Josh, since you're new here, have you considered checking out the helpful tutorials in PC?
Check out the other hacks around the community, not just the good ones (Shiny Gold, Naranja...), learn from other people's mistakes.

The way you presented the hack isn't even acceptable... "Im not sure this is a good story so if someone comes up with a better one ill go with that " Whatever happened to being creative and imaginative? One of the common newbie mistakes is counting on other people. Learn how to do it yourself... Don't ask people to help you out with random stuff.

Don't take the criticism here personal. It's a beginner's mistake to start a thread out of the blue. Even though the male trainer overworld is bad, it's was nice try, you will get better as you progress.
EDIT: Does anyone else think that the trainer looks like a bunny from behind? or maybe a pikachu :D hehe

Again, take my advice, close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back