• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infraction system information and questions

miley810

Assassin
Years
I left a message saying I don't understand what they are talking about.Well when I left that I wanted someone to explane it to me.Should I have asked something like
"Can someone explane what this means?" Or something?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Probably. You were just being spammy by just saying you didn't know the topic. It didn't really contribute much.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I left a message saying I don't understand what they are talking about.Well when I left that I wanted someone to explane it to me.Should I have asked something like
"Can someone explane what this means?" Or something?
I reversed the warning. The reason it stated was for character bypass, which is inaccurate since you had 45 characters and 7 words.

So, regardless, the warning was invalid for what it was under. As far as spamming, I don't see how saying you don't understand what's being discussed is spamming. Otherwise they would be taking their job far too seriously imho. :/

SPPF_Max

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2020
I have a question or an argument to this post as to why I received an infraction. I wasn't really trying to harass anyone. I was being civil. I stopped posting about forums and I have vmed, emailed, and pmed a couple people about other people. I don't know what triggered my unfair infraction and I don't get it. The infraction pm told me to take my infraction to here. What should I do now?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
the infraction pm didn't tell you to take the infraction here. it told you that if you have any questions about the infraction system (points, how many infractions one can get, what an infraction is, etc.) to come here. naturally when someone gets a pm of an infraction they don't agree with, they dispute it. common sense tells you to reply to the pm, because the person who sent the pm (automatically) was the person who infracted you. but clearly you don't care about it being public, so neither do i...

you were infracted for harassing members and staff members about something that happened on another forum.
a. we don't have anything to do with it.
b. i personally don't like the fact that all of your vms are in relation to what happened on another forum with all of them asking you to shut up about the matter and leave them alone.
c. we don't care about whatever happened with you and another forum.
d. you need to learn the definition of harass.

harass |həˈras; ˈharəs|
verb [ trans. ]
subject to aggressive pressure or intimidation : a warning to men harassing girls at work.
• make repeated small-scale attacks on (an enemy) : the squadron's task was to harass the retreating enemy forces.
• [as adj. ] ( harassed) feeling or looking strained by having too many demands made on one.

let's face the facts. the only reason you joined our forum is because you found one of the sppf staff through a google search or something, and wanted them to hear you out over something that they don't have any power over. every single thread you've been involved in, you've mentioned the matter. every single vm you have is related to the matter. you've been asked to stop talking about it by a lot of people, including staff members who told you to stop talking about it. in fact, i alone asked you to stop three times, and told you to stop twice.

you can harass someone while being civil. sure, you may not intended to do so, but you did, and that's all that matters. it's bothering the staff, and it's pissing the members you bother off. that being said, the infraction stands and it will not be removed or revoked just because you don't agree with it. most people who get infracted don't like the fact they got infracted, and feel the need to dispute it. hardly ever is it actually "unjust" and given the fact that there's so much proof that people asked you to stop bothering them on your profile and other threads, it isn't unjust.

as stated earlier, this thread isn't for that, so don't reply to this with an argument and "your side" like you do with everyone else. if you need to continue this, take it to a pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2016
I'm pretty sure Nica that, if he didn't mean anything by what you just said, that person probably would wants to actually give themselves an infraction, if anything. Could be interpreted as that, also.

That is exactly what I meant, thanks for clearing that up for them.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2016

Only Pokecommunity staff members have the authority to hand out infractions. Why you'd want to willingly infract yourself in the first place is beyond me, you don't want one. :x

In order to hold myself accountable in all situations (I do not like others going easy on me because I never go easy on myself.) Besides let be give an example of what would make me want to do such a thing:

Lets say you make a post in a forum with an intent of constructive criticism, hoping for things to get better but you realize in the end that the same post could also unintentionally invite a flame way, so you decide to warn yourself in your own profile so that you can remember in the future to be more careful about it. Or in the case where the browser wants to send the same data twice, so you infract yourself for using a (I will not say this word because it would be worth an infraction itself, so it is censored) browser that in itself breaks the rules as self encouragement to use a better one.

Years
Lets say you make a post in a forum with an intent of constructive criticism, hoping for things to get better but you realize in the end that the same post could also unintentionally invite a flame way, so you decide to warn yourself in your own profile so that you can remember in the future to be more careful about it. Or in the case where the browser wants to send the same data twice, so you infract yourself for using a (I will not say this word because it would be worth an infraction itself, so it is censored) browser that in itself breaks the rules as self encouragement to use a better one.

To be honest, if someone NEEDS reminding for x, y, z reasons, then I doubt having something like this would do anything positive.
If you have done something that is deemed as breaking the rules, then a staff member will either speak to you, warn you or infract you.​

Xero-chan

Raver
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
I'd like to oppose an infraction I was given for the Stepmania thread in the Video Gaming forum. I didn't know how else to go about this.

Though it was a dead thread it was dead for 3 years, and what I had posted was a HUGE update in the Stepmania community. The client we use now is very different than any older client, the songpacks people have created are in a bigger abundance. Even Stepmania Online had died and Stepmania Online.eu took over as the main site and server, with an upgrade to the server as well.

Stepmania isn't like Halo, for example. You can post Halo 2 as a thread, and when a new Halo comes out you're posting a Halo 3 thread. Rather than post Stepmania 5 or The New Stepmania Online I felt it was better to search for a thread if it existed. I found it and decided to bump that one with all the new significant changes in the Stepmania gameplay.

I avoided a duplicate thread, I posted information to a new client (AKA a new game) and I simply added a lot more info. I'm only trying to see if there are others who might play the same free rhythm game I enjoy, I doubt the userbase 3 years ago matches the one you have now.

Thanks, no offenses intended.

Edit: I looked over the rules and found this:

"A thread that has not been posted in for more than a month (generally around 30 days) is considered "old". Please do not revive old threads. For restarting topics, create a new thread. Exceptions do apply in certain forums."

This was a mistake on my part. I'm used to searching the thread and making sure it doesn't exist to avoid duplicate threads. It's just a habit on my part for forum etiquette. I'll create a new thread for it then, but I'm hoping you can pardon the infraction, it wasn't intentional and out of respect for the duplicate thread system.

I'm still getting used to this forum's rules it seems.

Last edited:
Years
/facepalm

If a thread has been dead for a month+ and you want to discuss the topic, make a new thread, regardless of if it is the newest Halo game or if it is something as small and unknown as an indie game.

The rules of PC clearly state that you CAN NOT bump up a topic over a month old.

I stand by the infraction. If you would like to take it up with higher staff, I am more than happy to take it to them.

Next time, if you have a problem with a infraction, don't post it publicly.​

Xero-chan

Raver
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
I updated my post, I didn't see yours until I refreshed just now.

Thanks for the clarification, I apologized as well. It was out of avoiding the duplicate thread idea, but I guess that isn't an issue on this forum.

Edit: I also didn't realize posting in this thread about it publicly was an issue too *facepalm*

I hope you can cut me some slack, this forum's rules are definitely different. OTL

Years
Just think that if a thread is over a month old, it doesn't exist so you can make another one.

Glad this has been cleared in your eyes.​

Years
Guys, please help me!

I just got a warning for spamming (I was posting what song I was listening to in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat) and I really want to oppose it cos if I get banned again I'm never returning to PC and I'm going to spend the rest of my life somewhere else.

I just want to know, in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat, is posting what song you are listening to considered spamming?

Please help or I'll defect to Serebii!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Hey Hikari,

Posting what you're listening to in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat is SPAM, because it is a chit-chat thread where we have a topic of conversation, and random postings of what you are listening to is off-topic and a little disruptive to the conversation.

You only received a warning, it's not an infraction and it doesn't count toward a potential ban. You don't need to defect to Serebii, all you need to do is stop posting what you are listening to in that thread.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
It's off topic, so it doesn't contribute to the discussion at hand. Maybe if it were relevant it wouldn't be considered spamming, but it doesn't seem to be.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Hikari: Andrew has pointed out the reason for your warning quite expertly. I was actually very tempted to make it an outright infraction because of the sheer number of times you kept doing it. Indeed, after coming back from my mini-break, I had received numerous complaints about your behaviour in the thread. For further info, please read the first post of the C&M DCC, focusing on the guidelines of what you should and shouldn't post.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=271792
I could see how Hikari thought it may be okay to post what songs she is listening to since the post in closing states that topics like that are all diverted to C&M DCC. Although inversely I can understand how it could be seen as spam if it is in close succession. Which I am sure was detailed in the warning hopefully. And like already said it kind of interrupted the topic at hand within the topic since posting "I'm listening to blank" isn't exact Chit Chatting.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Guys, please help me!

I just got a warning for spamming (I was posting what song I was listening to in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat) and I really want to oppose it cos if I get banned again I'm never returning to PC and I'm going to spend the rest of my life somewhere else.

I just want to know, in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat, is posting what song you are listening to considered spamming?

Please help or I'll defect to Serebii!

Hey Hikari,

Posting what you're listening to in the C&M Daily Chit-Chat is SPAM, because it is a chit-chat thread where we have a topic of conversation, and random postings of what you are listening to is off-topic and a little disruptive to the conversation.

You only received a warning, it's not an infraction and it doesn't count toward a potential ban. You don't need to defect to Serebii, all you need to do is stop posting what you are listening to in that thread.

Read the 2nd post here
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=271792

Mr Cat Dog:There used to be a similar thread like this - as well as book-reading, film watching etc. - but now all of those threads have been combined into the C&M Daily Chit-Chat. Please post stuff like this there. Thanks.

Closed

http://www.pokecommunity.com/converse.php?u=3164&u2=254777

Mr Cat Dog :

January 21st, 2012 02:27 AM

Well, it's not going to be. The first page of the C&M DCC states explicitly that it is a continuation of the previous 'what are you listening/reading/watching' threads. You're more than welcome to post the same stuff that you posted in your thread in the DCC, as long as you follow the C&M rules.

Last edited:
Back