• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Writer's Block

Pancake-fong

Lady Yuri Pancake Mistress
Years
Hey guys and gals! As you probably noticed, no new episode went up on Thursday! Nokyo-chan is currently doing something that prevented her from traveling to the super secret studio of d00m where we film!!

Hopefully we'll have a new episode up this Thursday (or an update on when Nokyo-chan will be back).

Thanks for your patience, guys and gals!

EDIT UPDATE: Hey peeps! So no update again this week. This time my parents were out of the town and forbade anyone from coming over that wasn't Nokyo and one of my little brother's friends. So that means that Shock wasn't allowed over. Anyways, hopefully we'll be able to get together on Saturday or Sunday or maybe Monday to put up episode 3 and film episode 4. Depending on if the others are down with it, we might put up two episodes this week, but that's just my awesome idea of awesomeness and I'm just one of three homedogs.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Have to say, you guys are doing good so far. I especially love the advice of the second episode. Yeah, if you can't write either just write whatever or take a break and try again later. A friend of mine could really use that advice now. -_-

There's one thing I want to say, though. I'm not sure about thinking about your character's development first before the story. I would actually say think the story first and then how you want your characters to develop. That way, you can think of how your characters can be able to face obstacles and such.

Pancake-fong

Lady Yuri Pancake Mistress
Years
@Bay: I think it might just be a matter of personal preference. First I come up with a story idea. Then I get the characters I want in that story. I then tend to think of how I want the characters to grow and develop (if they are able to grow and develop). Just a simple generic list that I can edit/change later with ease/when the plot bunnies start gnawing at my leg.

Thanks for your kind words and hope you stick with us for future episodes!!!

Bay

Years
@Bay: I think it might just be a matter of personal preference. First I come up with a story idea. Then I get the characters I want in that story. I then tend to think of how I want the characters to grow and develop (if they are able to grow and develop). Just a simple generic list that I can edit/change later with ease/when the plot bunnies start gnawing at my leg.

Thanks for your kind words and hope you stick with us for future episodes!!!
Okay, got what you're saying now. Yeah, I tend to think of a story idea first and then think what characters I want and how I want them to develop. I tend to change plot points in my stories, so I would then have to change how my characters develop. XD

You're welcome and I'm sure to stick with you guys for future episodes!

Back