• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
I just looked at Cascadegonpory's art, and it's really good. :O
This is off topic, but does anyone know the name of the technique he uses to color his fakemon - I'd like to find some Tuts and learn. xD

Anyways - I find it sad that people would just take art even when it states "don't use em".
I'd rather have my biscuits kicked by three whatya-call-em rather than have my life stolen. :S

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014
I just looked at Cascadegonpory's art, and it's really good. :O
This is off topic, but does anyone know the name of the technique he uses to color his fakemon - I'd like to find some Tuts and learn. xD

Anyways - I find it sad that people would just take art even when it states "don't use em".
I'd rather have my biscuits kicked by three whatya-call-em rather than have my life stolen. :S

It's just called Sugi style, named after Ken Sugimori, and I'll assume you know who he is haha. It's not extremely hard to learn, but you might have to upgrade from Paint.net to get it. I'm not sure though, because I haven't used Paint.net. But here's a tut for Sugi-style: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=sugi+tutorial#/d1imuvq

You already draw pretty well in the Pokemon style, so it should be no problem for you to get Sugi down. And after you learn the basics of it, you can put your own touch to it, like I do: http://optimisticxpessimist.deviant...8?q=gallery:optimisticxpessimist/4465615&qo=1 or http://optimisticxpessimist.deviant...5?q=gallery:optimisticxpessimist/4465615&qo=7

The appropriate line size is actually 1pt. It took me a while to figure out [You can see only Snyper has 1pt lines, cuz he's my newest one I've colored haha.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
To add on to what Brokenxnote said, you would probably need Photoshop for sugi, although Nyu/Kitsukitty does sugi quite well in the GIMP, you can get a free 30 download of PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS, which Hallm3, the maker of the tutorial that Brokenxnote posted and I use (although he's good I'm not XD).

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Back to the riv part I'm adding that there is a reason why he might tell your pare ts cause you previously did somthing that made them not want you to leave.
And yep that would surely suck if my work was stolen.

Llennoccm8

The Sprietenator
Years
zv5rhz.png

I need a sprite

ConCept

Foreigner Productions
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2011
This isn't a sprite request forum.

I'll have to agree with this. This is no sprite request thread, but a game project thread. Wanna request a sprite? Leave me a PM and I'll add it to my queue, or PM any of the other spriters to help ya.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
@llennoccm8 Tnguye3 isn't active right now so I suggest you contact Concept, although he is busy as well I think...

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Wait pichuiuichu is he working on this game?

I don't think he intends the art for this game if he isn't.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
You do realize it was adressed to pichuichu, and I was asking if he(the man who did the apple pig) is on the team?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^okay sorry about that and to answer your question he's part of the team as well.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I just looked at the first post, and I'm not really sure what this game has that is worth commenting on... I am surprised this thread has become so popular since this game seems poorly thought out... I advise working on the story/plot and get some screens up... instead of worrying about scripting

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^you will NOT be dissapointed by the story, the first post doesn't reveal too much is probably why you are iffy about it.
And about the screens, I can't answer that, considering I'm not mapping. You'd have to ask Pichuichu or Arma about that.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Yep plot is working on but yep that's only like the first tiny part. and screenies mapping is taking a while since we can't find much city tiles (like scrapers) so yep but we are doing are best to improve this game.

Positions needed:
plot: 3
spriting:2
scripting:1
music:4

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^DUDE! We don't need 3 plot, You, Arma, and I is enough. Also I might hook us up with some music. GOOD MUSIC. I just have to wait for the person to get back to me.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
"plot: 3" WHAT?! You said you had a GOOD plot, why do you need any plot people?! Can't you guys get organized as a team?

spriting:2
scripting:1
music:4

As for those I think it would be more likely for

spriting:1
music:1

Music is NOT easy to come by, and they will only go to the best(usually)
spriting, and I'm assuming you mean tiles, is something a lot of people who can do it, don't like to share because their working on their projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back