• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Profile Video on Auto-play

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
So I've had this profile video up for months now and never changed it and it's never just automatically played when I visited my profile and now it does? And so is the one on Donny's. For both of us. What's happening?

Years
To further clarify, I haven't altered my profile YouTube video in any way in roughly 3 years. Is this something that's been disabled on the site's end to try to speed up the site? Or did something accidentally get borked? It's kinda been like this for at least 6 hours, at least that I can recall.

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
Hm, I'm beginning to get the same auto-play problem with mine too. I changed it about 2 days ago, but... It never happened before until now. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
At first I thought y'all were nuts, but sho'nuff, mine's doing it too. idk if Audy's playing with something in the coding but for the sake of people with bad connections, they shouldn't be on auto-play. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I guess everyone can have their own theme music now!

Fine with me! Mine is I'll Fly Away sung by the most amazing group of people. So if we're stuck like this forever, I'm glad to be stuck with that!

Melody

Banned
Years
Can personally confirm mine is also auto playing without instruction to do so. There may be a change on the Youtube Backend that causes embeds to autoplay or something.

HTML:
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTPmRMZvtbE&autoplay=0&fmt=22"><param name="wmode" value="transparent">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CTPmRMZvtbE&autoplay=0&fmt=22" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="295" width="480">

Looking at the HMTL involved, it looks like something is escaping our '&' which passes along our params.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I've been seeing that lately too, I thought PC recently implemented videos to auto-play, so I thought it was normal ._.

Theme songs on our profile? Sweet, mines will be >=D

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
YouTube have been going on a "streaming" functionality binge. It's most likely due to that. Sit tight until we can actually see what's causing it and see if its fixable.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Didn't even notice this thread lol *already posted in Quick Q&A*

Mine does the same thing. I was concerned at first, but Razor says we won't get in trouble for it since it's a wonky code somewhere.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Yeah, I'll re-iterate what Yusshin said here; setting videos to auto-play is against the rules, but you shouldn't get in trouble for videos auto-playing until this is fixed. If another staff member misses this thread and does infract you or whatever, please PM me and I'll reverse it for you. :]

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Suppose I should add to this, it's still a thing that's happening. @__@

Back