• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EVERYTHING SUCKS NOWADAYS

droomph

weeb
Years
How well do you adapt to new trends? Are you immediately an old person who thinks that it sucks, or do you try your absolute best to enjoy the trends?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I tend to have a hard time adjusting to trends, but eventually they'll come around & get to me. I'll enjoy the old things before I feel ready to advance :3

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I try to adjust to new trends and get the hang of it.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I'm not caught up in the whole "trend" game. If something is cool then I'll do it/associate with it and if it isn't.... well I won't. Simple as that.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That title certainly caught my attention!

I usually don't know about "trends", but if I do, I mostly just ignore them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im usually oblivious to new trends and such and often dont understand why people like it. It happened to me with things like Gangnam Style. Usually I check out the trend and decide if I like it or not.

Years
I usually like to wait and see if something is going to be good or not. If it looks like it's up my alley I'll go for it even if I'm late to the bandwagon.

I let most trends pass me by though because they aren't for me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I am terrible at adapting to new trends. I resisted getting a cell phone for as long as I could (until last October), I made a vow to myself that I would never send a text message, and I still think cars should be big and boxy with chrome bumpers and 14 MPG, like they were in the 1970's, My music tastes are also stuck in a 1985-1993 time warp.

Yeah, I have a bit of a hard time adapting to change.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
To be honest, I think I'm like an old fogey haha.. I guess it's because I don't like change all that much. And I do love timeless classics (clothing, music, etc) I do love improvements on stuff though.. but "trends" I am not a fan of. Most of the time they are money-making gimmicks.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm actually guilty of following trends on a whim, but every trend ends up that way so I become a complete follower of just about everything. Ashamed, really. ):

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I adapt quite easily. I'm not an old person who thinks that the original is better and everything else sucks.

I think the best example of this is with Pokemon. I didn't like the Gen 5 Pokemon, but it's not because they're new, it's because they're badly designed. Before that, I loved every new generation and didn't stick stubbornly to Gen 1 because those are the best and that's that.

Sir Codin

As long as it isn't too trendy, I can generally adapt to change. But I'm also equally likely to be a grumpy old man about it, so watch out when you ask for my opinion on something. It really boils down to what it is specifically.

Last edited:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I do not hook on to trends very easily, I usually dislike them, actually. Some few trendy things I like, but the numbers are few.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I'm often very hesitant to go with trends if I even do at all. Unintentionally I wind up going against them anyways, but if something catches my eyes then I'll probably jump on it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I hate to admit it but I'm horribly hipster with this stuff. If I find out about a trend before it becomes trendy, I'll stick with it. If it's something that just comes up out of nowhere and catches on fast and hard, then I typically shun it.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
If I hung out with a bunch of trendsetters, I just might jump off the proverbial cliff with them. Peer pressure is a very real thing. I don't know anyone these days who is very concerned with fashion, so I feel no urge to participate in following it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'm one of the few who dislike the "trends", I just dress the way I want, even if others make fun of the way I dress, but I don't tend to ridicule others for what they like. Everyone has their own taste

Back