• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sword Art Online

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018

Spoiler:

Huh, though i guess it makes sense that Aria in the Starless Sky could be 1 episode. I kind of estimated that 1 episode for each side-story, though I thought that they might give some more time to the first one since it's the meeting story with meeting Asuna and fighting the first boss. Though it throws my estimations off, the addition of the other published SAO side story makes up for it, and also gives more time for the v.1 to finish up, so I'm still thinking a 13/12 split. It's definitely nice that they're going through with putting later written SAO stories in here instead of throwing them in as OVAs though.

Spoiler:

Also, the fact that Kawahara Reki is working that closely with the director is definitely a good thing.

Well it has the Light Novels as Source material, unlike Guilty Crown which was a totally new story that was being scripted at the same time as animated...So if the Studio messes this up, go to the Light Novels. I loved it. And yeah LiSA is so awesome, such great music. I WANT FULL VERSION NAO.
There are a few pseudo-full versions based off what's been revealed and repetitions of the chorus

Lapras: This still remains a Sword Art Online thread, so at least try to include something related to topic along your retorts when you reply

Last edited:
Years
Huh, though i guess it makes sense that Aria in the Starless Sky could be 1 episode. I kind of estimated that 1 episode for each side-story, though I thought that they might give some more time to the first one since it's the meeting story with meeting Asuna and fighting the first boss. Though it throws my estimations off, the addition of the other published SAO side story makes up for it, and also gives more time for the v.1 to finish up, so I'm still thinking a 13/12 split. It's definitely nice that they're going through with putting later written SAO stories in here instead of throwing them in as OVAs though.

A lot of people thought that too, but if we're keeping this within a season of 12-13 episodes some things would be cut down. I DO hope there's Argo on Saturday's episode.

As for Episode Calculations, here's someone who was bored and did that:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Also, the fact that Kawahara Reki is working that closely with the director is definitely a good thing.

There are a few pseudo-full versions based off what's been revealed and repetitions of the chorus

I totally agree, the Anime get's a lot of Proto-SAO:Progressive info I think. But when SAO:Progressive comes out, the anime would start feeling like an abridged series XP

Oh, I already linked to the full version in the concert video from earlier, I'm just waiting for the official release with better quality. Since LiSA was seriously in the middle of singing non-stop when she started on Crossing Field. XDDD

Edit: Something I made to show some "KiriAsu" love, One of the best Pairings I've seen in like forever.

A truly envious relationship.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
A lot of people thought that too, but if we're keeping this within a season of 12-13 episodes some things would be cut down. I DO hope there's Argo on Saturday's episode.

You too? I've been totally hoping for Argo to show up since she's effectively went non-existent after Red-Nosed Reindeer, and even then it was just "gave me information".

Biggest issue with going by just pages is that there's a pretty big difference in timings between talking and action. A chapter of action can easily translate to less than half an episode in that.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Unfortunately, if I'm putting support towards a series to bring the next one over, it's going to end up being Muvluv Alternative: Total Eclipse so hopefully Muvluv Extra/Unlimited/Alternative will be adapted, though my wishes definitely go out to SAO as well XD

LOL yeah, but people who read the LN immediately picked up on that and started spoiling Haha. xDDD
Oh man, you don't know the start of it. Since Total Eclipse is actually a side story to Muvluv alternative there have been some huge information drops coming from the people that have played through Alternative. Though most information drops is regarding background information since most people that have played it recognize it as probably the best VN of all time and have respect towards spoilers in that way.

Oh, I already linked to the full version in the concert video from earlier, I'm just waiting for the official release with better quality. Since LiSA was seriously in the middle of singing non-stop when she started on Crossing Field. XDDD

The PV will probably come out soon. Nico generally is ok with LiSA songs being thrown up there. Same thing actually happened at the Mari Iijima concert at Ohayocon last year. Ended up singing what we suspect is the next Macross anniversary project theme song.

Edit: Something I made to show some "KiriAsu" love, One of the best Pairings I've seen in like forever.

A truly envious relationship.

Spoiler:
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Spoiler:

Years
You too? I've been totally hoping for Argo to show up since she's effectively went non-existent after Red-Nosed Reindeer, and even then it was just "gave me information".

Well Argo was pretty much the embodiment of the reason why Kirito went ahead and created the term Beater. So yeah even though she was a one-shot character, pretty huge impact. Although SAO: Progressive might add more Argo scenes. :>

Also I have this weird perception that Argo is a cross between Lizbet and Egil...probably because they all are Merchants LOL. xP

Biggest issue with going by just pages is that there's a pretty big difference in timings between talking and action. A chapter of action can easily translate to less than half an episode in that.

That's true enough, but that's a good thing! We get more space for side stories. :3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Unfortunately, if I'm putting support towards a series to bring the next one over, it's going to end up being Muvluv Alternative: Total Eclipse so hopefully Muvluv Extra/Unlimited/Alternative will be adapted, though my wishes definitely go out to SAO as well XD

Funny thing is MuvLuv: Total Eclipse was supposed to be my hyped up anime this summer after I saw the Back to back screening of the first 2 episodes at AX 2 weeks ago. I'd LOVE to see Alternative animated since the protag is a lot more experienced.

Oh man, you don't know the start of it. Since Total Eclipse is actually a side story to Muvluv alternative there have been some huge information drops coming from the people that have played through Alternative. Though most information drops is regarding background information since most people that have played it recognize it as probably the best VN of all time and have respect towards spoilers in that way.

Hahaha, I know been reading the reviews at ThatAnimeBlog and the discussion is full on debates of history and battle tactics. I was reading the MuvLuv: Alternative manga, but stuck at Ch. 13...no more translations. ;;
Thinking of playing the VN instead...I wanna know what happens. xD

The PV will probably come out soon. Nico generally is ok with LiSA songs being thrown up there. Same thing actually happened at the Mari Iijima concert at Ohayocon last year. Ended up singing what we suspect is the next Macross anniversary project theme song.

It's funny too, because Vegeta's Japanese VA did a concert of old Saint Seiya songs, which made me lol. xP Can't wait to memorize it after multiple plays. XD

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
And here I didn't want to get involved. -.-;

-Lapras-... So lets start with the fact that this thread is about SWORD ART ONLINE. Any off-topic comments you made regarding other series were already, well... off-topic. I know it started by comparing novel quality, but then you sent it off on a topic all it's own. You started by asking a question that was already borderline off-topic, but then you started arguing with the responses you got, further derailing things. If you're looking for an example, this one stood out to me.

You might argue with me, but a lot of responses - particularly those to Arcanine's post - seem like you're trying to troll and make things worse. That's not to say I condone the way Arcanine went about dealing with it, and I will have a talk with him later.

Really though, I'm sorry you dislike popular things. I'm sorry you can't enjoy something just because the majority of viewers like it. Unfortunately, though, that doesn't give you the right to be a jerk about it in a thread where members who do like the series are having a conversation about it. There's obviously room for a bit of skepticism in these threads, but saying "I don't like this series, here's why" is a lot different than "Here's why I don't like this series, allow me to keep going on about it when nobody wants me to".

Now I strongly suggest you not make any more posts in this thread to avoid causing problems for anyone else. If you have any concerns regarding this post, or as I'm sure you will, want to argue with me about what's been said, you can contact me via PM. No need to derail this thread any further.

Last edited:
Years
Episode 2

Well the episode has been released in Japan, crunchyroll subs in 1 1/2 hours, but here's some screenies.

6168b9e3.jpg

Great stuff, Asuna has come to the forefront!

Moar Asuna in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

Got some rather nice features shown. Mainly her body and face are nicely shown. Asuna's smile is very nice to behold TBH.

The Epitome is in the spoiler
Spoiler:
COMBO ATTACK NICE!

About the fight, that Kobold ass in the spoiler
Spoiler:

Darn Overpowered Kobolds. SAO takes things and makes them overpowered LOL. xD

Spoiler:

Poor Diabel! He really got it! Nice they show a potion and it was to help but alas it was not enough. I wonder how powerful his guild might have been or at least the <<Army>> could have been with him at the helm. ;__;

BTW End Art in the spoiler
Spoiler:
is fantastic as usual!

Spoiler:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Mmmm, my biggest issue with the episode is naturally the actual events of Kirito meeting Asuna, which is why I was expecting it to be two episodes instead of one. It was a big event that started the relationship, though over 60ish floors, there's definitely a lot of room for interpretation between episodes.

The other is, of course, the absence of Argo, which I definitely wanted to see.

Years
Mmmm, my biggest issue with the episode is naturally the actual events of Kirito meeting Asuna, which is why I was expecting it to be two episodes instead of one. It was a big event that started the relationship, though over 60ish floors, there's definitely a lot of room for interpretation between episodes.

The other is, of course, the absence of Argo, which I definitely wanted to see.

We were already expecting tons of things cut in this adaptation of the SS after seeing the episode list...I just tried to console myself that in Vol. 1 Asuna just popped up of nowhere with no backstory too. ;-;

As for Argo...yeah at least they got the booklet? ;o;

Just have to share this tho:

tumblr_m76b7yYBq11r2k9o5o1_500.png

Lots of lulz. xP

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oh lord *-* Could you warn about how many screens are in each spoiler Netto? I opened the first one and had to scroll down forever...

I loved the battle animation in the second episode ^-^ Although one querie - could Diabel have been saved? I mean he was about to be healed, which means, I assume, that he had more than one health - since they should know that once you're dead you can't be revived.

Right? D:

Years
Oh lord *-* Could you warn about how many screens are in each spoiler Netto? I opened the first one and had to scroll down forever...

I loved the battle animation in the second episode ^-^ Although one querie - could Diabel have been saved? I mean he was about to be healed, which means, I assume, that he had more than one health - since they should know that once you're dead you can't be revived.

Right? D:

Oops sorry about that. xD

Diabel...besides the fact that he deceived everyone...couldn't be saved since Floor 1 potions suck, are very weak and act over time, not instantaneously. So it was too late for him. Plus there's a timing gap between the attack and the gauge animation going down so yeah...

Also: Episode 3 PV is out.

Going to be a make or break for some, but it will certainly be tugging at the heartstrings. ;;

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Episode 3!

Spoiler:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Episode 3!
Spoiler:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
!! Argo Spotted!....though i still do wish they did 2 eps of the meeting side-story so they could get some Argo in in more than one episode orz
Episode 3-wise:
Spoiler:

Series will be 25 eps, likely split into the first 4 books
Spoiler:

A lot of the first couple episodes are gonna end up with a lack of Asuna just for the reason that they're doing it in chronological order, so Kirito's relationship with Asuna doesn't really start up for a while.

Last edited:
Years
Episode 3!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Episode 3!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

!! Argo Spotted!....though i still do wish they did 2 eps of the meeting side-story so they could get some Argo in in more than one episode orz
Episode 3-wise:
Spoiler:

tumblr_m7jbchTS9u1qly9w8o1_500.jpg

^ How some people reacted to the lack of Argo. xP

Spoiler:

Yeah, he's 20 levels ahead of the guild. It was shown in the episode too IIRC, just before they went to the dungeon he was Lv.58 I think.

Series will be 25 eps, likely split into the first 4 books
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

A humorous bit I saw elsewhere:

Animators: "We're animating SAO!"
Fans: "YES! Gonna be awesome!"

Animators: "We had to cut/change a few minor things from the source material because of time/budget constraints."
Fans: "WTF! Noooo!! Stay true to the source material!"

Animators: "OK, we stayed true to the source material."
Fans: "Eh. Not long enough."
Animators: "But.. there isn't enough material from the LN Short story."
Fans: "Your supposed to fix it!"

Animators: "Ok, We added some more source material."
Fans: "WTF is this filler crap!?"
Animators: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh the plight of reading the Source Material. xD

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
It's that time of the week again!

Spoiler:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
It is definitely that time of the week again and im very happy!

Spoiler:

Years
Yep, it's SAO and Kokoro Connect Saturdays. :>

Spoiler:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Since I've been busy and I guess I'll do all the eps thus far (not counting ep 1 since I already said something about it).

Episode 2
Spoiler:

Episode 3
Spoiler:

Episode 4
Spoiler:

I don't know how close this is following the LN (I'm sure parts and evens in the LN is lost while being animated). But from a purely anime stand point I really like the show thus far. Not the biggest fan of big time skips every week, but I guess it'd get boring to see him battle random monsters, and take a few days to level up a little. So I guess for now I guess I can deal with it.

Back