• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed 649 Patch

Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Okay thanks!

Almost every sentence that I've encountered up to Pewter (I just started testing) that has a first word that uses "O" as the second letter is always written like "NOw" etc.

To be fair, it isn't supposed to be a playable hack. It's meant to be a base for hacks to be based on. Granted, it's unfinished, which leads to some oddities.

Here's a screenshot:

Just checked this, and it is indeed a minor bug.

­

Banned
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2013
Wow, this is a big step in hacking, good luck with this

Years
I am very impressed by this. This will soon be the base for all Hacks. o.o It is great, once it is completed, I will then try it out. =D So, I know this question was asked a lot, but Jambo, do you have any idea when you will have a stable version available. O.o And is this compatible with other rom bases.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I am very impressed by this. This will soon be the base for all Hacks. o.o It is great, once it is completed, I will then try it out. =D So, I know this question was asked a lot, but Jambo, do you have any idea when you will have a stable version available. O.o And is this compatible with other rom bases.

Jambo hates answering this question, so I will: This will be availible, when it is availible.:p

Right now, he is working on adding all of the new moves. He is having trouble with some because they aren't normal and may require custom ASM to work out instead of the normal battle scripting. While there isn't much left to do, it is a lot because of the complexitiy rather than the amount.

Years
Jambo hates answering this question, so I will: This will be availible, when it is availible.:p

Right now, he is working on adding all of the new moves. He is having trouble with some because they aren't normal and may require custom ASM to work out instead of the normal battle scripting. While there isn't much left to do, it is a lot because of the complexitiy rather than the amount.

Thanks for answering my question. =P Umm, well, good luck I guess.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Hey Jambo, can you lock your thread? I'm getting so sick and tired of new posts, expecting some sort of an update, and it's useless data that I could care less about.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I've been getting emails too but nothing important is happening.

karatekid552

Years
Hey Jambo, can you lock your thread? I'm getting so sick and tired of new posts, expecting some sort of an update, and it's useless data that I could care less about.

Just unsubscribe. You sir are kind of an idiot. Jambo has been seriously hard at work. Almost everytime I talk to him, he is working on custom battle scripting or ASM for new moves and effects. If you were on RHO Social, you would know that he has begun adding support for more HM type moves to be used outside of battle as of yesterday. He works very hard to bring you something that someday will be consisdered the standard in Rom Hacking and you can't even do the simplest thing, which is unsubscribe. It is litterally on your subscritions list, just below the Last Page link.

There is a reason Jambo doesn't post updates as much here. Look at how you treated him in that last message. Why on earth would he give you what you want when you can't even respect him? I spent 5 hours solving a bug on his patch that has been there since the beginning and I wouldn't even dream of talking to him like that.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
All I meant was for the time being, close the thread for people not to post stupid things. Then when there's an update, you reopen it.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Just so you guys know, this thread will be locked post haste.

For personal reasons, this patch is being put on hiatus, and in the mean time, I don't want this thread to turn into a spamfest of people requesting releases.

If you want to keep up with any developments, please look into the page on RHO Social, or check out my personal page on the same site.

This is not the end of the patch, but I seriously need to take some time out from it and get my affairs in order.

Thank you, and I'll see you when I get back!

karatekid552

Years
Just so you guys know, this thread will be locked post haste.

For personal reasons, this patch is being put on hiatus, and in the mean time, I don't want this thread to turn into a spamfest of people requesting releases.

If you want to keep up with any developments, please look into the page on RHO Social, or check out my personal page on the same site.

This is not the end of the patch, but I seriously need to take some time out from it and get my affairs in order.

Thank you, and I'll see you when I get back!

In the mean time, are there any small bugs of note you want me to try and fix? I spend half my time rom hacking trying to fix things, and I've gotten pretty good at it so if there are any issues you want me to look into while you are taking a break, just let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back