• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Plot Bunny Farm

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
(As a note, this thread was inspired by A Ficcage Recycling Community on LiveJournal. While we're doing something somewhat similar, let's see if we can go in a different direction.)

» Introduction/What Is This Thread?

Because I'm exceedingly lazy lately, I'm just going to get straight to the point and tell you what this thread is and isn't.

First off, let's start by defining the term "plot bunny." A plot bunny is simply an idea for a story that nags at your brain. It can be overly detailed ("Ash goes through [fancreated region] and [insert actions here]"), or it can be as simple as a small concept ("Ash as a girl").

Also, plot bunnies tend to kill fics. Why? Because they're shiny, and some authors like to chase shiny objects off into the sunset and abandon already created work. Not all authors do this, of course, but it happens.

Now, how about this thread?

Basically, it's a dumping ground for all those plot bunnies you know you really shouldn't write. The thread's first purpose is to get you to write about them so they're out in the open. It's a means of saying, "I came up with this idea, but I don't want it. So, it's up for grabs."

Secondly, it's also a means of inspiration. For those of us actually looking for something to write about, reading the ideas already preconceived might trigger an "a ha" moment and help someone chisel down that writer's block to nothing.

Third, for those of us who are guilty over having abandoned our stories – chaptered or not – it's a way of orphaning them in case someone else decides to pick it up. Especially if you're really clever about it and disguise your efforts as something along the lines of the first purpose. (Hint, hint.)

Okay, so what is this thread not?

» The Rules/What Is This Thread Not?

1. THIS IS NOT A THREAD IN WHICH YOU CAN GET OPINIONS FOR YOUR IDEAS. If I could put this in blinking text, I would, but the main idea is if you plan on using these ideas, don't post them here. We are not here to rate your ideas or tell you how to fix them up. If you post your ideas here to be rated, we will ignore your questions and put it in the archive to show they're up for grabs by anyone who wants them.

2. This is also not a thread to advertise your fic. We have a plethora of other stickies for that, so please go to them. If you're orphaning a fic, that's totally cool and what this thread is also for.

3. We can only accept fic ideas that apply to the PFF&P rules. Therefore, no smut fics.

4. Post your own ideas and incomplete fics only. If I find out you've actually stolen the idea or piece from someone else, you will be blacklisted from the thread, barring you from the ability to use it.

5. This is not a donation center in which you can freely pluck ideas without having to do anything in return. When taking ideas, please post in this thread to state you've done it so we can take it off the list by using the form at the end. Additionally, in the header of your fic (in the first post of your fic thread, before you get into the text of the chapter itself), please give credit to both this thread and the original poster of the idea for courtesy.

6. This is not a Nazi regime. If you want the fic idea back, go for it, but please wait a week before coming along and taking your idea back out of the orphanage (to avoid abuse of the thread).
6a. Also, if you wish to take an idea, you're free to pick up as many as you'd like so long as you've completed and posted at least one chapter of the resulting fic at the time that you post here to say you've adopted it. In other words, no material to show us = no adoption.

With all that in mind, let's move on to how to submit a story idea.

» Submission Forms

There's three different forms: one for concepts, one for orphaned fics, and one for fics born from ideas on this thread. When posting any of these forms, fill them out completely and remind us which one you're doing.

Orphaned Ideas

Keywords: (Give us a very short, one-liner phrase that summarizes your idea and can function as a temporary title for your concept.)
Fandom: (Yes, we accept non-Pokémon ideas too.)
Description: (Give us as detailed a description about your idea as possible. Include things like who you think should be in it, what the setting is, what's going on, backstory – pretty much anything you think we'll need to get the story going.)

Orphaned Fics

Title: (Whatever you've titled your fic while you were working on it. If you don't have a title, use a keyword line like the one for the orphaned ideas form.)
Fandom:
Genre: (Whatever category this fic falls into. See The Fanfiction Index for a list of what we're accepting.)
Characters: (Advertise your fic even further by writing up who's in it. List only main characters. If the main characters are original, put original and see the end of this form.)
Summary: (Obviously, what your story is/will be about.)
Material: (Whatever you've completed thus far. If it's three pages long or less, please put it behind a spoiler. If it's longer, put it in an attachment. If it's on the internet, a link will do.)
Comments: (Notes about where you want the fic to go and what you don't want us to do with it. Or just whatever else you feel like mentioning.)
Supplements: (If your fic features a fan-created character, region, or Pokémon, please describe all of them behind a spoiler tag so we know what we're working with.)

Completed Fics

Title: (What's it called now?)
Original Author: (Please state the name of whoever posted the original idea here. Also link to the post/quote the entry in the list if you can.)
Fandom:
Genre:
Summary:
Status: (Is it a one-shot, or is it a chaptered fic? Are you done, or is it still in progress?)
Link:

» Questions?

If you're ever confused about what's going on here, feel free to drop me a line, either through comments to this thread or VMs/PMs.

» The List

As a note, everything will be sorted in two easy categories: Orphaned Ideas and Orphaned Fics. (Completed Fics may not get a category of their own; it depends on what you all want.) Additionally, everything is alphabetized by the working title/keywords. See the links for more details (including summaries).

Orphaned Ideas

Andrew Wiggin in Hot Topic
Submitted by: Valentine
Fandom: Enderverse/Astinus's Twisted Sims Adventures

Animorphosis
Submitted by: Ditto-Jelly
Fandom: Pokémon

HM Slave
Submitted by: Dagzar

How to make a universe implode
Submitted by: Astinus/Valentine
Fandom: Pokémon/Enderverse/Pokécommunity/whatever

Kingdom Hearts Crossover to the Extreme
Submitted by: txteclipse
Fandom: Everything ever

Ouran High School Pokémon Club
Submitted by: Valentine
Fandom: Ouran High School Host Club/Pokémon

Project: Fakemon
Submitted by: Giratinasaur

Orphaned Fics

Jesse and James, behind the dysfunction
Submitted by: rmmstnr
Genre: Friendship/Angst
Characters: Jessie, James

Last edited by a moderator:

rmmstnr

The Seeker
Years
Orphaned Fic
Title:Err, no title, Jesse and James, behind the dysfunction.
Genre:Friendship, Angst (?)
Summary:Just a story/set of stories that follow Jesse and James (and Meowth) in the early days of their dealings with Ash and friends; basically looking into the dynamics of the group and introspective moments of the characters. Diary style I suppose, but a look at them instead of their own narratives.
Material:
Spoiler:

Comments: No, this isn't an excuse to get Jesse and James together (it wouldn't work). While I planned on illustrating how each would have the idea of "what if" in their moments of wistfullness and trouble, I feel strongly that they would never act on it (besides, you'd have to carry the story on until they drop out of the anime to do it). However, if you pick this up it's yours, so do what you will; after all I coudn't do better Xp. I look forward to what can be made of it. I also wanted to include at least one moment of significant triumph for the group, once again, behind the scenes of the anime (can't really catch pikachu now can we?)

P.S. Unfortunately I have more fragmented stories, I know, I'm ashamed. Just didn't wanna throw out a literary graveyard here

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I am submitting an idea that I think could be done very well by someone more skilled than I am. Keep in mind that my Plot Buneary Zoo ends up rambling on about the characters too, so any part of this can be modified by the new owner. I've left replacement names in there just because I didn't want to delete that part, so don't feel obligated to call someone Blanko. xD

Keywords: Um... 'Project: Fakemon', I guess.
Fandom: Pokémon.
Description:
Spoiler:

THANK YOU for making this thread~ Maybe I'll post another one some other time.

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
(As a random side note, yeah, I don't really make "you're approved" posts here or anything, so if you post here, it'll be up eventually. *thumbs up*)

Now, for a crack idea I really shouldn't be writing and another one that has no post attached to it...

Keywords: Andrew Wiggin in Hot Topic
Fandom: Enderverse/Astinus's Twisted Sim Adventures
Description: Angel (or another Enderverse character) needs to go to the mall/shopping district/space station commerce area to pick up a few things, but unable to do much with Andrew "Ender"/"Andy"/"Fluffy" Wiggin, (s)he's forced to bring Andy along. However, Andy's keeper decides (s)he needs to go get a drink at a nearby stall and leaves Andy alone for five minutes. Andy finds Hot Topic and wanders in. Hilarity ensues.

Keywords: Ouran High School Pokémon Club
Fandom: Ouran High School Host Club/Pokémon
Description: Tamaki finds a mystic portal in what he thinks is a broom closet. Upon passing through it, he finds himself in a laboratory, being mistaken for a new trainer. Now equipped with a starter Pokémon, he's shoved out the door and forced to find a way back home... or, um, he'll go and experience the apparent "commoner pasttime" that is Pokémon training. You know. Whichever he feels like doing more at that particular moment. So, naturally, most of the Host Club follows suit and get Pokémon of their own, except a very confused Haruhi (And maybe one other club member. Haven't thought that far.), who had been out getting instant coffee while the others played with metaphysical sources of incredible power.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Wow. This thread filled a very large and unwanted vacuum. Now I can dump all the crap I've been thinking about on the rest of you and get it out of my freaking head share some ideas that could be great but I just don't have the heart or time to write.

Keywords: Kingdom Hearts Crossover to the Extreme
Fandom: All
Description: A flipping huge Kingdom Hearts fic that encompasses any and every fandom the author cares to include. The heroes from each fandom become keyblade warriors, combating a Heartless and Nobody plague that threatens the entire multiverse. Requirement: must include Sweeney Todd, and his keyblade must be called "My Arm is Complete" and be shaped like a straight razor.

More to come...

Dagzar

The Dreamer
Years
There's no way I'm going to ever write this, so I might as well hand it out.

Keywords: HM Slave
Fandom: Pokemon

Description:
Spoiler:

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
Years
keywords: Animorphosis
fandom: Pokemon
description: It's about a boy called Ken who, hearing about a spate of armed attacks on Blackthorn city (he lives in Mahogany town), decides he wants to have a go at stopping them. When thinking about how he's going to do it, sitting at his favourite hiding spot in the Lake Of Rage, he's somehow transformed into a Dratini. The basic plot of the story, is if he can find out how he became a pokemon, how he can change back, and if he can stop Team Rocket, even while he's in a dratini form.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
So, basically, Asty and I were up late talking, and when that happens... uh... other stuff happens.

Nine months later eventually, we ended up with a baby plot bunny neither of us actually has time to write. Enjoy the crack!

Keywords: How to make a universe implode
Fandom: Pokémon/Enderverse/Pokécommunity/whatever
Description:
Spoiler:

Back