• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well based on the video that is fake (Since there is a western meowth). Although it is possible. There are projects going on to have all 649 pokemon in Ruby and FireRed. Now emerald was a tricky situation so adding all 649 pokemon to it was dropped. So follow these projects and wait for the releases.

Yeah, I know, but I always like Emerald version, mostly because tons of double battles and moving sprites. This game IS real, I played it nearly all, but in chinese it is nearly impossible to make to the end without emulation and saving all freakin' time...

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
not sure if it has been answered but i don't want to go through 820 pages

i have a warp in firered that warps you into a pokemon centre, my problem is the warp makes the player land in the middle
So you need to make sure that you have it connected to another warp inside the pokemon center. If you got it that far it means you have the Map No. and Map Name correct but you have to have the same To Warp No. as the No. in the pokemon center. Example: Outside the warp is has a To Warp No. of 1 and the warp inside has a No. of 1. They match so when you come in it places you there.

Yeah, I know, but I always like Emerald version, mostly because tons of double battles and moving sprites. This game IS real, I played it nearly all, but in chinese it is nearly impossible to make to the end without emulation and saving all freakin' time...
Well then there are still solutions. First, off like I said its hard to add all 493 Pokemon, much less all 649, to Emerald due to lack of free space. If you could find someone who knows how to do it and is willing to do it then look around and do so. Although you can achieve most things like double battles (which is already in the games by default) and moving sprites in FireRed and Ruby that you can achieve in Emerald. This thread talks about moving people and Pokemon sprites. It's still not very easy at all and there may not be free space still.

Years
How can i find an exact trainer in advance trainer?
For example: I am planning to make a harder version of fire red, but i do i find a specific trainer that i have already located in advancemap, but not in advancetrainer?

Sorry for my terrible english btw..

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
How can i find an exact trainer in advance trainer?
For example: I am planning to make a harder version of fire red, but i do i find a specific trainer that i have already located in advancemap, but not in advancetrainer?

Sorry for my terrible english btw..

Each trainer overworld in Advance Map has a script attached to them which determines what they say before and after battle, as well as which trainers you are actually battling. To find out which trainer has been assigned to the overworld, you're going to have to open their script in an editor such as XSE. Look for the scripting command 'trainerbattle' which should look something like this when decompiled (This is from the first girl you meet in Mt Moon):

Code:
trainerbattle 0x0 [COLOR="Red"]0x79[/COLOR] 0x0 0x8172972 0x81729A4

The second byte after the command (highlighted in red) is what determines which trainer you will be battling. Remove the '0x' and place it in the small number box underneath the main list of trainers - You will automatically move to that position. From there on, just edit them as you see fit :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
I'm having issues with adding blocks to a tileset so I can add my own tiles to it. When I change the amount of blocks to tileset 2, the behavior byte and backround byte of all existing tiles that I wanted to use in tileset 1 are wiped out to 0 and even if I set them back to the way they were they either respond or don't. Any ideas of whats going on or if I'm handling this the wrong way? Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
I need help, how to change those sprite to 8bpp? When i try to put it in platinum rom, it say this will probably not work because it not 8bpp, and sprite broken when i write it to rom.
This is what i try to put into rom.
img256.imageshack.us/img256/6682/unledzts.png
img29.imageshack.us/img29/7416/unled2bz.png

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I need help, how to change those sprite to 8bpp? When i try to put it in platinum rom, it say this will probably not work because it not 8bpp, and sprite broken when i write it to rom.
This is what i try to put into rom.
img256.imageshack.us/img256/6682/unledzts.png
img29.imageshack.us/img29/7416/unled2bz.png

8bpp essentially means the picture has 256 different colors. This means you have to index it with 256 colors, as opposed to 16. I'm not sure what you used to index the sprite initially, but in Irfanview, you'd go to "increase color depth", and select 256 colors.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
8bpp essentially means the picture has 256 different colors. This means you have to index it with 256 colors, as opposed to 16. I'm not sure what you used to index the sprite initially, but in Irfanview, you'd go to "increase color depth", and select 256 colors.

I do exactly like you said, this time it doesn't say anything but sprite still broken:(
Here is what it look like
ttp://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5599/newpicture2e.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
But sprites only use png only, is it able to read bmp?
P/S:I was try but it can't even recognize it

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
i use PokeDSpicPlatinum and it only use png image
I'm not to sure after all this. I did a quick search and it seems most people have problems in the same way. It may be the tool itself and not your sprite.

Does anyone know how to change the starting position in ruby?
I'm guessing you are referring to not having to start in the truck, correct? Well on this ROM Hacking tool website there is a tool known as "Advanced Intro Ed." You can use it to control which map you are placed in after the introduction.

TorNyan

Hacker
Years
When I load my hacked ROM and tries to save through Start Menu, it says that there already is a save file (though I haven't saved) with TIME 0:00, then it says "Save Error. Please the backup memory.".

Years
My pokemon in my rom hack won't evolve?
I don't now if it's a problem with hoenn only, but my taillow won't evolve in swellow and my corpfish won't evolve in crawdaunt.
It says this:
Spoiler:

(I used evolve editor pro, could that be the problem?)
What can i do to fix it?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
My pokemon in my rom hack won't evolve?
I don't now if it's a problem with hoenn only, but my taillow won't evolve in swellow and my corpfish won't evolve in crawdaunt.
It says this:
Spoiler:

(I used evolve editor pro, could that be the problem?)
What can i do to fix it?

That's a feature left over from the retail version of FR/LG. Pokemon from outside of the original 151 won't evolve unless you have the National Dex upgrade - This is to prevent you from getting Pokemon like Crobat or Blissey before you beat the game. To activate the National Dex you have to put the command 'special 0x16F' in the script where you get your Pokedex and all of your Pokemon will be able to evolve freely.

Years
That's a feature left over from the retail version of FR/LG. Pokemon from outside of the original 151 won't evolve unless you have the National Dex upgrade - This is to prevent you from getting Pokemon like Crobat or Blissey before you beat the game. To activate the National Dex you have to put the command 'special 0x16F' in the script where you get your Pokedex and all of your Pokemon will be able to evolve freely.
Where exactly should i paste that comment? Oak's script is huge and i can't find the part where he gives me the pokedex..

Anyway thanks for the answer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back