• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Wings and Things~ A Bird Pokemon Fan Club

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I've ever heard of or see this "MissingNo" and I've played Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. A quick Google search calls it a glitch though. Does it count as a Pokemon??

P.S. Please fix my name to Tetrakeet. You have it spelled as Terrakeet. >_<

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I've ever heard of or see this "MissingNo" and I've played Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. A quick Google search calls it a glitch though. Does it count as a Pokemon??

P.S. Please fix my name to Tetrakeet. You have it spelled as Terrakeet. >_<
Fixed your name :)

Well, technically it is a Pokemon, as it functions like one, both in battles and outside of battles, however, as for what I know, it wasn't designed to actually be one. There have been a lot of rumours to what MissingNo. actually is, though I think it's been confirmed to just be the space where they, in the final stage of development, dumped all the stuff they didn't want in the game, due to a lack of time to actually remove the stuff in. I don't know how this created MissingNo, but apparently it did. MissingNo. itself doesn't really have anything to do with bird Pokemon though, as the Bird type was likely just one of things they dumped into the MissingNo. space.

Now, I'm speaking entirely out of memory and theory, so excuse me if some of this is incorrect, but yeah, that's really all it is :)

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Okay. I haven't checked on this club in a while. Sorry about that. Anyway, just to clear things up, Missingno's. types are Bird and Normal in R/B/G. The only thing wrong with your Missingno. theroy is that it's types are Normal and 999. Why would they make a 999 type? Anyway, enough about Missingno.

Member News

Olli97's profile has been accepted!

Upon offer, Olli97 has been promoted to Temporary Staff Member!

Topic News

New Topics!

Should Yveltal be considered a bird Pokemon?

Oh, and that would be great, Olli97

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokémon: Pidgeot
Current topic: I have yet to develop an opinion on Fletchling but I hope it gains an awesome evolution. I think we have enough birds in the legendary category but more birds wouldn't hurt.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Welcome to the club, Olli! :)

Yveltal LOOKS like a bird, that's for sure. The talons look especially awesome. It appears to be fused together with something like a Lugia. I'm not really sure what to consider it..

P.S. Thanks for the name fix. ;)

Olli

Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokémon: Pidgeot
Current topic: I have yet to develop an opinion on Fletchling but I hope it gains an awesome evolution. I think we have enough birds in the legendary category but more birds wouldn't hurt.
Welcome to the club!

The final evolution for Fletchling was actually revealed at E3 a few days ago (the fact that they said final evolution may suggest that there's one in between, which the probability of is just raised by the fact that there are two empty spaces in the Pokedex between Fletchling and Pidgey in the Pokedex, briefly seen in the trailer, so yeah :p). It's called Talonflame, and is a Fire/Flying type, which I'm really looking forward to! First time since Moltres we're seeing a fire bird iirc :D

image in spoiler
Spoiler:

I can't really say I agree that we have enough bird legendaries though. As I mentioned in my last post, the only bird are really Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, while a few others kinda resemble birds in some way. But to each their own, I just personally would love to see more of them :p

Welcome to the club, Olli! :)
P.S. Thanks for the name fix. ;)
Thanks, and no problem :)

Yveltal LOOKS like a bird, that's for sure. The talons look especially awesome. It appears to be fused together with something like a Lugia. I'm not really sure what to consider it..
I agree that it does have quite a few features of a bird that can make it seem like a bird, but in my eyes it just looks more like a dragon-esque/mythological creature of some sort, just like how I don't really see Lugia as a bird either. But apparently both are bird Pokemon iirc, so I guess Gamefreak jsut went with a different look. But yeah, I'd definitely put it in the same category as Lugia, as they do share some similarities in regards of shape and size, so yeah :p

Nickle4aPickle

They/Them
Years
First time since Moltres we're seeing a fire bird iirc :D

Um... Ho-oh? XD

And welcome new members! :D

I think so. It has bird-like feet, and to me it appears it has a beak. Its wings remind me of Lugia's, and we consider Lugia a bird, right?
...OMG, Yveltal looks like a fusion of Lugia and Groudon! OwO With the claws on the ends of its wings, they kind of look like Groudon's arms! I like this thought~ :D

Olli

Years
Um... Ho-oh? XD

.../facepalm xD

I don't know why, but Ho-oh is the one Pokemon that always manages to escape my mind whenever I'm thinking of the second generation games, despite playing such a major role in them. I mean, when it comes to the second generation Pokemon, it's probably at the top of them all. It resurrected the legendary beast trio, can apparently grant anyone who sees it eternal happiness, and is super powerful, so I have no idea why I keep forgetting it. It may be because I had Silver and only managed to actually get past the Snorlax very few times for some reason, so I rarely ever got the chance to actually encounter Ho-oh in my own game. But yeah, none since Ho-oh xD

I think so. It has bird-like feet, and to me it appears it has a beak. Its wings remind me of Lugia's, and we consider Lugia a bird, right?
...OMG, Yveltal looks like a fusion of Lugia and Groudon! OwO With the claws on the ends of its wings, they kind of look like Groudon's arms! I like this thought~ :D
I guess it does have a few of the features that'd distinguish it as a bird, but I still have a hard time identifying any Pokemon that doesn't have feathers, or something that resembles feathers at least, as a bird Pokemon :( So waiting till it's confirmed before I call it a bird :p

Username: Regeneration
Partner Pokemon: Swellow

Topic:
Fletchling? Sounds like yet another obligatory, generic, regional flying type. Nothing more to say. >_>
Welcome to the club!

Fletchling is definitley not gonna be yet another generic starter bird. One of the main factors in this claim, is the fact that it isn't gonna be a Flying/Normal type like all the past starter birds, but rather a Flying/Fire type. I don't know whether Fletchling itself will be a Flying/Fire, but its evolution(s?) have been confirmed to be so, so yeah. But it is gonna be yet another obligatory regional Flying type ;)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Yveltal eh... I don't think he'll be a bird, I think he's more of a dragon! He has the whole "doom dragon" feel about him, dontcha think? I'm much more interested in Fletchling, though - it's looking like such a ridiculously cute little Pokémon that evolves into something so strong and cool, it's pretty exciting! Like Olli said, I doubt it'll be the next 'default starting bird Pokémon' kind of thing simply based on the typing and the fact that it seems to be in an only two-tiered family (go away Tailow), but I hope you can find him early on because he's definitely earning a place on my team.

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Some of its features really resembles a bird, especially its 'feet'. It also does look like a bird in some angles too. BUT Ylveltal still does not look like a bird for me. Maybe because he has no 'beak'. Also, Ylveltal's wings aren't feathered, so its wings really just looks like bulky arms (just like Lugia's). Soooooo Ylveltal is NOT a bird for me.

Years
Username: LoneLimeWolf
Partner Pokémon: Pidgeotto
Current topic: Yes, I think that there should be more bird though there are plenty but still if they would add a couple more then there would be more birdpokemon to make my favorites :)

Olli

Years
Yveltal eh... I don't think he'll be a bird, I think he's more of a dragon! He has the whole "doom dragon" feel about him, dontcha think? I'm much more interested in Fletchling, though - it's looking like such a ridiculously cute little Pokémon that evolves into something so strong and cool, it's pretty exciting! Like Olli said, I doubt it'll be the next 'default starting bird Pokémon' kind of thing simply based on the typing and the fact that it seems to be in an only two-tiered family (go away Tailow), but I hope you can find him early on because he's definitely earning a place on my team.
I'm still hoping it's gonna be a 3 stage evolutionary line, since the 2 empty spaces between Fletchling and Pidgey in the Kalos Pokedex seem to suggest so. Of course there is a chance that it's just another one-stage Pokemon, but it doesn't really make sense to but such a Pokemon in between the bird Pokemon, and there aren't really any one-stage bird Pokemon that'd really fit in so early in the Pokedex. I just feel like the two-stage birds kinda fall short (not as short as you though ;)) the further you get into the game. Swellow and Noctowl are both great in the beginning of the game, all throughout the first 4-5 gyms, but from there they just end up getting weaker and weaker, and usually aren't for much use in the later gyms as well as the E4. However, even if Fletchling's family end up being a two-stage evolutionary line, it doesn't really seem like it'll be weak, but yeah, I just like more evolutions, since it usually feels like I have more to work towards :p

Some of its features really resembles a bird, especially its 'feet'. It also does look like a bird in some angles too. BUT Ylveltal still does not look like a bird for me. Maybe because he has no 'beak'. Also, Ylveltal's wings aren't feathered, so its wings really just looks like bulky arms (just like Lugia's). Soooooo Ylveltal is NOT a bird for me.
Yeah, I just feel like there are 3 physical features that need to be present for it to be considered a bird in my eyes. The ugly bird feet, which Yveltal does have, a beak, and feathers, however, when it comes to Pokemon, the feathers aren't really that important, considering we have Pokemon like Moltres and Skarmory, who both still clearly resemble birds. But Yveltal just has more of a Dragon-esque look to me :/

Username: LoneLimeWolf
Partner Pokémon: Pidgeotto
Current topic: Yes, I think that there should be more bird though there are plenty but still if they would add a couple more then there would be more birdpokemon to make my favorites :)
Welcome to the club! I definitely agree that there should be more birds. We don't really see that many outside of the usual starter birds, and it'd just be nice to see more of them in general. But then again, eventually they're gonna run out of birds to base them on, while still keeping them relatively original, and other fans may not like the excessive amount of birds :p

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm still hoping it's gonna be a 3 stage evolutionary line, since the 2 empty spaces between Fletchling and Pidgey in the Kalos Pokedex seem to suggest so. Of course there is a chance that it's just another one-stage Pokemon, but it doesn't really make sense to but such a Pokemon in between the bird Pokemon, and there aren't really any one-stage bird Pokemon that'd really fit in so early in the Pokedex. I just feel like the two-stage birds kinda fall short (not as short as you though ;)) the further you get into the game. Swellow and Noctowl are both great in the beginning of the game, all throughout the first 4-5 gyms, but from there they just end up getting weaker and weaker, and usually aren't for much use in the later gyms as well as the E4. However, even if Fletchling's family end up being a two-stage evolutionary line, it doesn't really seem like it'll be weak, but yeah, I just like more evolutions, since it usually feels like I have more to work towards :p
I disagree! Well, I agree that Noctowl is utterly useless and could never be used well in a serious team (please feel free to argue this point if anyone's used one!), but Swellow is a great Pokémon haha. With his moves and abilities he can reach wonderful levels of power (though still unfortunately out-classed by Sinnoh's Staraptor) and he's definitely a Pokémon that I'd use reliably in a team. I don't think two-stage lines of birds are doomed at all, especially since this new Fire/Flying combination breaks the mould already, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see haha. I have good feelings about it (despite the unavoidably drastic Rock weakness) so here's hoping it won't let us down! Also Fletchling is just too cute oh god.

Yeah, I just feel like there are 3 physical features that need to be present for it to be considered a bird in my eyes. The ugly bird feet, which Yveltal does have, a beak, and feathers, however, when it comes to Pokemon, the feathers aren't really that important, considering we have Pokemon like Moltres and Skarmory, who both still clearly resemble birds. But Yveltal just has more of a Dragon-esque look to me :/
I think with the new type revelation and the new Oblivion Wing move, Yveltal is quite a good candidate for being a bird Pokémon. I've already explained these reasons in detail before though, so what do you guys think? :D

Years
Username: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Natu
What are your thoughts on Fletchling, the new Generation VI bird Pokemon?
Oh gosh I love the little guy. He's perfect for a bird and has a much more interesting design than Starly, at least to me. Not a very big fan of his evolutions though. :(

Yaaay, bird club! Not sure how I didn't see it sooner!

Olli

Years
I disagree! Well, I agree that Noctowl is utterly useless and could never be used well in a serious team (please feel free to argue this point if anyone's used one!), but Swellow is a great Pokémon haha. With his moves and abilities he can reach wonderful levels of power (though still unfortunately out-classed by Sinnoh's Staraptor) and he's definitely a Pokémon that I'd use reliably in a team. I don't think two-stage lines of birds are doomed at all, especially since this new Fire/Flying combination breaks the mould already, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see haha. I have good feelings about it (despite the unavoidably drastic Rock weakness) so here's hoping it won't let us down! Also Fletchling is just too cute oh god.
Don't get me wrong, I love Swellow, and it's always stayed on my team throughout the entire thing, but just compared to how other starter birds fare (apart from Noctowl) in the late sections of the games, Swellow just doesn't quite follow through, at least not in my experiences. It's amazing early on, and throughout up till about the sixth gym or so, where I usually just start using it less and less, since it faints really easily from that point on (around that point, haven't played Ruby/Sapphire in a while, so can't say exactly :p). I guess I can't really argue with it being because it's weaker than the other starter birds, since I've always found the third generation games hard, and it may just be me who's absolutely terrible at training my Pokemon. But then again, most of the starter birds are actually pretty weak near the end, apart from Staraptor who's just a beast, so maybe I've just been too quick to draw conclusions. But either way, I still love Swellow ;')

But of course I can't really judge Fletchling before seeing how it actually is in battle, it can be that it ends up being an amazing 2-stage bird, and I've just been quick to judge. But we'll see ;D

I think with the new type revelation and the new Oblivion Wing move, Yveltal is quite a good candidate for being a bird Pokémon. I've already explained these reasons in detail before though, so what do you guys think? :D
Wait what, new type revelation? Oblivion Wing? What's happened while I've been gone, fill me in!

Username: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Natu
What are your thoughts on Fletchling, the new Generation VI bird Pokemon?
Oh gosh I love the little guy. He's perfect for a bird and has a much more interesting design than Starly, at least to me. Not a very big fan of his evolutions though. :(

Yaaay, bird club! Not sure how I didn't see it sooner!
Welcome to the club! I really like Fletchling's design as well, and I don't find it quite as boring as the birds tend to have it. And I feel like Talonflame is a bit of a step up, which is part of the reason why I think there's another evolution in between the two. But yeah, really love Fletchling :)

The club has been kinda dead for a while now, so that may be the reason why you didn't see it sooner :( Let's change that! ;)

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Username: Pokemount
Partner Pokemon: Braviary
Answer A Topic: I like Fletchling, he looks kinda neat, however not a fan of his evolution.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
So here's a fun question - what inanimate object would you most like to see turned into a bird Pokémon?

Rocks, rubbish bags, ice creams, coffins - they're all been make into Pokémon already so which inanimate object do you think has the best potential to become a bird Pokémon?

Here's a UFO one I found on Google;

Spoiler:

It's... unique, at least? XD

Back