• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed or LeafGreen?

Castrainer

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 8, 2006
Well, as ya all must know, the new TCG Set will be called EX: FireRed and LeafGreen. And It will feature two Theme Decks, like always...

One is FireRed Theme Deck - Fire and Water

The Other One is LeafGreen - Grass and Electric

If someone noticed, those are the same types of the EX: Dragon Set...

But, what one are ya going to buy?
I dont know... FireRed is Cool and I bought WindBlast, so I wont have more on Grass/Electric Type. And LeafGreen cuz I will buy LeafGreen for GBA, and I like Ivysaur the Most...

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
I won't be buying Pokemon cards for awhile, but when I do, I'm going to get a whole bunch of packs from hidden Legends and Fire red Leaf green and I will get the Fire Red deck, since I really like fire types and Fire red is the gameboy game i'm getting.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 24, 2005
Depends on whether the Starter-ex Pokemon are in the PCDs. If they are, I'll buy one. If not, then no. It also depends on the Trainers in them. I'm probably going to be in the Theme Deck Challange for the Prerelease, so I'll know pretty much exactly what's in each PCD.

Otherwise, Boosters all the way 4 me.

Castrainer

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 8, 2006
Boosters are Pretty Better Than Decks, But I buy one Deck of each EX set...

EX: Ru/Sa - Ruby
EX: Sandstorm - Caravan
EX: Dragon - WindBlast
EX: Magma vs Aqua - Magma
EX: Hidden Legends - WishMaker

What will come next? XD

Shukuen Shinobi

Ninja Dude
Years
I'm a collector, so I will get both, they are only 10 dollars...

With any luck, there were 2 Steven's Advice in the HL theme decks...so maybe there will be 2 Prof. Oak's Research in these? I am in a shortage of Oak's from Expedition, so if they are, it will be a big bonus for players.

It's hard to tell what deck to buy just by looking at the cover..if I had to pick..I'd wait to look at the decklist to see which cards are better in each deck.

But, like Bullados, since we're both active tourny players, I'll go in a Theme Deck Challenge at the PreRelease too, so I'll report back to tell what's in the theme decks.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2004
man i dont know im not reallt big on trading cards but id suggest the fire red deck just cuase is cool but since you would spred your deck out tooo if you bought it

Back