• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HM slaves! Wich pokemon is your HM slave?

Who is the best HM slave?

• Bibarel

Votes: 36 90.0%
  • Geodude

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Prinplup

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
On Crystal I'm using Typholosion (strength)/Poliwhirl(surf/waterfall/whirlpool)/Noctowl(fly/flash) as my HM whoars <3 I also use another Pokemon for cut, but it's week.

On Sapphire though I was using Swampert primarily, as it used surf/strength, and I didn't really need to use the other HMs as much, if so, I'd just put a Pokemon in my party that does that - well, I'm using a Flygon for flying, but yeah. Other than that, I only battle with Swampert, so everything else is a HM whoar.

Strong Pokemon that can use HMs used to be rare for me when playing games. As I grow older I play with more strategy. XD

Years
On my Sapphire, I use a Tropius (Cut, Fly, Flash and Rock Smash) and usually a Wailmer for Surf, Waterfall and Dive. I usually give Strength to another Pokemon, as it's a fairly half-decent move in battle.
In other games, however, I seem to distribute the HMs fairly evenly, except for one time when I had a Tentacool with Cut, Surf and Waterfall

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It may be just me, but I think it is a bit cruel to use HM slaves because ater they are used they are usualy dumped in the PC forever. But if I have to have a HM slave mine would be either bidoof or bebariel.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
In my HG i used Pidgeot Fly, Feraligatr for waterfall, sandshrew for Cut, Rock Climb, Headbutt, Cut and a Quagsire for Surf, Flash, Strength, Whirlpool. covered everything and best thing is Waterfall can be used for battling purposes.

P/Pt Bibarel is my salve with a Staraptor for fly and geodude for whatever else.

Myles

Seriously?
Years
I usually have Bibarel for half and Pelipper for the other half. Excluding Rock Climb, which I have on my Magmar, who doubles as a Magma Armourer.

So yeah, Bibarel is the best.

Medli

I am Error.
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
R/B/Y: I always use a Bellsprout or Oddish for Cut (and maybe Flash? I forget if they can learn it). Surf and Strength are usually on my main team. Same with Fly, because I'm lazy.

G/S/C: Bellsprout and Oddish for Cut and Flash. Surf, Strength, and Fly are on my main team. I think I usually get a Krabby for Rock Smash, and I use Gyarados for Waterfall and Whirlpool.

R/S/E: Linoone/Zigzagoon is pretty awesome. It can use a lot of HMs, and it has Pickup, which is pretty handy. I think I catch a Wailmer for Dive and Whirlpool and Waterfall purposes... was there Whirlpool in these games? I forget. Whatever.

D/P/Pt: One word. Bibarel.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
Years
R/S/E: Zigzagoon

D/P/Pt: Bibarel or... *gets shot* Torterra.

Torterra was useless to me and I didn't feel like catching a Bibarel, so I just used Torterra as an HM slave with Cut/Strength/Rock Smash/Rock Climb. =D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
R/S/E: Zigzagoon. Never bothered to catch Linoone.
FR/LG: I use a variety of things for this. Apparently Aerodactyl is a pretty good slave, and Gyarados isn't too bad either.
D/P/Pt: A Bibarel and my Mantine, which is my Surf/Waterfall/Defog slave. Bibarel does everything else.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
*prepares to be shot*

...Giratina.

That's... Better than Arceus.

I usually use Bibarel, but I'm thinking about using multiple Smeargle, keeping all of them but the one I need for the Route(s) I'm on in storage.

Spinach

like popeye
Years
*prepares to be shot*

...Giratina.

I recently traded all these pokemon over from Diamond to HeartGold and I saw that my Giratina knew Cut and Strength, so I rounded it out with Rock Climb and Rock Smash. Not really planning to use for much anyways, and Giratina is ugly.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
I only use HM slaves when doing Mono-runs (usually, my favorite type can't use all the HMs I need). When I do use slaves, I usually skip the trouble and hack a Dragonite :P

But yeah, normal games means no HM slaves.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hmmm...2 ways I have HMSlaves:

Mew-If I get mine cloned, 2 cover all my HMs.

However, my current method on Platinum:

-Dragonite-Fly/Defog/Surf/Waterfakk
-Garchomp-Rock Smash/Rock Climb/Cut/Strength

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2013
In Emerald, I use Linoone for my HM Buddy (HM slave sounds harsh) i can learn Cut, Rock smash, strength and surf.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I usually don't use HM slaves either. Surf, Fly and Strength i just teach to Pokemon in my party, they are okay moves, so i don't really care. If i need some other HM, ill just get a Pokemon, teach it to him, and drop him again in the next city

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
First starters, honestly, I hate the term "slave" (to rude and insulting in my opinion) I call them "HM Partners" or "HM Companions".

I only use 4 HM's - 2 a lot (Cut and Surf - two other are Fly and Strenght)
• Soul Silver I have not yet decided.
• Pearl, I have not yet decided on cut, Buizel is my main water Pokemon, and surf is one of my favorite water attacks, not just for HM, also a regular move.

for my Unova games
• Cut: my Liepard - its always part of the team
• Fly: Unfezant - usually in the PC
• Strenght: a Mienfoo - not the one I use in my team, but one in the PC
• Surf: Dewott - not just HM, I keep as a regular move too

other HM's I don't use, unless I really need them, I"ll search whom ever I have in the PC and is compatible with the HM.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
YO this thread was dead let's no post in it plzzzz ya dig???? You can make a new one, son.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back