• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Hi :) I'm not the hugest Dark-type fan around, but I still think it's an awesome Pokemon type.

My favorites would have to be Hydriegon, Krookodile and Zoroark. Both Hydreigon and Krookodile are Awesome and powerful. As for Zoroark, it was one of the first B/W Pokemon I've known. I found it so cool and I've always told myself that I'll definitely get it on my team when I get the game (but up until now, I still haven't..) Scrafty's awesome too with great attack and defenses, but a tad slow. Makes a great Payback user. x)

Do I have o answer a question or something? Oh, which Dark-type's design do I not like? Hmm..that'll have to be Shiftry. It looks rather cranky and old lol.

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
The reason they made Spiritomb part-Dark was due to one of its Pokedex entries mentioning mischief and misdeeds, which is one of the things Dark-types are known for. In fact, if you look at most Dark-type attacks, they tend to be based on trickery like stealing, cruelty and pragmatism.

However, I still think Spiritomb has an interesting design and origin behind it, and given it has 108 spirits, its Sinnoh Dex number being 108 and weighing 108kg if you go by metric. Spiritomb actually has a big association towards the number 108, according to this quote on TV Tropes:

And I didn't even know it had 108 base for both of its defenses until reading TV Tropes.

That does make sense. Spiritomb is part Ghost-type for being made up of 108 spirits, and part Dark-type for the misdeeds of those 108 spirits. But if the Dark-type can be representative of dark natures like misdeeds and mischief, I wonder what other Pokemon could have potentially been Dark-types?
So that's what is so significant about the number 108. That's actually pretty interesting. I like it when Pokemon end up teaching you something cool like that :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hi :) I'm not the hugest Dark-type fan around, but I still think it's an awesome Pokemon type.

My favorites would have to be Hydriegon, Krookodile and Zoroark. Both Hydreigon and Krookodile are Awesome and powerful. As for Zoroark, it was one of the first B/W Pokemon I've known. I found it so cool and I've always told myself that I'll definitely get it on my team when I get the game (but up until now, I still haven't..) Scrafty's awesome too with great attack and defenses, but a tad slow. Makes a great Payback user. x)

Do I have o answer a question or something? Oh, which Dark-type's design do I not like? Hmm..that'll have to be Shiftry. It looks rather cranky and old lol.
Are you signing up? If so you should use the sign-up form:

Username:
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon:
Your partners: (Up to two)
What Types rule:
Answer the current topic:
Thanks.

And now it's time to update the list.

Treecko

Years
Hm this club's dead again. So lets bump it up with a topic.

Is there a Pokemon/and or move you think should of been a Dark type?

I think Shadow Ball could of been a Dark-type move. I used to think it was a kid and it personally seems to be more fitting to me. It looks dark and ominous and seems to be more dark than anything.

Discuss.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Username: CourageHound
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think darl type pokemon are, in two words: Uber Coolness. Their overall designs are sick and embody their dark type origin and the tenancies and antics exemplified by dark types keep you on your toes.
Your partners: This, was honestly the hardest part of this sign-up application. Tyrantitar(Ace) was a must for him being a part of my HG journey. My other partner(after 15 min of thinking, between Mightyena, Houndoom, and Krookodile...so painfull T^T) shall be Mightyena.
What Types rule: Hmm...dats a tuffie....-psh, Dark Types!
Answer the current topic: Is there a Pokemon/and or move you think should of been a Dark type?

I'm just gunna bring this back for ya. Well, I do agree that the name "~Shadow Ball" does sound more dark type oriented. Also although debatable most ghost type moves can be interchanged in-between ghost and dark, depending on reasoning.

Treecko

Years
Username: CourageHound
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think darl type pokemon are, in two words: Uber Coolness. Their overall designs are sick and embody their dark type origin and the tenancies and antics exemplified by dark types keep you on your toes.
Your partners: This, was honestly the hardest part of this sign-up application. Tyrantitar(Ace) was a must for him being a part of my HG journey. My other partner(after 15 min of thinking, between Mightyena, Houndoom, and Krookodile...so painfull T^T) shall be Mightyena.
What Types rule: Hmm...dats a tuffie....-psh, Dark Types!
Answer the current topic: Is there a Pokemon/and or move you think should of been a Dark type?

I'm just gunna bring this back for ya. Well, I do agree that the name "~Shadow Ball" does sound more dark type oriented. Also although debatable most ghost type moves can be interchanged in-between ghost and dark, depending on reasoning.

Welcome to the club. You'll be added to the list.

I guess that's true I never realized that.

CourageHound

Years
Yea, like the majority of ghost type moves that include "shadow" in their name imply that they could be dark type. Bout the only ghost type moves that sound disputably ghost type based on their names would be destiny bond and hex.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw, definitely. Also Haze, I really don't get why that's Ice type - creating a load of mist and fog to hide in certainly seems like a Dark-type tactic to me. As for Pokémon, I think Seviper certainly should be Dark type! Everything about it just screams "I'm evil!" and it uses some really tricky tactics; a signature feature of most Dark type Pokémon. I reckon Glalie too should be Dark type for the same reason as Seviper since it appears to just be one huge ball of floating evil, but I guess you can't always judge a book by it's cover haha.

One that I've always been interested about is Lucario - does anyone think he should be joint Dark type? I know he's supposed to be a pure-hearted aura guardian, but being a Dark type doesn't mean the Pokémon has to be evil - it just means it has access to the darker powers and tactics that come with the typing. I'd say Lucario is certainly a Pokémon whom has the appearance of a Dark type with the look in his red eyes and the black face-mask pattern he has, plus he's a Pokémon that relies strongly on tactics to be strong with a lot of tricky moves, so I think Dark could suit him pretty well - especially better than Steel (I have no idea where that typing comes from :p). Thoughts?

CourageHound

Years
Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw, definitely. Also Haze, I really don't get why that's Ice type - creating a load of mist and fog to hide in certainly seems like a Dark-type tactic to me. As for Pokémon, I think Seviper certainly should be Dark type! Everything about it just screams "I'm evil!" and it uses some really tricky tactics; a signature feature of most Dark type Pokémon. I reckon Glalie too should be Dark type for the same reason as Seviper since it appears to just be one huge ball of floating evil, but I guess you can't always judge a book by it's cover haha.

One that I've always been interested about is Lucario - does anyone think he should be joint Dark type? I know he's supposed to be a pure-hearted aura guardian, but being a Dark type doesn't mean the Pokémon has to be evil - it just means it has access to the darker powers and tactics that come with the typing. I'd say Lucario is certainly a Pokémon whom has the appearance of a Dark type with the look in his red eyes and the black face-mask pattern he has, plus he's a Pokémon that relies strongly on tactics to be strong with a lot of tricky moves, so I think Dark could suit him pretty well - especially better than Steel (I have no idea where that typing comes from :p). Thoughts?

I see what you mean, Lucario certainly has the design of a dark type.....(maybe his steel typing comes from his horn thingies and his chest and paws?). Howeverif you were to classify him based on his abillities pretaining to aura he should be part psychic IMO.

Treecko

Years

I agree with this. I don't see how he could be a Steel-type. The only thing that's classifying him as Steel are those spikes, he would fit better as a Dark type. Design wise , he's more of Dark type and Dark Pulse is one of his Start moves. There's also alot of other Dark type moves that fit Lucario prerry well. Night Slash, Assurance, Crunch , Foul Play, Snarl, Bite to name a few.

Ok, this is the topic now so I'll add it to the list.

For anyone who hasn't answered the topic, I'll put it here:

Do you think Lucario should be a Dark-type ? Why or Why not?

CourageHound

Years

Yess!! Not only will making lucario dark type make more sense(and make him that much cooler :D) but his overall competitive metagame will also increase(i think). Its sort of a mixed bag really. Dark/Fighting would grant him less weaknesses and a better secondary type offensively. While also cutting his resistances and immunity to toxic.

But looking back again, Lucario would do better in battle with his steel typing due to the handy resistances steel provides. Thats the main reason people would want Lucario to remain Steel/Fighting.
On the flip side Lucario gets near un-resisted coverage in Fighting/Dark(unresisted with a move like ice punch or extreeme speed) and would give him more move set options.

Idk, irl I would like Lucario to be Dark type just cuz hes cooler that way.

Treecko

Years

Yess!! Not only will making lucario dark type make more sense(and make him that much cooler :D) but his overall competitive metagame will also increase(i think). Its sort of a mixed bag really. Dark/Fighting would grant him less weaknesses and a better secondary type offensively. While also cutting his resistances and immunity to toxic.

But looking back again, Lucario would do better in battle with his steel typing due to the handy resistances steel provides. Thats the main reason people would want Lucario to remain Steel/Fighting.
On the flip side Lucario gets near un-resisted coverage in Fighting/Dark(unresisted with a move like ice punch or extreeme speed) and would give him more move set options.

Idk, irl I would like Lucario to be Dark type just cuz hes cooler that way.

Yeah agree as a Dark/Steel he would benefit more than a Steel/Fighting.

Also just bumping this up again. >.>

CourageHound

Years
Aaww...:(

Well heres a topic I think everyone can enjoy~:

Describe your relationship with your dark type partner(s). Also how did you meet them?(Irl point of view)

I'll get around to answering one I've seen what you guys come up with.

CourageHound

Years
Yea...dont like it? :/ you can bump it if youd like. Perhaps a simpler one would be Which Dark type do you find the most scary or unnerving and why?

Treecko

Years
I liked it. It was a pretty good topic nonetheless, though perhaps a bit complicated.

So yeah, answer the other one instead.

Which Dark type do you find the most scary or unnerving and why?

I would Houndoom. It just looks evil and menacing. Plus alot of it's Dex entries mention that if you're burned by the flames that come out it's mouth, that the pains from the burns never goes away. Forever having burns that will never go away just gives me shudders.
Darkrai is a good second cause it literally lures people to sleep and causes nightmares. Being stuck in a nightmare sounds painful. Plus it has those really long leg that can come out his body. That's pretty creepy if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back