• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best cards and prices in USA?

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
hello!
Where is the best place in the states to buy Pokemon? What cards are best is it the EX? What is a decent price to pay for various cards including the EX?
Thanks!

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Hey Pokewho !
It all depends on what particular cards that you are looking for. It will depend whether you are looking for cards to collect or build a tournament worthy deck. I would say eBay is a good place to get single cards as tournament worthy cards can be bid on and perhaps gained at lower prices. For example I got a Landorus-EX for £10 when they normally sell for £16-22 each !

Some EXs such as Mewtwo-EX,Darkrai-EX and Rayquaza-EX have been reprinted in tins so they will be cheaper. Soon Keldeo-EX will be printed in a tin along with Black and White Kyurem-EX.

For packs you could look around and see what is your best local supplier. Most people will use Troll and Toad for TCG stuff in the USA or international buyers who want their US items shipped to them.

Some commons are better/easier acquired through buying booster boxes, but that depends if you are looking for EXs from that particular set. For example supporters such as Professor Juniper and N are in Dark Explorers but if you have no interest in the EXs in that set, then you may be better off just buying them in singles.
Plasma Storm is a good set to purchase if you're looking to get started in the game, same with Boundaries crossed.

Years
An alternative to TrollandToad are big box retailers like Target and Wal-Mart, but those places don't sell singles. Other alternatives are your local hobby shop, but TrollandToad has the largest selection of singles on the web from a single seller.

Years
everyone always says troll and toad... i dont know why... they are way!!! overpriced. i havnt been able to find cheaper than coolstuffinc.com they beat troll and toad on every item. shipping is free if u spend over 100 dollars which is easy if your buying box's. You cant beat this place. I have never had a problem buying from them and i have spent $2000+ from them!

Back