• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Left Unsolved...[T]

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Left Unsolved...[T]

All SU's go in the OOC thread. Any posted here will immedietly be denied

Story:
Spoiler:

You:
Spoiler:

SU
Spoiler:

Spots open:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Now we begin, with one spot open. For your first post just write about showing up at the Police station in Pallet town unless you already work under Melody Johnson. Just one post for now.

Chief Melody Johnson

"Chief the briefing room is ready why don't you wait there for the team you have called" a small kind voice said from the doorway. Looking up Melody saw her secretary Mrs. Bethany Collins standing there holding a mug of coffee. "You've been up all night in your office reading through those old files haven't you?"

Melody sighed running a hand through her light auburn hair that for once was down. "Yes I was Beth" she said putting her hair up into a bun. "I was looking through my fathers files about the case" she said bags under her eyes. "thanks for setting up the meeting room"

Bethany smiled "It's no problem at all chief, by the way the coffee maker in the briefing room has just finished a fresh pot, in case you need some" she said handing Melody a file before leaving.

Melody looked at the file and sighed standing up leaving her room nodding at any officer who said good morning. But if only that were true. Upon entering the briefing room she put the pictures from the new crime and the one committed ten years ago. It was all the same just in the old photos it was a dead man on the floor, in the new photo's it was his daughter killed exactly ten years later. Melody rubbed her head and poured a cup of coffee into a mug before sitting at the head of the table in front of the board with the pictures taking a sip of the beverage while waiting for the others to show up.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jonathan was tired. Tired of his small workload, tired of always sitting in his chair, and tired of this small town. When he had first arrived he had thought that his business would have attracted at least some attention. He had looked up businesses in the area and had seen that there were only a handful of detective agencies scattered throughout Pallet. Most were family businesses, none had seen what he had seen back in Vermilion. Apparently they didn't need to in order to work down here.

For the first few days Jon exptected at least one person to come in to hire him to follow a cheating husband or a lying co-worker. None had. Oh, there had been one or two in the first few weeks, but most of the time he simply got some innocent young woman to hire him in order to find a purse that had been 'stolen' while she had been at the bathroom, and every single time he found it under a table, or in the bathroom, or even in her car.

Don't get Jon wrong, he needed the money, especially if they overpayed him for putting him on a wild goose chase, but it had been far less then what he had been making in Vermilion. He didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Jon had just been about to pack up and head elsewhere but then a murder investigation opened up and Jon had eagerly contacted the police to give his own two cents. What had suprised him was that the police gave him a time and date to meet with their Chief, Melody Johnson. Back in Vermillion, meeting with a chief meant that the force was out of options to solve a crime, he hoped it meant differently here.

Thus, that was why Jon now stood outside of the station in his trademark black suit. Sighing, Jon stepped inside and went over to the information desk, stating his name and why he was here. The woman at the desk had gladly told him where to go and after a few minutes of transversing hallways and backtracking when he had taken a wrong turn he arrived at the briefing room.

There was only one table with a few chairs placed around it and at the head of the table sat a woman drinking a cup of coffee while looking at some pictures. She must be the chief, Jon thought. He walked over to her and held out his hand for a handshake, "Hello Ma'am. My name is Jonathan Hughes one of the detectives assigned to the murder case." He said in a respectful, but still firm voice.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
"Well Rosco. Finally here," Sam said quietly. He patted the large Houndoom that stood next to him, who growled an affirmative. They were indeed there. The pair of them were standing outside the gates of Pallet Town. When the new murder struck, the chief had sent his finest detective out to see what was going on. And when he came back saying that it was a waste of time, they sent out Sam. Well, Sam didn't actually know what had been said between the chief and Detective Flint, but what else could it have been? Sam wasn't exactly the man for the job. He hated cases like this. Still, if he expected to get payed, he'd have to do his best to find the killer. With a sigh, he set of into Pallet. He took note of the pristinely kept houses and the perfectly dressed men and women staring at him and Rosco. He was out of his depth here. He didn't belong here, he belonged back in his old town chasing down criminals. He ignored the people and made his way to the police station. Rosco sniffed around, and then growled slightly. Sam patted him on the head.

"Don't worry Rosco, we'll get to the bottom of this. Now, let's go introduce ourselves," Sam said. He walked inside the police station, Rosco right on his heels. He took a look around. This was a rather well run place... For a peaceful town with very little crime. These cops had no clue about the real world. Well... That was why they couldn't even solve their own murder cases and needed help from real law informent.

"Excuse me. I am Captain Samuel Viscenti. I'm here to meet with Chief Johnson," Sam said flashing his badge. Rosco growled in agreement. Silly mutt agreed with everything Sam said.

"Oh yes... Right down the hall there," the lady said. She didn't even check his ID or anything. For all she knew he could have bought that badge at the dollar store. And no one had told him to put Rosco in his pokeball yet. Let's see... A man covered in scars with a grizzled and hardened appearence walks in. He has a tough looking pokemon and says he's here to see the chief of police in the city. Nope. That's not odd at all. What a sloppy police force. Back at home, if a man like him had asked to see the chief they would have asked him al kinds of questions, the first and formost being 'why'. He shrugged and walked down the hall where he had been directed, Rosco right on his heels. He entered the room and looked at the two inside. He shook his head.

"Captain Samuel Viscenti," he said simply, his voice making it clear he didn't really want to be here right now. Rosco barked once and sat down next to him as he remained standing next to the door.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I was sitting in my apartment holding a cigarette in my right hand. Fitz was lying on the couch, taking a nap. I blew some smoke as I watched the letter from Chief Johnson from Pallet Town. I was supposed to be there the next day, and getting from Celadon to there was quite a long way. Luckily for me I knew a guy who had a Pidgeot and could take me real quick. Hell, I would be there before you get to say "bourbon". Anyway, midnight came, and I had to get moving.

"Hey, Fitzy, wake up." I said as I poured some scotch on a glass that was on my desk, right next to the letter, "We gotta get to Pallet Town, pronto." As my partner jumped off the couch and put on his coat, I put on mine and grabbed the letter. Then I drank up the glass of scotch and blew some more smoke. "Ok, let's go."

The streets of Celadon were peaceful that night. Just the way I liked it. I blew some more smoke in the air as Fitz and I headed for where my contact was. Knowing him, the guy would be at the Rocket Bar, just a few blocks away from my place, either having just entered or about to leave. About five minutes later, I was at the venue. I quickly spotted the guy. He was sitting by the bar, having his usual drink. I approached him.

"Hey, Mark." I said, "I need a favor" There was no time for catching up.

"Heeeey, Phil! How you doing?" he said. By tone of his voice, I could tell he was wasted.

"Like I always am. Now listen. I need to borrow your Pidgeot for a little while." I said, "I gotta get to Pallet town."

"Oh, sure, no problem." he said and called his bird Pokémon out. "Heeey Phil! How you doing?" I sighed and left the venue. The bird was waiting for me outside. I got on it and so did Fitz.

"Ok, Pidgeot, I need you to take me to Pallet Town real quick." I said and the bird took off at great speeds. Before I realised it I was flying above the town where I had to be. "Good job." I said, "Now drop me off here and return to Marc." The bird nodded and landed. Right after Fitz and I got off, it disappeared in the dark sky.

"Ok, Fitz, this is it. Pallet Town. Now we gotta find a place to stay the night, as I doubt Chief Johnson will be at the Police Station at this time of the day." I looked around and saw a motel. Without even thinking about it twice I headed there, with Fitz walking right behind me. Then I went to ask for a room and, bada-bing, bada-boom, the next morning I was out on the streets of Pallet Town, looking for the Police Station. It wasn't hard to find, and I was there in about no time. As I entered the building, I grabbed my badge and lit another cigarette.

I went straight to the information desk. "Excuse me, sir, may I help you?" the lady there said and I flashed my Badge. "Detective Nolan, Celadon City PD. I'm here to see Chief Johnson."

"Oh, she's in the briefing room, right that way." she said, and pointed towards a hallway. I put my badge back in my coat and walked to where the lady pointed at. Holding the cigarette in my right hand, I arrived at the room, paying little attention to those that were there.

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
Years
Layton

I stepped out the door of my one story home near the lake at the end of Pallet town, Stratus perched on my shoulder. Little fluffball always detested her pokeball.

It was a breezy day on the pallet town lakeside and a sea breeze wafted past, most people adored the sea breeze but all it did for me was remind me of fish and seaweed. I hate fish and seaweed.

After that nights festivities my mind was lost in a trance, the poor girl, quite young in age, was thinking of hitting on her but decided against it. Partly because it was impolite, mostly because within the hour she was found dead in the same way as her father. I tried not to follow in my own fathers footsteps and keep thoughts of the case out of my mind, but they kept seeping in.

Thats when the fickle hand of fate struck and I was assigned to the case along with a few other detectives. I was to report to the chief of police, Melody Johnson. Stratus smirked slightly to herself on my shoulder, it brought her ammusement to see my confusion, stupid fluffball could never understand.

As I arrived at the station I returned Stratus before going inside, she always got me in more trouble than I would normally like.

Mrs. Bethany Collins, the name popped into my head as I saw our chiefs secretary sitting at her desk. She had a fresh cup of coffee in her hand which i snatched and guzzled down.

"*Sigh*... Good morning Layton..." Bethany sighed.

I was doing my best to hide the burning pain the coffee had given me as it melted down my throat, I really hadn't thought that through too well. I sinply smiled for a minute than spoke.

"Why Bethany!" I said sarcastically.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you weren't happy to see me!"

"Well honestly Layton I don't often give the best reception to people who snatch my morning cup of coffee, now give me that!" Bethany snatched the mug off of me.

"Hey, hey, hey sorry, I was dying of the thirst..." I enjoyed toying with Bethany, mostly because she was so easy to toy with.

"*Sigh* Whatever Layton, now I assume theres a reason you're here..." Bethany assumed.

I brushed my silvery hair out of my eyes and spoke.

"I'm here to see Melody... its about the recent incident involving the matching decade murders, I've been assigned to the case." I explained, I was serious now, I'm very serious about my work, so no more funny bussiness when things get technical.

"Okay, number one, you are to call our chief by her title, chief Johnson..." Bethany began.

"But thats SO impersonal." I joked.

"Thats the point..." Bethany growled.

"Number two, she's in the briefing room right now, but a few of the other detectives have just arrived so I think she would appreciate if you waited a few mo... What are you doing?! Aren't you listening?!" Bethany cried as she saw I had my hand on the door and was about to go inside.

"Ummmm.... nope." I went inside and closed the door behind me hearing the cries of Bethany as I did.

And there she was, our chief of police sitting at the briefing table being baraged by introductions.

I waited as the others spoke and took the time to regard her.

Melody Johnson, thrity two years of age and dressed in her usual grey tank top and tight black jeans, her auburn hair as usual tied up in a bun. I sometimes wonder if we shop at the same store or something as I wear something similar in a grey striped dress shirt and baggy black jeans accompanied by my fathers old leather police jacket, so we wore similar clothes in that sense, more colour scheme than anything and obviously mine were of the mens variety but still. I waited for the other detectives to finish and sat at the chair across from Melody and kicked my feet up on the table leaning back as I did.

I enjoyed "trying" to rile Melody up but I seemed to only succeed half the time, I still tried though.

"So Mel, can I call you Mel? Of course I can, I've known you long enough surely, so Mel I hear theres a little job you have for me and these..." I regarded the other men in the room.

"*Ahem* fine gentlemen... I assume more are coming? Of course they are theres not nearly enough here..." I rambled and then smirked.

"So since everyones introducing, even though you already know, or at least I hope you do, my names Oresbourgh, Layton Daring Oresburgh."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Melody put down her mug looking up at a 28 year old man with brown hair and eyes "nice to meet you please take a seat and once everyone is here I'll explain what's going on and why you were called here" she said shaking his hand as another man entered the room.

This man looked to be a little older than herself his hair dark brown but what stood out about him where his blue eyes and the scar on his face. From his tone she could tell he didn't want to be here. "nice to meet you, I'm chief Johnson" she said nodding to him as she sipped her coffee. "I'll make one thing clear to you sir" she said looking at Samuel "while you are here your under my command and if you do not wish to be here then go home. You big city cops always think poorly of smaller police forces. But I run a serious force like my father did before me" she said crossing her arms as another man entered also with brown hair.

"no smoking inside the building, what is your name?" she asked as she heard Bethany making a fuss outside. Melody sighed that could only mean one thing. Layton was coming. Sure enough not a moment later the familiar 21 year old entered the room calling her Mel and putting his feet on the table. "Layton feet off the table, and remember I'm new as chief so you can't call me Mel anymore it has to be Chief Johnson" she said finishing her coffee before standing and looking at the men in the room.

"I'll go ahead and start my explanation then" she said looking at the board. "ten years ago I helped investigate the first case. My father and I as well as a few other officers where at the party as security when the power suddenly went out. There were a few screams and when the light's came back on Mr. Parker was dead and seven people were missing. Now ten years later it was repeated with Mr. Parker's daughter being killed and seven people turning up missing." she said. "the crimes are identical, and not much evidence was found the first time, now I know in the city meeting with me would mean we are out of options. Here it does not. Before my father died not long ago leaving me as chief he told me that if anything like what happened ten years ago happened again I was to contact other departments throughout Kanto and have people sent down here most of whom have only heard about the murders, to go over the house again and the town to find evidence" she said looking at them.

"I'm just going to say this once If you don't want to be here leave, if your not going to take my Police force seriously then leave, if your just going to goof off then leave. But if your going to take everything seriously then stay."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jon sat down after he greeted the chief and watched as three other individuals filed into the room. He immediately felt a bad air around them, and he soon found out that his prediction was right. The first was Samuel Viscienti. The man sounded like he would rather be out on the streets than stuck in this room. The second was a man with a cigarrete, and apparently felt like he didn't need to introduce himself to anyone in the room. The third was someone who apparently knew the chief named Layton. The guy acted like the typical trouble maker who always riled up the chief. Jon knew a cop like that back at Vermillion.

As the chief greeted all of the detectives Jon saw her straighten her backbone. Sure the force might not be up to par with what he was usually used to, but the chief almost reminded him of his old chief, a man who was so strict he would dismiss officers from a meeting if they even so much as made a joke. For first impressions, Jon was slightly impressed. In a place like Pallet he would have thought she would have been the type to ask in soft sweet voice. As the chief went though the details, which were barely any she layed down the objective, to find any evidence, if there was any.

Based solely on what he had heard it sounded like the killer knew police protocol and forensic investigation. How could one man or even a team gather up certain people and kill them or put them somewhere without alerting one cop or even leaving one tiny fabric of evidence? In most of the cases he had worked there was always a piece or two of evidence the killer had forgotten to bag. But not leaving anything in multiple rooms and in a short time period? These guys, or guy, had to be good. Well this would be a case that would look good on his record, and besides this was his town now. He couldn't let a killer run amok. As the chief laid down her ultimatium Jon nodded, he would stay and be the damn best detective on this case.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I sat down and was about to blow some more smoke when the woman who introduced herself as Chief Johnson told me not to smoke in the building. "Fine..." I growled and put out the cigarette, obviously unwilling to do that. But, hey, I was there for a challenge, and if those were the rules, I was gonna play by them. Then she asked what my name was.

"Name's Philip Nolan, Celadon City PD." I said, and took out a coin from one of my pockets. I started to flip it repeatedly, like I did every time I wanted to smoke but wasn't allowed to for the time being. Then Chief Johnson talked more about the crime I was to investigate, and after that I heard her say something like "I'm just going to say this once If you don't want to be here leave, if your not going to take my Police force seriously then leave, if your just going to goof off then leave. But if your going to take everything seriously then stay."

"I'm in." I said, still flipping my coin. "Sounds like a challenge..." It did sound like a challenge. Well, at least it was more challenging than keeping the streets of Celadon clean, and I was able to do that with my eyes closed and my arms and legs all tied up.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Sam scowled. He glared at the chief.

"Listen to me now, Chief. You say we big city cops always think poorly of you small town officers? Heh, you may be on to something. But yet you also had to call in a big city cop to handle the one crime you've likely had all year. I don't know or care how you run things, but if you have to rely on your father's reputation to keep things going well, then you won't make it very long. I'll stay and do my job, like I'm supposed to, but I will not be patronised. So you can stop acting all high and mighty to me, and to every other big city cop in this room. Especially because you can't cut it on your own," Sam said. He had a stony, blank look on his face. Rosco growled and Sam pet the Houndoom's head with a slight smile. He glanced back at Chief Johnson to hear her response. Hah, it was just like someone like her, to ask for help and in the same breath put down the very people she was asking for help from.

"Very well then, Chief Johnson. Where would you like me to begin?" Sam said, still with that same stony expression on his face. He was putting extra emphasis on the word chief, just because he knew it would make her mad.

Back