• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lugia or Ho-oh?

Lugia or Ho-oh?

• Lugia

Votes: 120 69.4%
  • Ho-oh

Votes: 53 30.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowed Team

Kanto/Johto Pokémon Master
Years
The majestic psychic/flying Lugia or the fanatical fire/flying Ho-oh? Which pokemon wins your heart more?

drarixio

Charging up since '89
Years
I'd go for Lugia. Even though it's not my kinda Pokémon, it strikes me better than Ho-oh in battles. Strong Psychic moves and a devastating Aeroblast can take on Bruno whole team and Lance's too if you teach it Ice Beam (like me).
Anywayz, the first time I used Ho-oh was when I had Typhlosion and an EV trained, great nature, Pidgeot.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2021
Lugia imo he was just god like, and a little nostalgia of me getting her before I got a Ho Ho doesn't hurt.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Ho-oh's typing and design have always been really off-putting for me. Even its name has always struck me as being slightly weird. Lugia, though far from perfect, has a cool typing (despite its prevalence to congregate towards water), a nicer design, better stats and movepool... yeah. It might be 'overrated' but I'd definitely choose it over Ho-oh.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm positive most people prefer Ho-oh but Lugia is much more appealing to me, I do like Ho-oh I just prefer Lugia over.

Shadowed Team

Years
I would rather Lugia. Its awesome and its Aeroblast is just super-powerful. Ho-oh is awesome too, but Lugia wins it for me.

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2012
Lugia for the WIN! Come on... master of Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres over master of Entei/Raikou/Suicune. And Lugia is just THAT MUCH COOLER! (Ho-oh is just too hot :P) ANDDD, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres were like... THE ORIGINALS.
Anyway, Darkrai 16 out.

jammi567

I realise the Ho-oh has a crippling 4x weakness to Rock type moves, but I just prefer it over Lugia. Maybe it's just personal bias, since I played Pokemon Gold tons before I touched Silver.

That sounded so wrong.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Ho-oh over Lugia because I prefer all out attacking as opposed to defending (Lugia is defensive while Ho-oh is offensive). Also, Ho-oh is more colorful.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Lugia for me. Silver was the first game I got, but I got it because I had preferred the look of Lugia, and I'll also admit to preferring its typing. After using it a lot in my team in GSC as well, partly as a duo surfer/flyer it's still my favourite out of the two.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Lugia. Since Soul Silver/Silver were my preferred games over Heart Gold/Gold, and because Lugia doesn't have any 4x weakness.

Plus XD001 Lugia looked epic in XD Gale of Darkness and Aeroblast is an awesome attack :)

Shadowed Team

Years
Most people would prefer Lugia, but Ho-oh is still an awesome Pokemon, despite it being legendary. People would only like Lugia for its looks, because Ho-oh and Lugia are just as powerful as each other.

Years
I'm surprised it's not at least 75/25 Lugia.

Anyway, yeah. I pick Lugia. Especially since he helps so much through the Elite Four.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I say Lugia. Lugia is cool with it's colours and body parts. I also love Water-type moves so they are the reasons why I chose Lugia. Lugia has also cool name.

Years
Yeah... real cool name...

HOCK A LUGIA.

And also, I find it sort of weird you say you like his body parts..

BUT I AGREE. Lugia > Ho-Oh

Escala

Seeker The Absol Master
Years
Ho-oh or Lugia?

I have to say i like Lugia more then Ho-oh. To me it looks as if pokemon has become a rush... meaning by that it feels and looks as if they are rushing out to get new games and with that they rush to make new pokemon with this said i think Ho-oh looks as if he belongs in the newer games where the design of the Pokemon itself... not the stats just the look... appears to be lame. Plus i prefer Lugia's Shiny over Ho-oh considering I'm a shiny maker. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back