• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4 things people who are getting to know you need to know about you

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
List four important things about yourself that people getting to know you should keep in mind as they get to know you. These things shouldn't be things like "My favorite color is green" but more along the lines of what I'll list below as my own.

Four things people should know about me as they get to know me.
1. I'm sarcastic and have a pretty dark, yet dry, sense of humor. I'll make inappropriate jokes or remarks that aren't meant to be taken seriously. It's just what I do, and it's something that I'm unapologetic about. If someone takes offense to something I say, my response is almost always "Lighten up, it was a joke."
2. I reserve judgment. It takes a lot for me to judge somebody, even under very serious circumstances. I'll make remarks and observations, but don't treat them as my passing judgments. So if you want to get to know me and are worried about what I think, what I think doesn't leave much of an impression.
3. I use a lot literary devices in every day conversation to convey a point, make a suggestion, or crack a joke. Don't take what I say too seriously.
4. I'm actually really laid back and go-with-the-flow. I don't make a big deal out of things, and I don't take things seriously. Even to the point of taking things that should be serious unusually lightly.

So those are four things that I think people who are getting to know me should know as they get to know me. What are yours?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
1. I'm not exceptionally clingy, but when I need someone to talk to, I really do. I try not to be overly emotionally or physically attached to new (or usual) people, but when I get really anxious and need someone to talk to I try to passively seek out anyone who will listen. Of course, after I spill that bucket of water I'll feel really, really bad about expecting someone, especially a new friend or interest, to have to hold on to all my problems.

2. I'm boring to talk to at first, but once I'm comfortable with you, I'm comfortable. I really hate talking to people for the first time because I'm so uneasy and awkward with everything I say, but as I get to know someone I can tell what's safe to say or do and what isn't so it's easier to be around them. And you'll know when that time comes because I'll be cracking jokes or whatever far more often than I ever did in the first five minutes of knowing me. I actually can get to be a bit much at that point. :b

3. I take everything literal but everything I say is sarcastic. At first, I will take absolutely everything is literal and serious (until I know you well enough to know when you're not serious) but 99% of the stuff I say is sarcastic and not meant to be taken seriously. It's really easy to tell when I'm being sarcastic, though, so that shouldn't be a problem but I'm very sensitive in return, which is a bad combination, so I won't be able to tell. Ever. Well, not ever, as eventually I'd get used to it.

4. I'm messy in an organized way. I like to keep things organized, but if somehow they become disorganized (like my bedroom) I would like to keep things looking a certain way that it's obviously messy to the eye of someone that keeps things super tidy, but that it's not too obstructive. It's hard to explain, but I have a really weird way of organizing things, basically. I'm not perfect in that way, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
1. I don't do phone calls. Always was awkward during one, always will be. Wanna be friends but don't feel like seeing me a lot? Fine, just know that our conversations during those few times will be pretty damn long. So do try to make an effort to see me more then once a week.
2. I take friendship very seriously. The above might not make it seem so, but I do. A friend for me is someone I can share anything with, be it a few words or a beer. I'm not saying "best buds you remember that one time involving a goat" territory is a requirement, nor does it pass along to everyone, but I strive for that with everyone. So I might be a bit too much.
3. Don't cross my damn boundaries. Unless you want something broken, just don't. My current friends learned that the hard way.
4. I don't trust a lot of people to be best buds, but god damn it do I not have a problem if we become drinking buds. Hell, if you can become my favorite drinking bud, you're probably on the home stretch to being my best bud. Congrats!

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
Years
1. I'm quiet at first, talk to me. Save the basics, unless we have something in common, I am a horrid conversationalist. I can answer questions pretty well though, haha. Once I get warmed up to you, I'll make a humorous comment here and there, until...
2. You get to know me better, I'm a maniac. No sugar coating it. I laugh at some things that aren't that funny, and I'll laugh until I start to cry. The only way I can explain me is imagine an eight year old on a sugar rush. Then imagine that sugar rush never ending. Now you have me.
3. I love to argue. I will argue over little things, because I like to argue. If you wanna be friends with me, you can't get mad at me when I argue. I'm not mad at you, before, during, or after, I just like to argue, haha.
4. No, I will not untuck my shirt. If you ask me to untuck my shirt, I'll get ticked, and think I'm embarrassing you. If you tell me to untuck my shirt, I'll slug ya. I don't understand why it bothers people that my shirt is tucked in. I mean, girls can wear shirts that are three sizes too small, and guys can walk around with their pants half off, but it's weird that I tuck my shirt in? I hate society.

Years
1. I have confidence issues. I suffer from inferiority complex often around people.
2. I'm a sensitive person. What you say might actually affect me deeply enough for me to keep thinking about it for days on end.
3. I'm an avid anime/manga fan. Stay away if you don't wanna befriend an otaku.
4. I'm a perv. :p

Years
I don't think there's anything people /should/ get to know about me :P Maybe I'm a little pervy and that might be slightly alienating. I think I disappoint myself more than I do other people, really. Anyways, that's relating to the thread by talking about how I don't really relate to the subject for you!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
1. I am incredibly shy and nervous around people I don't know and I'm not a fan of social gatherings.
2. I love everything related to computers and programming. Is that what you call a geek?
3. I may be a little pervy sometimes. But if I don't know you, I'll never make these kind of jokes.
4. My trust is hard to gain and once you lose it, you'll never get it back and I'm kinda revengeful. Also I'm a quiet demon so pushing me to the edge would be really bad for you unless you don't mind losing some teeth or some broken ribs

Years
Here's the four things you need to know about me:
  1. I don't mind having long conversations, just keep the topic entertaining and I shall talk with you a lot
  2. I'm a huge sucker for anything cute, adorable or hilarious, as evidenced by what you see me post or reblog on my Tumblr page
  3. Most of the avatars I use here are custom-made or cropped by myself. I even made an avatar for a member I bonded with for a while who I barely see here anymore.
  4. I usually have trouble withstanding humid conditions, especially in summer

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
1. I kid around a lot despite of whatever prevailing circumstances. It helps me avert my social awkwardness. If you respond in a way that I presume to be negative in regard to me, I will leave you alone and will never strike a conversation with you again, unless it is you who initiates it.

2. If I like you, I like you. It is up to you whether you would like me in return.

3. I'll spurt out random opinions in the most inopportune moments.

4. I like to talk dirty.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
1. I don't have much patience for attention or sympathy seeking tactics, whether they be overt or manipulative. I can sense them a mile away and they only serve to provide the opposite reaction to what you were hoping for.

2. I can't stand repetition. If you're going to tell me the same stories over and over again or whine about the same problems more than twice in a row, I've already lost interest and would just prefer to sit in silence playing our DS's.

3. Like Elendil, I don't do phone calls. I'm an awkward phone talker and I produce a lot of dead air because I don't know what to say to someone when I can't see their face. I always have my phone on me, so if you need me, text me.

4. I would rather talk to you than look at the videos you find hilarious from YouTube on your phone.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
1. I will likely never tell you I love you in any manner.

2. I am very hard to hang out with, because I will always find a way to avoid going out somewhere.

3. I don't like change.

4. I'm not as mean or strict as these facts make me out to be.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
1) I do not like social gatherings.

2) Never, in my life, will I ever say I love you. Ever.

3) I'm very sarcastic.

4) If you start talking to me about sports, I automatically tune out.

Yeah, these make me seem like I'm a really depressed person. Which, isn't entirely false, until you really get to know me. Then you realize I just don't like showing any kind of emotion.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
  • I am socially awkward in real life. And sometimes it shows online, too. I don't really know how "socializing" works, in all honesty. I can't talk to people I've never met before because I'm too shy; I usually just wait for them to approach me instead.
  • I love being in the center of attention. I don't want to sound vain, but it's true. I love it when the spotlight is on me, and only me. It makes me feel that I'm special, like everyone likes me.
  • It's pretty hard to gain my trust, especially if you're a friendly person. Friendly people, as the name suggests, have a lot of friends, therefore if I tell you something personal and one day we suddenly hate each other, you're going to tell each and every one of your friends about my dirty little secret. But that doesn't mean I don't like friendly people, though.
  • I lie a lot. And I mean a lot.

Charcoal92

Banned
Years
Okay here it goes.

1: Against Mr./Mrs. Know it alls-these people drive me nuts if you are one stay away!

2: I might sound like a total jerk, but I'm very loyal ally. Who will back you up.

3: Do not be annoying per se. I've seen enough members here and there on forums who I dislike for being annoying... Some are on here. /:)

4: I'm not fond of southern aka Redneck lifestyles. Please don't talk about hunting,NASCAR or any of that stuff. It's a "killswitch". And a noob move.

Last edited:

TY

1. I am tremendously silly and barely serious, except when it either isnt acceptable to be silly at the time or when i feel crap.

2. Gaining my full trust is near impossible cause of some certain stuff that happened in my life.

3. I am a huge RTS-fan, maybe even a fanboy xD
I just like those games way too much.

4. Though its hard to gain my full trust, im incredebly friendly and love to talk.

Poki

Banned
Years
1. I'm a tsundere.

2. I'm really patient, so don't **** it up, or else you'd have to deal with my bad side, which I rarely show.

3. I am sarcastic. Very sarcastic. Beware.

4. I lose my **** whenever a supposedly ''best friend'' of mine betrays me. I am a really vengeful person, so they'll have to deal with my plotting and scheming for a looong time, 'til they have to beg me to stop.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
1. I am not very social

2. I dislike not knowing 3 days before something happens

3. I hate people who dis something before even trying it.

4. I love Sonic the hedgehog

Back