• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Argentite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
[RMXP] Pokémon Argentite

aglogo.png

Software used: RPG Maker XP
Project founder(s): Afti

mftrain.png

headingintroduction.png

This is Pokémon Argentite, and it's rather atypical...

Y'see, the plot is weightier then "OH NO BAD MEN STOP BAD MEN", or the ludicrous "OH NO BAD MEN STOP BAD MEN OH WAIT THESE ARE BAD MEN NO THE OTHER GUYS NO THE OTHER GUYS NO THE OTHER GUYS NO THE OTHER GUYS \PN I AM YOUR FATHER AND NOW I DIE BLOOD BLOOD AND THEN THE WORLD ENDS OR DOES IT" Titanium had. (That? Not an exaggeration. That is an accurate summary of the plot of Titanium. The fact that that game lasted two years with a following is depressing.) The "stop Czarsatz from dying" aspect ends about half an hour in, if you're taking your time, and then you're left with something very different, as the dying landscape that is the Aleya region continues to fall apart around you, and you set out to define WHAT Czarsatz is. But, anyway, beyond that, this is a very hard game! As in "bonecrushing difficulty why does the first Gym leader have a Rhyperior" hard. Okay, there are no Rhyperiors in the first Gym. It's a fair game! (Well, unless you're the kind of masochist who actually PLAYS Insane.) No Rhyperior until you could get a Pokémon of that caliber. But opponents aren't nearly so easy, and you'll need to keep up a good team and play matches well; you won't be seeing, say, two or three level 10 Geodudes. You'll be seeing an actual team, and not a bad one. This is a game which takes itself very seriously, and is very hard. If you don't like rambling philosophy which I should hope would remain entertaining despite the fact that it's philosophy, go away. If you don't like a challenge in your gaming, go away.

Otherwise?

Welcome to the Aleya Region.

Warning! This thread may contain spoilers! If you want to remain totally unspoiled, don't click on the spoiler tags! Anything not within the first five minutes of gameplay will be within a spoiler tag for the main post!

headingfeatures.png

• 125 new Pokémon
  • 125 new moves
  • Original soundtrack
  • Six different Factions you can join after clearing the main story, all of which have their own benefits and drawbacks and exclusive sidequests
  • All new Aleya region
  • 400+ obtainable Pokémon
  • HGSS rips and custom pre-rendered tiles
  • Multiple difficulty modes

headingstaff.png

• Afti/Crazy Weavile (Story, Mapping, Moves/Abilites/Stats, some art, OW tiles, General)
  • Riceeman (Pokémon Art)
  • Medical Meccanica (Sprites)
  • Kam (Pokémon designs)

headingstory.png

30 years ago, in Fortbay Pokémon Laboratory, an outpost in the largely fruitless Aleya region...

A god was born.

Czarsatz is born from man. It is the sum of all our technology; it exists in each electronic device connected even peripherally to the Internet, and in itself. Its power is immense.

For a short time, it remained with the researchers, and they benefited from its aid, as an intellect keener than any other came to work with them.

And its power manifested physically as well, summoning greenery to Fortbay Town, and with it people. But, Czarsatz drew the attention of men with evil hearts. Its power could be their power...

And so they attacked. Czarsatz disabled them quickly enough, but its friends and allies among the humans were hurt, and some killed. So, it fled to a cave in the Aleya Desert, an endless land of hot, dry sands, where none could find it...

But, now, Czarsatz has returned to Fortbay. Injured. Someone is hunting it...

And, if it dies, what will happen to the things it's become a part of? Power grids, water grids... All gone...

But that's nothing compared to the similar bond formed with the entire Aleya region.

If Czarsatz dies, everything will end...

But even when it's saved... what is it? A god? Manufactured? Or simply a puppet of a complex instruction set? Or something else?

Where did this nigh-omnipotent being come from? Us?

Or something else?

headingpokemon.png

Spoiler:

Pokémon with cross-generational evolutions:

• Larvanma -> Yanma -> Yanmega
  • Skitten -> Skitty -> Delcatty
  • Minippo -> Hippopotas -> Hippowdon
  • Sandshrew -> Sandslash -> Sandsteel
  • Phanpy -> Donphan -> Elepharmor
  • Barboach -> Whiscash -> Fishquake
  • Corphish -> Crawdaunt -> Cormash
  • Stunky -> Skuntank -> Skunkill
  • Seel -> Dewgong -> Winteal
  • Surskit -> Masquerain -> Helmerain
  • Shinx -> Luxio -> Luxray OR Luminife
  • Buizel -> Floatzel -> Weazwim
  • Carnivine-> Huntivine
  • Tropius -> Tropiair
  • Scorupi -> Drapion -> Scorpit
  • Absol -> Archabsol
  • Stantler -> Antlice
  • Spinda -> Pandango
  • Dunsparce -> Drilsparce
  • Ponyta -> Rapidash -> Pegagale

Aleya-Kanto-Johto Multiregional Expanded Pokédex (AKJ multinational dex):

Spoiler:

headingfactions.png
Once in a faction, you can do that faction's sidequests and random quests to increase your standing within it, which opens new sidequests and provides prizes. Wanderers instead have Karma, going from -25 to +25, which is altered by their deeds and determines which factions they will be allowed to enter.

New faction list complete; not to be revealed yet

headingaleya.png

The Aleya region is a large area directly north of Kanto and Johto. Its terrain is unusual in its hostility; large chunks are nigh-uninhabitable deserts, swamps, and frozen tundra; what's left is frequently too rugged for agriculture. Thus, compared to neighboring regions, its wild Pokémon are very different.

aleyaroads.png

Cities:

Spoiler:

HMs:
01: Cut
02: Fly
03: Surf
04: Strength
05: Heat Wave
06: Rock Smash
07: Waterfall
08: Rock Climb

The field effect of Heat Wave is to ignite felled logs, or melt thick snow or ice.

headingscreenshots.png

Spoiler:

headingcredits.png

Poccil for the Starter Kit, Fangking for the placeholder elements of the tileset.

The staff for their noted contributions.

You for reading through this entire post. If you skipped to the bottom, disregard this last message.

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Well i'll be the first to post... Your maps are okay but need some work... You got a huge pokedex which i'm not really sure at this point is possible for you. Your tilesets are horrible that grass is way too green, it clashes with the buildings... I only looked at 3 maps but its all I actually could look at there just not visually appealing...

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
Don't worry about it clashing with buildings- they're all to be replaced.

The important thing is that it works well with the new trees/tall grass/paths. Old things are solely placeholders!

The huge 'dex is somewhat akin to the Johto 'dex; you're not expected to fill it during the main game. It contains things you won't be seeing at all, let alone catching. That is the (almost; I have a few tricks up my sleeve) list of EVERYTHING you'll be able to encounter.

GalacticWarriorX

The Traveling Pokemon Artist
Years
A lot of Pokemon. That should take some work : )
But anyways, I like your idea. I agree, the screenshots do need work, but very nice plotline.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
fortbay3.png

New water. Nothing special, just water. I HAD something nifty set up with it, but RMXP hates transparent animated autotiles; it looked great in the editor, but ingame the tiles below were either sitting on top or invisible. Mostly the latter.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
im a good mapper and plot devoloper and i have good patience i also have tons of indexed sinnoh sprites.
i will need the tools you are using though

im a good mapper and plot devoloper and i have good patience i also have tons of indexed sinnoh sprites.
i will need the tools you are using though

sry about the double post my mac does that sometimes
thats why i have a windows seven laptop

Last edited:

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
No need! Besides, saying "I'M GOOD AT THIS HONEST" is meaningless without examples.

This is how NOT to get a job.

I need spriters and artists. Competent ones! Basically everything else I have under control.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
I know about that; I specifically chose to have that behave that way.

Other then that, I'll probably lighten and desaturate the grass a little.

route503.png

New, lighter grass.

Also, just implemented Trick Room. Whee.

Hint: Don't waste time on changing the movement order manually, just apply speed=-(speed) while Trick Room is active. Simple and elegant.

Last edited:

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
Ah..
The fact that the buildings are going to be replaced does not change the fact that the grass hurts mah eyes. It's wayyyyy to green. Grass needs to have the perfect mix of greens and yellows.
Woops didn't see the above post.
That looks a lot better, a bit more yellow would mellow it down a bit.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
I think you need to turn the saturation on your grass way down. Right now it looks like plastic. Also, thread-wise, you might want to put the pokedex lists in spoiler tags so that people don't have to go through the entire thing if they don't want to. Other than that, it looks like you have an ambitious project in the making. Good luck!

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
scrollingregionmap.png

This doesn't look impressive, being offcenter and having only placeholder text.

But what it is is a fully functional scrolling region map; the art is currently offcenter, not the scrolling. The map scrolls the way it does in HG/SS, allowing for essentially limitless horizontal space. I'm debating a public release of it; I do worry that we'll have lots of idiots making terrible games involving huge, long lines of regions because "hey look i can copy/paste PokemonRegionMap", through...

Syllyra

Pokémon Underground: Surfacing
Years
I like the graphics of both ingame and the map.

Just wondering as i'm new to this forum:
Did you make that region map with paint or similar programs or with a program that has all elements of a pokemon region map in it?

If it's the latter, please pm me a download link of it.

But I expect great things of this game (positively)

Syllyra

Pokémon Underground: Surfacing
Years
Then I have to say: nice job on the map.

Also, what you say about the region map tileset is pretty obvious.
I feel almost ashamed not seeing that particular point :P

P.S. Look at your pm inbox in about 5 minutes of this being post :P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back