• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First shiny

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2013
I was just playing heartgold and ran into a shiny Rattata. I was super excited for a second then I realized that I just started the game (just bought it at a new game store here) and hadn't made it to see Mr. Pokemon yet and back so I didn't have any pokeballs. I was so mad. I think I saw a shiny zubat once but im not 100%. So this was my first shiny and I couldnt catch it. What was yalls first experience like?

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
Years
I was playing Crystal a long time ago, I had gone to the day care man. At the time, I had Quilava, Pidgeotto, Rattata, and a Metapod. Of course, I was about seven at the time, and still didn't really know what the characters were saying.

All I knew at the time was 'Yes' usually meant I got something *child-like innocence, never fails :P * good. I said yes and accepted an Odd Egg. Confused as to why I couldn't battle with it, I asked my older brother, who COULD actually understand, and said I should wait.

Sure enough, the Odd Egg hatched, and I was gifted a shiny Pichu with Dizzy punch. Note that from Gen I, Raichu was my favorite Pokemon, and when I was told that Pichu was the Pokemon before Pikachu, I was ecstatic.

From there, I have met THE RED GYRADOS! Fire-Red/Leaf-Green I saw a Shiny Tangela, and a shiny Chansey. For Sapphire, I encountered shiny Kyogre *on the first try, can you believe it?!*

Last edited:
Years
My first ever shiny to be encountered (and caught!) was a Duskull back when I was playing Ruby. She's female with a Serious nature and still stays in the PC today.

Elixir.

Fly Away
Years
I caught a shiny Spearow back in Fire Red. I thought it was a glitch and almost ran from it before my little brother told me that it was extremely rare. I then caught it and used it on my main team.

Sirfetch’d

My first shiny other than the red Gyarados was a little shiny Sunkern. It wasn't the best shiny, but I was very proud of it and used it on my team =]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
My first shiny was a green Teddiursa in Gen II, but I had no idea that it was shiny until a year or so later haha. I caught it not noticing the green colouring and stored it in my PC, then when it came time to transfer Pokémon to Crystal I noticed the colouring and wondered what on earth was going on. I googled it, then sure enough found out it was my very first shiny Pokémon (bar Gyarados!). It's possible I found more beforehand without knowing, but that's the first I remember.

216.gif

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I saw a shiny Zigzagoon on Emerald before I had pokéballs, and that's my only random shiny encounter :(

I do have a shiny Ralts that I RNG'd on Platinum (just for "shinyness", I'm not a competitive battler so I don't really care about IVs all that much). I'm actually using a clone of it for my Ultimate Solo Challenge :P I absolutely love the color scheme on a shiny ralts. The light blue and orange looks so good :D

Altair1

Willpower
Years
First experience was the shiny blue Electrike I caught in either Pokemon Ruby or Emerald, can't remember which. I had no idea about shinies, my friend was playing his Pokemon game next to me and freaked out haha! Lucky he told me what it was, I wouldn't have known what to do... ;P

It's long gone however.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Oh, my first ever shiny was this guy

shinynincadacaptured_zps8a6370d5.png

And he turned into these guys xD

nincadaevolvedintoNinjask_zps768ac757.png

nincadahasashedinjatoo_zps4b439fe0.png

I ran into it as I was doing my Emerald Bug Monotype run xD I already had a Nincada, but wanted one to use as an HM slave. So I casually walk into the tall grass and the first encounter is with this little shiny guy xD
Needless to say, I was in awe. I eventually caught it and used it on my team ^-^

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
My first shiny was a blue Boldore I caught in Victory Road on Black. I had no idea what it was until my friend explained it to me once he stopped screaming. I caught it , evolved it into a Gigalith, and trained it up to help me take down the elite four. I used it for a while for competitive battling in local tournaments, but I no longer use it because it wasn't EV trained. I still have it and it's my favorite shiny.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Well, I would say that my first shiny was red Gyarados(?)
But, In the wild. Which was the same game was a Golbat. This was in Pokemon Silver.
T'was on victory road & all i had was a master ball. I knew it was different and had no idea at the time what shinies were. But when i looked in my ball pack and seen that all i had was the MBall. I was forced to run.

Since then, The only shinys i have seen were in ROMs unfortunately. {XD}

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
For whatever reason, I get shiny Rattatas a lot. I've had one in several games. I don't mind, because I like Raticate. I think other than that, the only shiny I've had is the red Gyrados.

I would love to get a shiny legendary or starter, though. I tried soft-resetting half-heartedly once before I got bored & gave up.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
If we don't count gyrados I say
Silver rattatta and red graveler in the original gold
Also had a shiny lilipup in white 2 always got my shiny Charizard from trades or AR codes

TY

First shiny was a Zubat in Sapphire... In Victory road aswell... First thought: MY GOD THAT THING IS HACKED!!!

Years
My first that I know of was my shiny Audino in Black 2, which I sometimes keep in my party when I'm traveling but it won't be used for battling. Then today I found a shiny Wingull on my Platinum game, which I caught but it's staying in my PC. I wish I could remember whether I encountered any in the past since I've been playing the games for nearly my whole life, but in the past few years these are the only encounters I know of.

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Dat Ghastly on Mt. Coronet. My first Pokemon game: Platinum. I waz like, dafuq dis ting is blue?!

Back