• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tara14241

Only talent: Geekiness
Years
I have no idea what I'm getting into, as I'm a n00b rom hacker, however, I know I can't do this myself, so I'm calling out for help. Ok, for everyone to understand, here's what I'm planning:

Pokemon:
[unknown as of yet] Version

Details:

Plot: still am working on it.

Hack of: Not quite a hack as it has elements of every pokemon game generation and then some.

Features:

- All 386 pokemon, plus perhaps 50-100 made up pokemon are catchable
- Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and a made up league all explorable
- Perhaps a new way of catching pokemon
- You get to choose between being a boy and girl
- Revamped versions of Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn
- in-game clock

Ok, I am seriously committed to this and I'll be working on the story a bit and add it in when I feel it's complete, but I would only release only a part of the story and only those working on the project will know everything.

I have no idea how to actually hack a game or put stuff into the rom or anything, but I'm willing to learn and I don't really want to go through tons of threads to find a solution and stuff, so if anyone's willing to give me pointers, that's cool.

Ok, I'm open for all staff positions and I've had experience spriting, however, one person can't do everything and I'm thinking about making the maps and I know I'll make a database on pokemon to show where/how you get them and I can do the image work, however, I need a person to put everything into the rom and people to work with the scripting, spriting and everything that needs done. I also need people to help with the making/naming of pokemon too.

So this is the point when I post the thread and see what happens. I'm open for questions, comments, and concerns, but no complaints. I hope this isn't the same idea someone else has, but the "unknown" league only two people know of, so I doubt I could be copying someone.

SailorCosmos

Moonlight Real Girl
Years
Umm.... I don't think that can be done... Espceilly since you're new. Trust me I'm a N00b at Rom Hacking, and it ain't easy.

But Good Luck!!!!

Edit:

There isn't enough space in a Pokemon Rom to do all that... I think....

jc_rcw

:God:
Years
Well thats nice but you need to post some screens or the story or it will get closed, good luck.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
Sailor Cosmos, is actually completely right. There is not enough room to do all of that.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
I don't think you actually can either. BTW, not to be rude, but did you say what it was a hack of?

Tara14241

Years
I'll look into it, but I'm still at least gonna still be working on the new league until I get either answer. If it's a no, then I'm gonna at least make it revolving around the new league.

And I didn't say it was really a hack of anything, just pretty much elements from every generation of pokemon games mixed and adding a bit of originality into the pot...sadly

SailorCosmos

Moonlight Real Girl
Years
Let me just give you a couple of sugestions:

1. When starting a Project, always know what you're getting you're self into. Don't try to do hard things when you aren't skilled enough.

2. Try easy projects, so that you learn. If you learnd enough then try doing challening projects.

3. When hacking a Rom always know it's limits and boundaries.

Also if this isn't a hack, then don't post it here. Also don't post a project when you don't have a story or screenshots...

Just suggestions....

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
This is only possible when making a game from scratch. I suggest doing a simple gold hack since this is impossible(sp?).

jc_rcw

:God:
Years
Maybe some one could tell her what the biggest rom is and then you might want to discuss it.I think the biggest rom is emerald but I don't know.

Tara14241

Years
I'm not too fond of the first two generations of games; sure they were great in their time, but I think that they're a bit outdated nowadays. Sure, I loved playing s/g/c, but I think that it might be time doing something a bit more original and if you think that this shouldn't be here, then where and not to seem rude, but think of this: a lot of amazing things were done when people claimed it was impossible and I'm working on some maps and stuff right now, so I'll post it before the day's through.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
If it is not a hack then it should be moved. I don't even think Emerald, Fire red, or Leafgreen is big enough. If it is not a hack it should be moved to the game development section.

Tara14241

Years
Ok, here's the first sprite and it's rather crappy, but it's the first one, so please don't kill me! *hides under desk*

girl.gif

The heroine... will be working on the hero shortly. She is supposedly related to May from Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald.

SailorCosmos

Moonlight Real Girl
Years
It looks nice!

Don't feel bad XD I can't even a draw a stick figure lol

Anyways Good Luck with you're project...

Btw, what are you going to make it with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back