• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years

As far as I know, most people wanted a Medieval RP some time ago :P As of now, I'm making it, but it's going really slowly xD;;

But other than that, since I'm not very active nowadays, I'd very much like a slow moving RP. :D

There was a medieval Pokémon RP a few years ago, but sadly it died before we got very far. It was cool though - Pokémon were kept in runes iirc.

Also, would anyone be interested in a kinda... space pirates-come-Mass Effect Pokémon RP? I'd have to work out the logistics to incorporate Pokémon in a way that would attract role players, but I want to throw that idea out there so my efforts aren't wasted.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
hmm i have small question i have polplayed on many sites but i'm not quite sure how to start an rp here do i like send what i havee to the moderators of the forum or do i just post a thread and it gets approved?? i'm just wonderinf for future reference :3

First off, practice spelling or use a spellcheck for your posts ;) A ground rule here is to try your best when it comes to spelling and grammar, at least in roleplay posts. But if you're not spelling properly, people may believe you won't be a very good roleplayer, actually.

And if you're new to PokéCommunity's Roleplay Corner, then it's probably a good idea to try and join an existing roleplay before you start your own, to get a feeling for how we roleplay here.

But if you're sure that you want to start one of your own, you simply create the thread where you explain the backstory thoroughly, list some rules, add a rating and a sign up sheet of some kind... Post it and then you'll wait for the moderator (Skymin) to read it through, before you can view it in the forums. If it meets the qualifications set up in the RP Corner rules, you'll soon see your thread listed in a new post in this thread. If it's accepted, you're free to start making players join :3

Years
haha i usually do use spell check and such dont always correct it unless its roleplay post haha. my grammars just horrible cause i dont go to school and such i taught myself most of the grammar i know.
thank you i also have joined a few roleplays haha

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
On the topic of spelling and grammar, I recommend After The Deadline for a spellchecker, it's extremely advanced and very convenient to use, as it'll put a spell check button right in your browser that'll let you check spelling and grammar and even poor writing habits to a degree if you tell it to.

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
Well Disease Deoxys is very active right now! ^^ Some people are sick of RPing as Pokemon but I think it's fine~ You might be interested in this roleplay, Justin! Just saying~

Thanks, I was planning to join that RP, but I wasn't sure that I would be able to catch up with both RL and Rps. I hope I'll be able to join after I finish my main exams.

Oh, and about grammar. I do believe that most of the people in here don't like SUs with lots of grammar and spelling mistakes. Writing "cercustansas" instead of "circumstances", just like my classmate did, is a pain in a neck to both the GM and other RPers, you know.

Oh, and I believe I'm stating the obvious thing right now. :D

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
To be honest, Disease Deoxys seems pretty cluttered right now, but it's just until we get our OOC topic up and running :P
I'm pretty new to the forum (Not to RP though), and I'm having -loads- of fun. It's a brilliant setup and the RP'ers are great \o/

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Did someone say Mass Effect RP?? That might be pretty cool!

@Star_struck_baka Welcome to the RP Corner, btw!

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Yeah, I did. Obviously it wouldn't be exactly like Mass Effect to make it accessible to other players, but I could work in some 'alien' races, tensions and scenarios. There'd also be an element of space pirates too, as well as maybe a system like the Normandy.

Black Hawk

Char
Years
[SIZE="a"]Wolves. Dragons. Mythical creatures. I seriously think that kind of stuff would be fun! I made an rp about hetielia, paint it white. Interested? Well... It hasn't been approved yet.. Ha... Ha...[/SIZE]

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
I agree with the Disease Deoxys being really cluttered. I think that it is also because some of the roleplayers seem a bit on the noobier side, and are doing shorter posts that move things along much quicker. If the pace of the roleplay continues like this, it'll be done by the end of the month!

Quesiton related to this, which do you prefer? Faster moving roleplays with shorter posts, or longer roleplays that might take half a year to finish, but contains quality writing?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
[SIZE="a"]Wolves. Dragons. Mythical creatures. I seriously think that kind of stuff would be fun! I made an rp about hetielia, paint it white. Interested? Well... It hasn't been approved yet.. Ha... Ha...[/SIZE]
I've actually been thinking about making one of those on here... I've actually already made it on a different forum, but I might do it here too. I think it would be interesting how the same RP goes when it's on two different websites :P

I agree with the Disease Deoxys being really cluttered. I think that it is also because some of the roleplayers seem a bit on the noobier side, and are doing shorter posts that move things along much quicker. If the pace of the roleplay continues like this, it'll be done by the end of the month!

Quesiton related to this, which do you prefer? Faster moving roleplays with shorter posts, or longer roleplays that might take half a year to finish, but contains quality writing?
I prefer longer RPs, as it gives me more leisure time, what with school and all.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years

Ehh, sadly as a GM I have to agree with this. Also some of the roleplayers are kinda doing their own things instead of playing their roles, but whatever. We just started. Once the OOC comes up, I'm going to begin setting expectations. Hopefully then everything will move nicer and more organized.

Also to answer your great question, I like fast roleplays as long as everything makes sense and I can catch up with people. Any faster than that and I begin to get very irritated. Although I love good quality RPs, I dislike inactivity if even for a day. It would bug me if nothing got done every now and then. Another thing about long RPs is that when you see someone with a huge and fabulously written post, you might feel like you have to push yourself to be better. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing for everybody, of if anyone feels like that, but that's me.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
By the way, by now some of you have seen my critical editorial of Atlantis Rising in the Roleplay Library. I intend to do the same on other RPs. GMs, if you'd like your RP critiqued in this same purely comical way, feel free to send me a PM or VM saying so. Also, if you don't want me to do so for your RP, feel free to also let me know, so I can skip it over when I'm making my rounds. Remember, this is only for fun, and it is not meant to be hurtful in any way.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@SuperVegeta: Huh... o-o I have mixed feelings about whether or not to say yes to that. On one hand, there's so many roleplayers in PTA (28/32 slots are currently taken) that it would be hard to guarantee everyone would care for the joke.

That's not even getting started on the fact that everyone can have up to 3 characters. Right now we've got 40 "main" characters. No joke. That's not even including NPC OCs and the 2 new characters I haven't quite gotten to adding to the list. I'd feel like I might as well just break out the medieval torture device instead. |D

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I've gotta agree with Gray. I do prefer longer posts and great quality, but better quality and long posts doesn't neccesarily mean the RP has to be slow.
Granted, the RP in DD was moving just a wee bit too fast, but I think it's slowed down to a proper pace now.

I'd also hate it if I'm in an RP that only gets a couple of posts every second day. It's a question about taste, and how much time people devote or CAN devote to RP.

I'm not saying this is how it should be, but it's just how I prefer my RP to be. Good quality and moving at a semi-decent speed.

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
About the RP's pace, I prefer slow and steady RPs. When the RP goes in a fast pace, some people can't catch up, and later it can be a pain. But that doesn't mean that people should just sit and wait until the inactive one posts. What I mean is "quality over quantity". People tend to make lots of mistakes when rushing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
About the RP's pace, I prefer slow and steady RPs. When the RP goes in a fast pace, some people can't catch up, and later it can be a pain. But that doesn't mean that people should just sit and wait until the inactive one posts. What I mean is "quality over quantity". People tend to make lots of mistakes when rushing.

I agree with that, it's no fun to come online after only one day's absence and see several new pages with events that you got no chance to be part of.

But I don't like RPs where people won't bother to make a reply less often then once a week. They turn so eerie that people eventually can forget about them. And it dies. *goes to kick the players in Arcanum to life with a chainsaw or sumthin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back