• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Lavender Town- PokeConspiracies and Strange Tales Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
I saw Zayphora's comment on my latest story, Missing, where he mentioned a Lavender Town Club, and I was like "WHAAAAAAAAT?! THERE'S A LAVENDER TOWN CLUB?! WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS BEFORE?! So here I am.

Name: SeekerOfDarkness (A.k.a. Seeker, Ansem, w/e)
Pick a Pokemon from the list: Can we use Eevelutions? uhh How about 'M? Yet another glitch Pokemon.
What's you favorite creepy topic: I like the stuff that happens in game, with some mysterious backstory behind it.
Do you have a favorite character from a creepypasta?: Red, from "Glitchy Red". Also my favorite Creepypasta.

Anywho, I've never seen a good 5th Gen creepypasta. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a 5th Gen Creepypasta at all. Hm. Wonder why. Other than the girl at marvelous bridge, there's nothing too creepy in BW at all. (I don't have B2W2 yet, so idk about those games). Even the Pokemon Tower replacement (I forget what they called it) wasn't creepy at all, despite being a grave site for Pokemon. If you ask me, though, the best Creepypastas come from the first 2 gens. There's just so much someone can do with those games. I just don't think there's enough strangeness to use in succeeding gens for a good creepypasta. (Course, i shouldn't say that, as I have plans for a story about the old lady at Snowpoint.)

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Welcome, Seekerofdarkness.

I believe in lavender town syndrome, that "missing frequencies with the LEAVE NOW message", and that thing where they say red died and his ghost appears in Mt. silver.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
After about 2 weeks of watching this thread, I finally caved and decided to join.

Name: NecrumWarrior
Pick a pokemon from the list: Unknown (A)
What's your favorite Pokemon creepy topic?: Theories regarding what could have been, like the Cubone/Kangaskhan Theory.
Do you have a favorite character from a Pokemon Creepypasta?: Ghost from Pokemon Black Version (not 5th gen, the Hack)

I regards to the question of whether or not I have ever believed a Pasta, I'll admit that I actually believe the story of Pokemon Black. It just seems more believable than most Pastas I've read.

It seems to me that 5th gen is probably too new to get any good Pastas, and also it hasn't been hacked quite as much as the older generations, so the likely hood of strange things being added to the game are pretty slim, though I know not all Pastas are about hacks necessarily...

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I saw Zayphora's comment on my latest story, Missing, where he mentioned a Lavender Town Club, and I was like "WHAAAAAAAAT?! THERE'S A LAVENDER TOWN CLUB?! WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS BEFORE?! So here I am.

Name: SeekerOfDarkness (A.k.a. Seeker, Ansem, w/e)
Pick a Pokemon from the list: Can we use Eevelutions? uhh How about 'M? Yet another glitch Pokemon.
What's you favorite creepy topic: I like the stuff that happens in game, with some mysterious backstory behind it.
Do you have a favorite character from a creepypasta?: Red, from "Glitchy Red". Also my favorite Creepypasta.

Anywho, I've never seen a good 5th Gen creepypasta. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a 5th Gen Creepypasta at all. Hm. Wonder why. Other than the girl at marvelous bridge, there's nothing too creepy in BW at all. (I don't have B2W2 yet, so idk about those games). Even the Pokemon Tower replacement (I forget what they called it) wasn't creepy at all, despite being a grave site for Pokemon. If you ask me, though, the best Creepypastas come from the first 2 gens. There's just so much someone can do with those games. I just don't think there's enough strangeness to use in succeeding gens for a good creepypasta. (Course, i shouldn't say that, as I have plans for a story about the old lady at Snowpoint.)
You know, I'd have to disagree with you on that. There may not be any obviously creepy things around the region, in any areas or in the dialogue except for the thing with the girl at Marvelous Bridge, however all you need to do is take a look at the Pokedex entries for certain Pokemon, and you'll stumble upon some creepy or disturbing things, or in the very least, some things that don't really seem like they fit into Pokemon. To be honest, I think the fifth generation brought forth the most of these kind of entries of all the generations. I'll just list the ones I find the most disturbing below.

Litwick

Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns.

While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

Its flame is usually out, but it starts shining when it absorbs life force from people or Pokémon.

Lampent

This ominous Pokémon is feared. Through cities it wanders, searching for the spirits of the fallen.

It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body.

Chandelure

It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance.

Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.

Yamask

Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.

These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves. Each retains memories of its former life.

Cofagrigus

It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.

Grave robbers who mistake them for real coffins and get too close end up trapped inside their bodies.

Heatmor

Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides.

There are more, but these were just the ones I felt to be the most dark or unnatural for such bright games as Pokemon to include, and while some from earleir generations may have been worse, this generation sure had the most.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Agreed, Olli97. I also saw this on Memebase. Got some funny creepy Dex illustrations.

I was thinking about this yesterday- Another reason that 1st and 2nd Gen hog all the pasta is that they focus more on the fantasy aspect of Pokemon. 3rd, 4th, and 5th are more sci-fi oriented, what with Team Galactic, Opelucid, Black City, Akuroma, Deoxys...the list goes on. Fantasy seems more easily creepified in general.

By the way, have any of you guys read Door's Open? It's awesome. Very weird but quite interesting. It's based on Strangled Red. But it's got a twist at the end. A very nice one.

Not to say that there aren't ANY good 5th gen pastas out there. N's Rage is a great one. It's a hack-based pasta, but it's excellent. And if I could actually freaking FIND the Kcalb creepypasta, then I bet that would be great.

Oh, welcome, NecrumWarrior and SeekerOfDarkness! Hope you like it here. Seeker's pasta is really good, guys. You should read it.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I was thinking about this yesterday- Another reason that 1st and 2nd Gen hog all the pasta is that they focus more on the fantasy aspect of Pokemon. 3rd, 4th, and 5th are more sci-fi oriented, what with Team Galactic, Opelucid, Black City, Akuroma, Deoxys...the list goes on. Fantasy seems more easily creepified in general.
I think I gotta disagree with you there. Gen 1 had HEAVY sci-fi influence. So much of it was inspired by the theme of science, including genetic experimentation, the creation of a digital Pokemon, cloning etc. The fantasy elements are really much more prevalent in Gen 2 when the game took on a theme of traditionalism and folklore/legends.

I think it's just the fact that old games, no matter how up beat, are always a little bit creepy due to their lower quality. Plus there were so many more bugs and glitches back then and a fair degree of unknown since the game was in development for so long.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
You know, I'd have to disagree with you on that. There may not be any obviously creepy things around the region, in any areas or in the dialogue except for the thing with the girl at Marvelous Bridge, however all you need to do is take a look at the Pokedex entries for certain Pokemon, and you'll stumble upon some creepy or disturbing things, or in the very least, some things that don't really seem like they fit into Pokemon. To be honest, I think the fifth generation brought forth the most of these kind of entries of all the generations. I'll just list the ones I find the most disturbing below.

Litwick

Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns.

While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

Its flame is usually out, but it starts shining when it absorbs life force from people or Pokémon.

Lampent

This ominous Pokémon is feared. Through cities it wanders, searching for the spirits of the fallen.

It arrives near the moment of death and steals spirit from the body.

Chandelure

It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance.

Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.

Yamask

Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.

These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves. Each retains memories of its former life.

Cofagrigus

It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.

Grave robbers who mistake them for real coffins and get too close end up trapped inside their bodies.

Heatmor

Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides.

There are more, but these were just the ones I felt to be the most dark or unnatural for such bright games as Pokemon to include, and while some from earleir generations may have been worse, this generation sure had the most.

Actually, this is true. I hadn't thought of Pokedex entries. Just to add one of my personal favorites to the list:

Duskull - If it finds bad children who won't listen to their parents, it will spirit them away--or so it's said. It loves the crying of children.

Olli

Years
Actually, this is true. I hadn't thought of Pokedex entries. Just to add one of my personal favorites to the list:

Duskull - If it finds bad children who won't listen to their parents, it will spirit them away--or so it's said. It loves the crying of children.
Oh yes this, the Pokemon games, despite being targetted at a younger audience, really can get quite creepy at times. So since we've already narrowed ourselves in on this, I guess this would make a good topic?

Which is your favourite creepy Pokedex entry? Which Pokedex entry do you find the creepiest?

As for me, I'd say Kadabra's Pokedex entry for Firered.

It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra.

It isn't my favourite for being significantly creepy or very well thought out, but more because it's just so weird and raises so many questions. Like, why was the boy transformed into a Kadabra rather than an Abra or Alakazam? Why suddenly go into the middle of an evolutionary line? Was the boy an Abra that evolved? whatwhatwhat. It just makes no sense, and GAH.

Zayphora

Years
Mine? Mew, the mythical Pokemon--- from SOUTH AMERICA. What what what WHAT? This makes me think the Mutant Future pasta is actually what GAME FREAK had in mind. I love stuff like that.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've heard of other creepy/weird Pokedex entries. Here are some:

This is one of the creepy entries of pokemon that like hurting children.
Duskull: "It loves the crying of children. It startles bad kids by passing through walls and making them cry." (Platinum)
It loves the Crying of Children. Come on, why would they put so much hate on children in a children's video game? O.O There are more such as Drifloon and Hypno (child kidnappers) and Banette, perhaps you could check them out if you want.

This one is about a pokemon mourning over its own Death.
Yamask: "Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry." (Black) D:

There's also
Gorebyss (an enourmous swimming mosquito),
Shedninja (steals your spirit when you peer into the hole in its back (which you do EVERY time you send it out into battle)),
Cacturne (follows people at night and waits for them to tire out. why? what will they do to those people? kill them?? eat them??)

Olli

Years
Zayphora, just a reminder, you can't double post as a owner untill the club has been inactive for at least a month, but I'm gonna let it slide for now.

As for your question, I do recall reading it, but I can hardly even remember what it was like. If it was the one about your rival, with the hidden room in the back of the Viridian gym, taking place during the time of GSC, then sure, I remember it, but gonna read through it shortly, so that I can answer properly. Now, the title did remind me of another creepypasta called "Axe, Candle, Rope". I'm guessing the idea for it came off the surfboard item, which appears to originally have been a replacement for the HM move, where the author probably thought up other items for this.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Welcome NecrumWarrior.

I just read Strangled Red, it's so damn creepy. Like goosebumps every 10 seconds! How can such simple games be turned to creepy stuff?

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
Oh yes this, the Pokemon games, despite being targetted at a younger audience, really can get quite creepy at times. So since we've already narrowed ourselves in on this, I guess this would make a good topic?

Which is your favourite creepy Pokedex entry? Which Pokedex entry do you find the creepiest?

As for me, I'd say Kadabra's Pokedex entry for Firered.

It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra.

It isn't my favourite for being significantly creepy or very well thought out, but more because it's just so weird and raises so many questions. Like, why was the boy transformed into a Kadabra rather than an Abra or Alakazam? Why suddenly go into the middle of an evolutionary line? Was the boy an Abra that evolved? whatwhatwhat. It just makes no sense, and GAH.

We had a similar topic back in the Haunted House Club. Yamask's and Cofagrigus' entries were just so interesting and creepy and the same time. Cofagrigus' was more creepy, just because the thought of going near one and being turned into a mummy creeps me out. But I was so interested in Yamask's because of the fact that it says they were once human. What happened to them in order for them to become Pokemon? Considering that Yamask is a Ghost-type, I'd say that something involving death happened. But who knows...

I've never seen that entry for Kadabra before. But that is interesting, and it does raise lots of questions. It doesn't really sound like a pokedex entry, does it? Kinda presents a premise for a creepypasta in my opinion.

I don't know why I like Strangled Red so much. It's just so interesting, and I really like the story. It's a tragedy that takes a really creepy end, which I like :P
I have been wanting to play a ROM version of Strangled Red for ages now!

Zayphora

Years
Alright, up and running again! Just thought I'd remind you guys, PLEASE join before posting your opinion!! Otherwise it's spam. Like, seriously.

I personally loved Strangled Red. The new character of Steven($!3V3N) is very interesting. And I personally sort of use the Door's Open fic as my headcanon in this situation. Meaning I believe that
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
Oops Sorry Zayphora

Name: Melissaxo
Pick a pokemon from the list: Cubone
What's your favorite Pokemon creepy topic?: Currently it's Strangled red
Do you have a favorite character from a Pokemon Creepypasta?: Gary's Raticate

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I have an idea, we should make our own creepypasta, and maybe fill this thread with it. Anyone agrees with the idea?

Olli

Years
It's a good idea, but I don't think it should be the main focus. I like the discussion of very creepypastas and rumours and such, which I honestly think is the best to bring discussion in here, but if you guys write your own creepypastas and such, I would be all for you posting them here for others to enjoy and possibly critique. It's a thing I actually did expect to come from this club when it was made, and something I'd still want to see, but alas, not the main focus. One thing though, if the owner wants to, a creepy pasta writing event could possibly be arranged. People would probably be more likely to actually get around to writing creepy pastas, if they have something to get out of it, and with events, an emblem is already designed for such stuff.

But yeah, I'd love to see some creepypastas in here, just remember to stay to the other topics too.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I think it would be fun to do some CreepyPasta writing for Halloween, but I don't think it should be a regular thing to post Pastas directly on this thread, since this is mostly a place to discuss. If we did a Halloween Pasta contest, the Pastas in question should be housed in Spoiler tags to prevent crowding. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back