• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Totally Awesome Pokemon Untitled Idea

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Hello, This is OliveCopper, submitting a project on a general idea. This game was inspired by various games, but it is unknown how game development will be made... There will not be any new Pokemon or "Fakemon" but rather just the 649 known Pokemon. It is non-canonical, and therefore not compatible with any other Pokémon games. Though non-canon, all Pokémon from Kalos have not yet been diescovered, therefore, no Fairy-type. Also, there are no Mega-Evolving Pokémon.

Science has been drastically enhanced, and the movesets, abilities, and other stuff of the Pokémon have been redone. Each Pokémon can have 3 abilities, which can be switched out scientifically. There may even be some moves/abilities not in the official games.

Starter? What's a Starter Pokemon? You have to hatch your first Pokemon from an egg. Your first egg is random, giving more possibilities than just the Starter Pokémon.

Story

At the start, you get a Mystery Egg, which will contain a random Pokémon. The fact that your first egg is a "Mystery Egg" is to avoid having to reset for a specific egg. You try to protect the egg from danger, and after a while, the egg hatches into your first Pokémon, which will be at Level 1.

There isn't much further into the story. Most of it is just training and breeding. But with a lack of gyms, it may seem like training is just for evolving certain Pokémon, but more shall be researched.

Pokédex

Spoiler:

Not much here, but more info will come later...

Last edited:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Gotta keep the project going, I'll ensure to add more story line as I progress, albeit at a slow pace.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Sorry for the quick update, but the basic gist of the beginning story is up, as well as a few abilities and other stuffs. The movepools and abilities are being redone, whilst abilities with the same name as official abilities will have the same effect. Be warned, some Pokemon will have an entirely different type combination.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
HOLY SMOKES, ZUBAT-MAN!

Sorry for a microscule update, but things are getting scarce on ideas and story. The prologue story is already up, the the story for Episode 1 will take almost forever to post up. Good luck with the rest! I'll post more information....

Matsjo

How Does I Pokéballer
Years
Hello, This is OliveCopper, submitting a project on a general idea. This game was inspired by various games, but it is unknown how game development will be made... There will not be any new Pokemon or "Fakemon" but rather just the 649 known Pokemon. It is non-canonical, and therefore not compatible with any other Pokémon games.

Getting at least a working title, and a general idea of what your story will be about should be useful in getting your ideas flowing. If your game takes place in the Pokéfuture you could potentially place extra focus on some of the tech-Pokémon such as Porgyon. Maybe the main character is a hacker who gets sucked into a computer where he meets... Oh wait that sounds familiar.

Science has been drastically enhanced, and the movesets, abilities, and other stuff of the Pokémon have been redone. Each Pokémon can have 3 abilities, which can be switched out scientifically. There may even be some moves/abilities not in the official games.
3 Abilities sounds nice; perhaps every Pokémon's 3d Ability is especially useful for team battles?

Starter? What's a Starter Pokemon? You have to hatch your first Pokemon from an egg. Your first egg is random, giving more possibilities than just the Starter Pokémon.

Story

At the start, you get a Mystery Egg, which will contain a random Pokémon. The fact that your first egg is a "Mystery Egg" is to avoid having to reset for a specific egg. You try to protect the egg from danger, and after a while, the egg hatches into your first Pokémon, which will be at Level 1.
While this sounds like a good idea, random Pokémon also means random starting Type(s), which means that especially at game start you'll need to program wild Pokémon that don't have any immunities, and the player will need to have access to enough Pokémon so you don't show up with your random Dark 'starter' at the Fighting gym.

Hey, that formatting looks familiar ;).

Have fun puzzling.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Thanks for the support.

More research on the Mystery Egg, as well as the abilities, is still under progress... I'll try to update in good speed.

Thanks for the support.

More research on the Mystery Egg, as well as the abilities, is still under progress... I'll try to update in good speed.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
If you're going to give a random egg at the start, maybe you should make it so you get a Pikachu (for example) and a starter, because Matsjo is right, couldn't you end up with a Magikarp or a Smeagol... Hmm

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I'd limit the variety of Pokémon which could possibly hatch from that first egg. Partly because of the reasons mentioned above. But random Pokémon can also mean Arceus, or Groudon (or any other legendary for that matter). This means that if someone has bad luck they get a terrible starter, while having good luck gives you an awesome starter. Even if this is what you want, it causes two problems.
First of all, if you have an awesome story and epic quest which ends in capturing (fighting) Darkrai (for example). This won't be as interesting when your first Pokémon already was a Darkrai.
Additionally, what prevents players from restarting in the hope they get a better Pokémon?
You can, however, still let it choose randomly from a large variety of Pokémon. But instead of all Pokémon, a carefully selected variety. The randomness is interesting and exciting, but can also cause for problems.

I am also curious about the gameplay up to the point where you get your first Pokémon. This should be fun and interesting and not just exposition and waiting for the egg to hatch. The hatching of the egg should be a moment of "Hey! Awesome! Now I've actually got my own Pokémon!", and not "Finally it hatches after running around for 5 minutes". I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I like it. Though you have to keep in mind that you want the first (it being awesome), so give players something fun and interesting to do until then.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Yeah, you didn't have to BUMP a thread that is over a month old... (Good thing it was not me who did it though...) Unfortunately, it is possible that one of the two of us will be warned by Maruno though... Good luck, me! I'll research the mystery egg as much as I can...

Let me bring this up, there will not be any gyms around the area, this means, no badges to collect. How the story should go has not been planned yet, but I'll try to make some fixes. I'll try to create some side-events along the way...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Yeah, you didn't have to BUMP a thread that is over a month old... (Good thing it was not me who did it though...) Unfortunately, it is possible that one of the two of us will be warned by Maruno though... Good luck, me!
Don't mini-mod. Also, the rule around these parts is that the thread revival limit is 2 months. It's mentioned in the rules.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Curiosity (*car horn*) the Skitty? Don't keep me waiting! I have discovered the mystery of the mystery egg! There are no gyms, and the egg will never hatch into a legendary Pokémon. Without gyms, the plot is still uncertain...

Also, new information has been released. Check out the first post.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 29, 2020
Again another thing about this random pokemon: what if it is Abra, Ralts, Feebass, Magikarp, Hoppip... You guessed it: let's splash/teleport/growl the enemy until it faints...

...Unless you change their movesets that is, but a non-splashing magikarp would be horrible for its reputation...

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Again another thing about this random pokemon: what if it is Abra, Ralts, Feebass, Magikarp, Hoppip... You guessed it: let's splash/teleport/growl the enemy until it faints...

...Unless you change their movesets that is, but a non-splashing magikarp would be horrible for its reputation...

That's sorry to here, but there isn't too many possibilities for a first pokemon. The Mystery Egg has been modified to give a balance to the beginning of the adventure. Still more research is being done, and more abilities will be discovered by the hour.

Just giving this heads up to revive the project.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Wake up. my brother, from the grave!

To clarify what has already been said, "POKéMON CANNOT MEGA EVOLVE!" It has not been discovered during the events of this.

New Ability: Gouging Fangs. It is unknown what the ability does, but Aerodactyl and Krookodile have this ability.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Update: Eerie Call, new ability, known by Houndour and Electrike.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Where there is definitely potential to the mystery element of the early game, it'll take quite a bit of effort to balance it, and depending on your game engine of choice, 649 Pokemon may be a bit much to balance with your new abilities and moves.

Also, as a follow up, I'm a little confused - why write about new "unknown" abilities without any information as to what they actually do?

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Unfortunately, not even I know what those abilities do, for that reason, I'm undertaking research on what the abilities do.

Also, new ability, and this time, I'll give you a preview of what it does. The move is called "Molten Skin", and it is exclusive to Slugma and Magcargo. If a Pokémon were to make contact with Slugma/Magcargo using a move (e.g. Headbutt, Pound, e.t.c.), Slugma/Magcargo won't take any damage, and instead, the attacking Pokémon takes the damage due to the molting high body temperature. In short, a Pokémon with "Molten Skin" is too hot to touch!

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
A new ability has been discovered; Nocturnal.

If a Pokémon has Nocturnal for an ability, it will wake up ridiculously early after being put to sleep.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Going all around the world with a new minor update.

The ability, Turbo Bug, gives priority to Bug-type moves.

EDIT: Also, a Pokémon with the Scavenger ability recovers HP when it defeats an enemy.

Last edited:
Back