• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Hi everyone!
Id love to join the club. Ive been playing Pokemon since gen 1 (though i kinda skipped 3rd gen, having given up shortly before crystal, and only picking up a year or so after gen 4s release)
I remember shiny pokes from way back in the day. I of course had the shiny gyarados in gold, and i remember seeing lots of other pokemon that sparkled when i met them. i always thought at the time "what is that sparkle?". it was only when i picked back in in gen 4 that i realised they were shinies id missed XD i specifically remember a meeting a shiny bellsprout in bellsprout tower :/

But since getting back into it, ive learned more about shinies. When i completed Diamond, i started a little chaining. i managed to catch shiny Caterpie and 4 Bronzors through chains of 40. i also met a shiny Corsola at a chain of only 2! When heartgold came out, i soft reset for Ho-oh as well, and managed to get a shiny at only 654 Soft resets! when White came out, i played through, and always meant to trade all my shinies to it, but never got around to doing it, leaving them all on my heartgold (i transfered all the ones from Diamond)

In the wake of the X and Y announcement, ive picked up my games again after about a year, to find that my housemate has stolen and sold my copies of Diamond, White and Pearl! (along with a lot of other stuff). Thankfully, Heartgold was still in the DS, and that one was safe, along with my shinies. So ive just rebought Diamond and White, and am now happily playing through White again.

Ive just defeated Clay, and recieved Fly from Bianca, but i hadnt caught a flyer, so i went to Route 6 to catch a tranquail, and after quite a lot of foongus and karablast, a tranquail pops up.... and its shiny! my first ever proper RE shiny (not sure if Corsola counts, as it was on a chain, even if it was only 2)

Level 25 shiny female Tranquail
Mild nature

Im looking at finishing this game fast, so i can transfer my Caterpie, Corsola, Bronzor and Ho-oh to it, and get ready for X and Y. I also hope to hunt shinies when im finished :)

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
Congrats on all the shinies fishyfins! Sorry about the past games, but lucky that HeartGold was still in your DS! So, I'm wondering what shiny I should go for next, anyone got any ideas? I've got time to think as I need to find my DS, Diamond, Black 2 and White 2. I'm hoping to restart my White and get a shiny Snivy and Panpour, but when I find my Diamond I'll probably re-try Chaining. So, any ideas on what to hunt?

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Congrats to everyone who's gotten shinies and joined the club over the past month!

The February Monthly Quest!!

Happy February! Since it's the second month of the year, let's try to find Pokemon who have a "2" in their Pokedex number!

Anyone who can get two shinies with a National Dex number of "2" successfully completes this month's Quest!

The contest lasts until midnight EST on March 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

I wonder if G is still doing his ghost challenge.

Yup! It's going slowly but surely...more slowly than surely, but one day...

*throws dart at 2035 calendar*

Id love to join the club.

Welcome to the club! I'm sorry to hear about your games, but as far as these things can be good, that's really fantastic luck for the one game with all of your shinies to be the one game that didn't get stolen! That's definitely a sign that you will become a great shiny hunter!! :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I thought I join cause lately, I've been obsessed with looking for shiny Pokemon. Like anytime I playing and I'm in the wild , I think, "I hope a shiny Pokemon appears." and of course none ever show up. D: But anyway here's my list of shinies and the respective games they're in.

263.gif
(Ruby and Sapphire) - found in wild - (soon to be transferred to White or Black 2)
356.gif
(White- Given from a friend)
479.gif
(White - Given from a friend)
303.gif
(White- Give for a tournament on Bulbagarden)
355.gif
(White - gift from TwilightBlade)
425.gif
(White- gift from friend on other forum)
197.gif
(won as Eevee in PCX's Shiny Pokemon Raffle)

Yeah most my shinies I got as gifts , but I've found some in the wild, but traded them away: a shiny Patrat and a shiny Minccino. Regret giving them away now. :(
Small list, but hope to gain more as I get more into shiny hunting and chaining.

Currently hunting:
Shiny Tepig
Shiny Charmander
Shiny Braviary
Shiny Whimsicott
My first shiny of 2013 and first shiny in Black 2 and White 2.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2013
Started hunting in mid January, found a shiny Chikorita on my japanese SoulSilver
SO HAPPY. Currently hunting another chikorita and maybe a Shinx

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, fishyfins, AWsquared, and EvilKing2105!

Congrats on the shiny Tranquill, fishyfins! I'm sorry to hear about your old games.

Congrats on the shiny Chikorita, EvilKing2105!

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Well, I finally did it. I completed the National Dex pretty much all on my own. Unlike most people I didn't have a complete national dex in platinum. I had to start from scratch. With the use of Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, Soul Silver, Pearl, Platinum, White, and Black 2, I was able to get every Pokemon with only a handful of trades. (worst was playing through all of platinum just to get Palkia and Dialga) Now that I have my Shiny Charm, It's off to look for Shinies again! Currently searching the double grass at village bridge for a shiny Zangoose or Seviper. (Hopefully Zangoose since Zangoose is awesome)

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Hey guys guess who finally found where they wrote their login details after being signed out a few months ago and then forgetting their login and the password to the email this account is associated with. So this is me saying I'm not dead and I HAVE been hunting and I am mostly glad to be back. I will be reading the last few pages to see whats going on
it's been WAY too long since i posted this...
Viridian Forest - 9700 REs
Drilbur - 370 Eggs
Fossils - 2800 revived
Diglett - 480 REs
Uxie - 460 SRs

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
While I didn't find these shinies myself, today I did get some shiny Pokemon in a trade:
a shiny Joltik and shiny Boldore.
595.gif
Name: Rebecca level 1
Boldore lv 24 (i think)
525.gif
has an Everstone, but I don't mind trading it when I want to evolve. (Cause personally I like Gigalith more)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ah, I've always loved shiny Gigalith. I'm not a big Gen V fan, but it's one of my favorite shinies, anyway. Congratulations!

I've been SR'ing for a shiny Drifloon. No luck yet.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
This is ridiculous I just found my login info 2 days ago and just last night I found this...
Spoiler:

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Alright one more just found this 20 minutes ago at most...
Spoiler:

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
Years
Thanks for the welcomings guys! Ive just finished White, so now its time to start Diamond anew. Im hoping a random shiny will pop up on my quest, but i doubt it will happen XD Gratz for your two new shinies Arceus!

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
People I told you to get a shiny before I did I found ANOTHER random shiny ratatta it's quirky with run away I will get a pic as soon as possible =/ off to EV train Pikachu more, hopefully if I find anything else here it will be a pidgey

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I just joined here. I caught a shiny Paras today. And I have a shiny charizard.

Im currently hunting for a shiny Minccino.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
i have good news and bad news

Good news:

Spoiler:

Bad news, not that its actually BAD, is the fact that i wanted to record my encounters. and i now have the means to do so.....

ah well, what are ya gonna do?

also, my Swarms seem to be stuck on a few of my games. has this happened to anyone else?

Edit:
an hour later, and NOT recording....

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the two shiny Rattata, Arceus Whisperer!

Welcome to the club, Hard_Knoxx! Congrats on the shiny Paras!

Congrats on the two shiny Bidoof, Keruso!

This week's random hunt is... the Psychic-type!

Years
View attachment 67335

View attachment 67336

View attachment 67337

Finally got it :D!!! 17,123 SR but finally got it. Wasn't expecting it was highly enthusiastic but had to remain calm or wake up the whole neighborhood. It tore through my entire team except Arcanine, it was very hard trying to catch this while trying to tank the hits. I did pratice runs loads of times, caught it about 90% each time no problem, usually within 5-6 ultras or a few premier balls. However, when this bad bird showed up everything and I mean everything went wrong. I couldn't paralyze it like how I did throughout those test runs, Every attacked it used seemed to have it's secondary affect, Hoothoot couldn't put it to sleep. :'c 70 % hypnosis sucks when it doesnt go my way.
My pokemon did one of the 3:

1.) flinch
2.) burn
3.) die
4.) Secret 4rth option it seemed to cric every other hit. I thought i was prepared but i was horribly wrong.

The order varies and during the fight i was intensesly scared of a critical hit on my part. In the end caught it in a fast ball that complements it's colors nicely. Wanted the premier but meh what can you do. I'm definitely not SR'n another one just for the ball change. One thing is for certain , I was going to go against my pride about halfway during the fight and masterball it(almost). Glad it's mine and not going to SR anything for awhile, I've had my fill. Also to add the day before had gotten a shiny gastly while ev training it's sooo blue :P. I need to hurry up and beat the elite 4, my pokemon are under-leved so need to train, I'm trying to get a shiny munclax or snorlax but need the full incense first :/.

Before I forget:

@Arceus Whisperer congratz on the Rattata's
@Hard_Knoxx Congratz on the paras and hi/welcome :P
@Keruso Congratz on the bidoofs

Edit: I wanted to add vid to show that this is legit but file is too big i think. I took the vid and picks with my phone. Also how do i do the spoiler tags as didnt want to take up soo much room for a post.

Additional Note: @ latios master will an eevee count for the hunt and then evolving it to espeon :o?

Last edited:
Back