• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
One of the best, yet most challenging hacks I've ever played. Had to use Poison Powder and stall to beat the Gym Leaders. Question, when do I get the hatchet? I didn't have any Pokeballs to catch Bulbasaur with and I can't backtrack without it.

Why can't you go back to Cerulean from the Hidden Village and get Poke Balls?

First post...

Anyway, is it possible to run this off of no$gba, or will I have to download a different emulator to run it? The download is an INP file, whereas no$gba uses .gba files.

You have to patch it. We're not allowed to post links to roms.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2011
how can i add the new chapter you did? ^^

i tried tu upload the old one i had but i didn't work.. i also tried to create a new one but it didn't work either... what can i do?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Because I was dumb and continued on to Vermillion. :P
Then you can't get it. You get the hatchet on the St. Anne, and you can't backtrack to any areas you visited before you boarded the ship. It's one thing I'm hoping Metapod changes in future versions.

lal

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2011
hey great hack, BUT...
can you make charmiliion listen to you some times, on and off, like listens here not there, but make charizard listen fully because its my favorite pokemon and its a pain in the bottom to have him not litsen when hes the last pokemon in my party.

can u have brock or misty follow you, either one( yes its possible to have a sprite folow you. why not pichachu? i already have yellow for that).

expand into a little bit of johto.

I know this is alot of stuff but if you atleast think about it i thank you.

PS:you dont need to do any of these things, i understand that it is hard and boring to hack games and i already appreciate you for being born and making this.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
hey metapod,how long are you going to take to release the next beta?

Be patient dude, he'll release it once it is ready to be released.
Besides, asking for release dates is against the forum rules.
Just bide your time. A good game takes patience and skill and rushing new betas out
for people who ask for them will only result in something bugging in the game.

Metapod will release the next beta when he's ready to release it.

As for myself, I've been playing Beta 2.5z and I must say, it is absolutely amazing.
Brings back a load of memories I've had from watching the animé but in a whole new way!

I may have found a potential bug or glitch though:
When you are obtaining Bulbasaur, this turns out as planned, even with no space on your team.
It just goes straight to the PC when captured.

With Charmander, if you have no space, you can run to the center and free a slot to pick him up, that works.

As for Squirtle though, I came along, did everything right, tried to pick him up.
He wouldn't join my team because it became full again after I retrieved Pikachu.
So I thought that if I went and freed a slot on my team and come back and get him, that would work.
Unforetunately, when I left the cave and did free a slot on my team, upon my return, Squirtle was gone and nowhere to be found.

So I was wondering if maybe you might be able to fix this or perhaps just
make it so that they get automatically sent to the box if you have a full team?
Or even bring up the box menu like when Pikachu won't fight Misty so you can free the space to obtain him.

Anyway, the Beta is amazing and I'm still not at the end of it.
What I can say though is that whilst I'm looking forward to your completion of the game,
I wish you would never end and keep this going as long as the anime goes. And even if
you hit size consstraints, you could release an entirely new game for the next portion of
the anime. One where you basically just have Ash arrive in the new region as in the Animé, with just Pikachu.

Anywho, good luck Metapod, I look forward to playing this for the coming days and even more so to the next release.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2011
Be patient dude, he'll release it once it is ready to be released.
Besides, asking for release dates is against the forum rules.
Just bide your time. A good game takes patience and skill and rushing new betas out
for people who ask for them will only result in something bugging in the game.

Metapod will release the next beta when he's ready to release it.

As for myself, I've been playing Beta 2.5z and I must say, it is absolutely amazing.
Brings back a load of memories I've had from watching the animé but in a whole new way!

I may have found a potential bug or glitch though:
When you are obtaining Bulbasaur, this turns out as planned, even with no space on your team.
It just goes straight to the PC when captured.

With Charmander, if you have no space, you can run to the center and free a slot to pick him up, that works.

As for Squirtle though, I came along, did everything right, tried to pick him up.
He wouldn't join my team because it became full again after I retrieved Pikachu.
So I thought that if I went and freed a slot on my team and come back and get him, that would work.
Unforetunately, when I left the cave and did free a slot on my team, upon my return, Squirtle was gone and nowhere to be found.

So I was wondering if maybe you might be able to fix this or perhaps just
make it so that they get automatically sent to the box if you have a full team?
Or even bring up the box menu like when Pikachu won't fight Misty so you can free the space to obtain him.

Anyway, the Beta is amazing and I'm still not at the end of it.
What I can say though is that whilst I'm looking forward to your completion of the game,
I wish you would never end and keep this going as long as the anime goes. And even if
you hit size consstraints, you could release an entirely new game for the next portion of
the anime. One where you basically just have Ash arrive in the new region as in the Animé, with just Pikachu.

Anywho, good luck Metapod, I look forward to playing this for the coming days and even more so to the next release.
I think you are right.Sorry i am a little inpatient and i even finished the beta2.5z so i want to play the next beta badly

lal

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2011
I Found a glitch a bad one when in the hidden village or whatever the name was and you use dig, when not in the hole, you end up in the sevii ilands at bond bridge, when u enter the houses ur stuck there forever. The islands are desserted and deformed. This is in beta 2.5.

billios

Water Pokémon Master
Years
It's been a while since I check this hack out. Months, at the very least. I just downloaded Beta 2.5z and I'm going to play it in a minute. Good luck on the hack, Metapod! I can't wait to play!

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2011
I Found a glitch a bad one when in the hidden village or whatever the name was and you use dig, when not in the hole, you end up in the sevii ilands at bond bridge, when u enter the houses ur stuck there forever. The islands are desserted and deformed. This is in beta 2.5.

I already said that. -.-'

Andrew McKenzie

Years
So it seems no one is replying in the Guide thread or they forgot about it, I dunno.

I have but one problem. Maybe two...

I cannot, for the life of me, sort out how to access Koga's gym.
I can go in, I read the riddle on the statues but I cannot, however I think about it, figure out the riddle. D=
How do I fight Koga.

Secondly, when you finally reach the Little Kiddle Pre-School and do the Meowth thing and all, and then when you leave and try to travel west/left onward, it goes into a huge area which is completely blank except for the green grass/ground you travel on and the trees that surround it.

I am assuming this is the end of the beta?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
So it seems no one is replying in the Guide thread or they forgot about it, I dunno.

I have but one problem. Maybe two...

I cannot, for the life of me, sort out how to access Koga's gym.
I can go in, I read the riddle on the statues but I cannot, however I think about it, figure out the riddle. D=
How do I fight Koga.

Face the back of one of the statues and press B.

Secondly, when you finally reach the Little Kiddle Pre-School and do the Meowth thing and all, and then when you leave and try to travel west/left onward, it goes into a huge area which is completely blank except for the green grass/ground you travel on and the trees that surround it.

I am assuming this is the end of the beta?

Yes, that's the end of the beta.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2011
Excellent Hack. One of the best ones I've played. I love your attention to detail, even down to Charmeleon not listening to you.

Of course, I decided to not evolve my Charmander until much later because I can't have him disobeying me until Charizard Chills lol I need a Fire Type.

One of the best, really. You should be proud. It reawakened my passion for Pokemon tbh.

Andrew McKenzie

Years
Excellent, thanks Metapod! How did I not think of something SO simple.

And I look forward to Beta 3's release, mate.
This really is an amazing game, if I do say so myself.

If only you could continue it as long as the actual anime.
At least even through Hoenn, even if it required starting a new hack. XD.
A man can dream after all. But yeah, good luck, I look forward to playing more!

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Excellent Hack. One of the best ones I've played. I love your attention to detail, even down to Charmeleon not listening to you.

Of course, I decided to not evolve my Charmander until much later because I can't have him disobeying me until Charizard Chills lol I need a Fire Type.

One of the best, really. You should be proud. It reawakened my passion for Pokemon tbh.

Excellent, thanks Metapod! How did I not think of something SO simple.

And I look forward to Beta 3's release, mate.
This really is an amazing game, if I do say so myself.

If only you could continue it as long as the actual anime.
At least even through Hoenn, even if it required starting a new hack. XD.
A man can dream after all. But yeah, good luck, I look forward to playing more!

Thanks to both of you for the kind words. :)

No plans to extend the hack into Johto, though, or start a second one to continue the anime, at least not now.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2011
@Up well that's kinda sad, but i guess it is alot of work and there's really nothing we can do about it, unless someone does a johto anime hack. :D (There are a few here though.)

Andrew McKenzie

Years
I suppose you could always end this hack with "Ash" being told about Johto as he was in the anime and then maybe by then, someone else or yourself could make it.

But who am I to suggest such things to the hack's maker. haha.
Keep up the good work Metapod.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I suppose you could always end this hack with "Ash" being told about Johto as he was in the anime and then maybe by then, someone else or yourself could make it.

But who am I to suggest such things to the hack's maker. haha.
Keep up the good work Metapod.

The game will end with the episode "The Rivalry Revival." Maybe by the time it's done, Co500 will have started working on Johto Adventures again. He started that at about the same time I started this hack, so they're somewhat linked.

Back