• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X and Y anime speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
There is a special episode of pokemon smash coming where they're going to talk about the XY anime. What do you guys think they're going to reveal?

Personally i'd like to know who ash's companions are going to be. I'm still hoping for the unlikely return of Brock.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
I think Ash will travel with that one female playable character [I think her name is Serena?] and a random male character, possible a Gym Leader like that Grant dude. I don't really like any of the other Generation 6 characters thus far so I can't really say that I'm that interested in seeing any one else in Ash's group. Also I hope that Alexa girl is just a recurring character. There's no need for Ash's group to have four people like in Advanced Generation.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
If the new group ends up who I, and some others speculate is going to be...then it may be the first time that we have a group with a guy that fills the role of the obligatory "one character has to be the same age as Ash." If that's the case then I really have no clue what kind of quest said character will have.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That's true and wow didn't even think about that. We've seen multiple times that main characters without a proper quest or goal just don't do well. And dual gym battles every time would be gross. Perhaps Kalos has something actually interesting like contests. Oh actually you know I wouldn't mind having a main guy coordinator if contests came back.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
That's true and wow didn't even think about that. We've seen multiple times that main characters without a proper quest or goal just don't do well. And dual gym battles every time would be gross. Perhaps Kalos has something actually interesting like contests. Oh actually you know I wouldn't mind having a main guy coordinator if contests came back.

Honestly , I don't want any Coordinator Or a Type Master !
I simply want a girl who travel to collect information and act as the straight Man in almost all Pokemon Gag !
And ,
I believe it would be better if Ash catch's a Talking Pokemon !
Like a Honedge !
Ya , Writer tried with Meowth But he was too Overused !
I think a Talking Honedge would do a better job then a Male cast & Another Oshawott .
Specially a Sarcastic Honedge who has a ''Love & Hate'' Relationship with Ash !
WHY HONEDGE ????
Look at it -
230px-Honedge.png

Its very design telling us ''If You guys want another funny Talking Pokemon then I'm Your guy!!!!''
Just imagine -

-A Talking Honedge that chase after Human Girl .

-A Talking & Sadist Honedge that usually Harass Ash & co ! It also get comically abused by Ash & Co as a result !

-A Talking Honedge that always argue/fight with Ash . A Honedge who has a Love & Hate relationship with Ash .

-A Talking Honedge That work as a Translator in Ash's Team which allow Ash to help a lot of Pokemon .

If A talking Honedge handle perfectly then it might be as popular as Pikachu !
Plus , Wouldn't Kids like to see Another Talking Pokemon ???

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Your ideas for the anime seem to be much more adult and over-the-top than what the writers are looking for. Also, you completely dismiss the fact that a main character without a story arc tends to get no development whatsoever. That's an absolute no-no for Pokémon, because Pokémon is about journeys. Pokémon is about travelling, making friends, learning new things, and learning about oneself in the process. When there is no solid "end goal" or overarching mission, this is what the show must be in order to be something people want to follow.

So I want story arcs. I want development. I don't want characters who are one-gag ponies; they end up stagnating. As we've seen.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Speaking of development, I'd really, really like it if Ash had less battle bots for pokemon - you know, like Ash's Palpitoad, Bouldre, etc. Pokemon that had barely any spot light, and thus, less development. That was one of my 'peeves' with the BW arc; Ash's pokemon... lacked 'flavor' so to speak. (well, that's what Dent would say ehehe). So, you know, I'm ready for more pokemon development too - heck, if Ash pokemon got as much development as Ash's Charmander, then I'd be very interested in his pokemon more, even if they don't end up fully evolved.

because HORRAY for emotions~

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Your ideas for the anime seem to be much more adult and over-the-top than what the writers are looking for. Also, you completely dismiss the fact that a main character without a story arc tends to get no development whatsoever. That's an absolute no-no for Pokémon, because Pokémon is about journeys. Pokémon is about travelling, making friends, learning new things, and learning about oneself in the process. When there is no solid "end goal" or overarching mission, this is what the show must be in order to be something people want to follow.

So I want story arcs. I want development. I don't want characters who are one-gag ponies; they end up stagnating. As we've seen.

Adult-like ????
I come up with the idea of Talking Pokemon because that what Kids would like to see .
A Talking Pokemon will allow greater Bonding , Humor , Chemistry & Development !
After all , Isn't there are a lot of Kids Anime out there where the Protagonist has a talking familiar or Animal that help that Protagonist in various case's ! Such as ''Shogo Chara'' , ''Digimon'' , ''Sgt Frog'' , ''Precure'' , ''Doreamon'' , ''Yokai watch'' etc!
So Honedge can be like them .
Off course , I liked that talking Clefairy from ''Lights, Camerupt, Action!''
Since One of big problem in Pokemon is that Pokemon can't talk so Ash can't fully communicate with them like those Kids Anime Protagonist can !
But One talking Pokemon like Meowth Or Movie Lucario can take care of that
Plus , Who said a Talking Pokemon shouldn't fight ???
Instate Honedge could be shown as a good battler when Ash command him.
There another reason why I want Honedge !
Because -

-Honedge seem like a single Stage Pokemon so nobody will complain about it not evolving like Oshawott as long as it learn powerful attack and win Battle.

-Honedge can float so it would fun to see him flying around and joking with Ash & Other.

-It's Steel/Ghost type Pokemon that Ash doesn't have . Its Ghost tying make sense for its ability to talk.

-Plus , It would cool to see Ash sharing stuff with Honedge while Honedge telling his own opinion to Ash rather then just cheering to whatever Ash say like Pikachu .

-Since its a sword , It could shown that his attack become stronger when Ash swine him So Ash wield him whenever he had to deal with Villain .

As for what Pokemon is about !!!!
None of those journey , making friend , learning about Other & Oneself doesn't matter if the Darn Anime doesn't have a END-GOAL !!!
Pokemon ain't Doreamon so it can't go endless like Doreamon .
Thats why Both Anime has such gap in Rating .
And Also , If Pokemon XY series need another annoying Marketable Oshawott then I prefer it to be a Sarcastic Talking ''Honedge'' with Powerful Move rather then another underdeveloped & Underevolved Pokemon .

Last edited:
Years
Saw this on serebii "Following on from the airing of the movie detailed about, it has been confirmed that a special preview of the new series Pokémon The Series XY will air on October 19th on Cartoon Network in North America. The contents of this sneak preview are not currently known" :) Cool!!!!

Edit : "The sneak peek is set to feature the first two episodes" !!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
-DP Series sacrificed Humor for deeper & Better Story plot

-BW Series Sacrifice Story Plot for Pointless Humor

So I wish XY series will have both better story Plot & Humor rather then sacrificing One for Another .

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I saw that too, Ilias, and I mean... wow. So they'll be airing a Decolore ep that day, then the movie, then this sneak peek? They'll still be eight weeks out at least from dub release of XY. And we've seen hardly anything in terms of XY stuff right now. I wonder if they're going to try to bump the dub release dates closer to the Japanese airing?

Years

So I wish XY series will have both better story Plot & Humor rather then sacrificing One for Another .

I think you've got a good opinion there Famon, DP was more battle-focused and Ash's team were epic. BW didn't live up to that, but had way more comedy to it. XY I am hoping balanced both story plot and comedy at the same time and there you'll get one good saga worth watching.

I wonder if they're going to try to bump the dub release dates closer to the Japanese airing?

I guess they might be, given the games are coming out in loads of countries at the same time. But still I'm wondering how they'll pull it off given the number of Decolore Islands episodes that still have yet to be aired, let alone dubbed.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Right. Like what are they going to do? I know they can catch up a few weeks due to the dub inevitably not airing specials and I think there may be a few non-ep weeks and maybe double up, but will the dub team be able to handle that? How will they do with translating, preparing scripts and recording in such a short timeframe?

Years
There are 13 episodes left for the BW series to end, so if they air 1 episode at a week we still have a long way to go. If they could air 2 episodes at a week the BW series would end at around October 26th. But this won't happen :( I think they have dubbed the most of them so they can handle dubbing the XY episodes, I guess, but maybe they are showing this special just because of the game release... October 19th is going to be full of Pokemon!! :)

Years
Yes I was also wondering about the theory that How will the unaired English Dekorora episodes will go as they are still not finishes airing them but at the same time they are going to show XY episodes too early. Are they planning to skip some episodes?

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
Ash will take Pikachu and Charizard to Kalos.
Bulbasaur and Squirtle will make appearances and one/two might even evolve.
The rival shall have Froakie and Ash will get Fennekin and a naughty Chespin.
Fletchling is a must-have!
Charizard will Mega-Evolve during battles with Rivals/Gym Leaders/Kalos League.
Ash will get an Eevee, and I still believe another Eeveelution will be announced. It never comes out singularly, right? Ash's will evolve into that, and Ash's female rival will have Sylveon, or Dawn will reappear as a cameo and have an Eevee evolving into Sylveon, or just a Sylveon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I was wondering !
What if Ash's new female traveling companion is a ''Pokemon dancer'' who trying to create her own dancing team and Tierno happen to be her rival ???
OhThis guy did a comparison with All Ash's design where XY Ash seem taller then other Ash -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBF2YTzqRk

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
-3- Ash's rival may be the one with the Evee

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017

BW series did a really great job with the story telling, great plots and good humor.

DP series didn't really have any good humor are any good plots, the DP team was okay not epic.

XY series should be great and have great humor aswell great story plots.

I can see Iris coming back for an visit during the XY series.

Years
Corocoro has something for the anime too. Got this from serebii

In addition to this, some anime details were shown. Mega Blaziken was shown on the new anime poster, alongside Clemont and a new female. Like the above, this isn't 100% confirmed but comes from the same person as the cover, so don't count it as 100% confirmed yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back