• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Opal

Would you like to be a Pokemon Designer or Spriter for Pokemon Opal?

• Designer, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • Spriter, yes! (Contact me)

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • Both! (Contact me)

Votes: 14 6.5%
  • Nope!

Votes: 116 54.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
you are saying the fakemon need work in a fakemon based game well tht is true critic

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
well finally on the third page kitty well don and i will be back in a short while so stay tuned

Oh really? lol. I missed you.. XD

So are you working on the male OW trainer, or is someone doing that already? I'm still a beginner in OW so I'm not trying to ask for any work (yet) but I am just curious. I like the Female Trainer btw. :) If I can ever get back into practicing spriting I will help. Good luck with your project

Well, the sprites in the screens are just prototypes taken staright from the starter kit. So right now the male is just the standard male that comes with the game. I'd love for you to make the OW sprites if you turn out good enough.

The fakemon need a little work but, other than that it is good.

Well there really is no way to rate a fakemon(unless it's very boring and un-unique...).
Because you can't rate them all on just one thing, you really can't say anything, except the fact that they're all made in different styles.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
hi kits i know ive tried fakemon before its just i looked at a guide and have tried shading and i think it looks ok im not really asking you to put it in the game i just wanted some feedback and i think your the best person to give it 2 me thanks

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac78/kian12652/lasttryatfakemon.jpg

Ok.
I'll give it to you the nicest way I can...

Well to be honest I think your other ones were better. Which guide did you use?
And the shading looks more like markings, (like how a pikachu has brown on it's tail). When you make shading it should be about the dimensions, not the outlines. And I know shading isn't always easy. And I can't really tell if it's supposed to be a sprite or not because it's very small! Anyway, I don't think it'll make it to the game.

You might want to download something like GIMP, it's totally free and it's just like photoshop. I also just made a tutorial for it.

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
hey dont be that harsh on him i think its a good pic just needs a bit work but its not worth bashing him just tell him to try again

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
well you could try it though its a very hard to use programme

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
hey dont be that harsh on him i think its a good pic just needs a bit work but its not worth bashing him just tell him to try again

Freak, I'm not bashing him!
I'm giving him critique, which is just kindly telling someone, honestly how their work is. I didn't say "your art sucks," did I? No, I was telling him what he needed to work on. Bashing and critique are very different. If I was bashing I'd say "Your art needs alot of work" or "it sucks"... something mean like that. Critique always sounds rude somehow, but that's not the point of it...

thanks u2

um the guide i used is http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-32291.html

for paint

ive made a fire type but if you didnt like this one theres no point showing this one o well

i might try that program you used and give it a shot

Okay. GIMP is very good, work with it some and I'm sure you'll breakthrough.
That tutorial isn't too good... But it is for beginners. You may want to check Wichu's Spriting Tutorial. But it is good to just start from the basics.

well you could try it though its a very hard to use programme

Not really... Most Paint users will find it hard at first because GIMP has so many features, but that's what makes it much better. And I don't think he came to you for advice... please don't tell him things like that, it can be ovewhelming. You just have to practice with it first and you'll get used to it...

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
Just out of curiousity, what was Mimibud supposed to look like/be inspired by? Or was it just something you came up with? It doesn't look like anything I've seen before. =3

Anyway good luck with the game, making 150 new pokemon is going to be challenging, but hopefully fun. I'm working on completing about 90 of them with my sisters, and we have a lot of ideas that we might not use. So assuming that I don't get swamped with work when school starts, I wouldn't mind helping design new pokemon for you.

And on an almost completely unrelated note, I love opals. o3o

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Just out of curiousity, what was Mimibud supposed to look like/be inspired by? Or was it just something you came up with? It doesn't look like anything I've seen before. =3

Anyway good luck with the game, making 150 new pokemon is going to be challenging, but hopefully fun. I'm working on completing about 90 of them with my sisters, and we have a lot of ideas that we might not use. So assuming that I don't get swamped with work when school starts, I wouldn't mind helping design new pokemon for you.

And on an almost completely unrelated note, I love opals. o3o

Hehehe...
Mimibud. It wasn't meant to be anything at all. It's just a cute little thing, I guess. I don't remember how I thought it up at all.
Maybe that's just my hidden artist ability... ^o^

Yes. It'll be a while. But I think all the Pokémon will be finished by January or February next year... We're going very fast and there's so many designers who want to work for me!

For you to be a designer you'll need an intermediate artist ability, so you'll have to know how to make shads and shines, and all the basics. So, yup, all those guidelines for the proportionalness! I have to see some examples first. (Because sketches aren't qualifying).
Keep in mind I will critique your art as nicely as possible. I don't bash... Like someone said I did. <_<

Hehe
Kitsu, it was a signature. He wasn't calling you that~ Silly.

That wasn't his siggy. It's right below where I'm writing. You know, the raw posts.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
no no lol i wasnt calling you kian im called kian

its like your faithfully kian

except

thanks
kian

lol

Kitsunez

Poke'mon Artist
Years
That wasn't his siggy. It's right below where I'm writing. You know, the raw posts.
No, I mean it was like how some people sign off. Yes, he should have put it in his actual sig or made it more understandable. Like this:

~Lexi

Like that? You know what I'm talking about now? Sorry if I'm ranting about something that doesn't make sense to anyone else. I'm just a little ditzy today, I think fruit juice makes me a little hyper.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
hi i know ive asked lots of questions but i just wondered if my koalabowl (fakemon0 looked any better because ive changed and tryed it on paint.net like what wichu uses thanks

~kian

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
No, I mean it was like how some people sign off. Yes, he should have put it in his actual sig or made it more understandable. Like this:

~Lexi

Like that? You know what I'm talking about now? Sorry if I'm ranting about something that doesn't make sense to anyone else. I'm just a little ditzy today, I think fruit juice makes me a little hyper.

Yeah I get ya. XD
Nyu!~♥
grr, I want that to be my username now. <_<

hi i know ive asked lots of questions but i just wondered if my koalabowl (fakemon0 looked any better because ive changed and tryed it on paint.net like what wichu uses thanks

~kian

Well you haven't shown it to me... ^^;

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
i dont quite like this new sing off thingy so i'm not applying it but just for fun

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FREAK A Yeah!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back