• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obsessions that you just don't get

NightmarePhantomhp7

Phantom Master
Years
  • Age 31
  • TX
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Are their any Obsessions that people have the you just don't get?

some of the Furs Doing it to Put a Smile on kids Faces that Have had a Bad life and it's like Anime Costumes in a Way most of the Maker Make Costumes for that they have had a Bad life and want to end it all but injoy making costumes to take the edge off the bad day that had so they don't get into drugs or it keeps them from ending there life.

I know from that I'm a Costume designer and I Make Anime Costumes and Fursuits for people it just a way to get throw life I had a Fursuit and the One thing that made me feel good was to see the Kids hug me and smile my friend when to different place like children Hospitals and children operational to put some smiles on the children faces.

if you still don't get it try doing to a con or two then you'll see that it just fun and makes your life just that much more fun.
and here is a Documentary on furries on youtube called
Furries - An Inside Look By Curt Pehrson
that well help you understand the fandom more then anything

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Furry Fandom - Isn't it illegal to have sexual attractions with a non-human being?

CoD - *insert copy/paste gameplay here* At least Black Ops 2 is said to be somewhat different, but I still worry that it'll outsell Mario and Pokemon as the best-selling franchise.

Breast Enlargements - Large breasts does not make a woman look attractive.

Big bellies - Obesity is a very serious epidemic, and it's not worth being sexually attracted to if he/she is suffering from heart problems.

Hipsters - They tend to ruin everyone's parade when it comes to mainstream media, and they're everywhere on the internet.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Pikachu - Okay, Ash's first Pokemon. But really. It's just a bit overboard.
Gen V/Unova - I just don't get it.
Slendeman (ahaha that's ironic) - I do understand this one, but some people are too obsessed. Mind you, I'm not one of them.

Years
Call of Duty - Seriously, I hear about boys playing this game obsessively, I fear it'll outsell Mario and Pokemon.

Genderbending - I don't get why so many people I meet on forums genderbend a lot.

Gangnam Style - I do like this song, but I don't get why Americans love it so much.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Call of Duty - I don't get what's so fun about it, and I really don't get why fanboys of CoD will sit around and say Pokemon is repetitive. Just...I don't get that logic. Especially when they say "oh you got new maps big deal" Well, in new CoD games, don't you get new maps too and use that to defend how CoD isn't repetitive? Uh huh. Yeah. Nice try.

Furries - ...I shudder at the thought.

Sex - I'm not a prude or anything, I just don't understand how people can be obsessed with sex. Like...don't your gents get tired?

Horror genre - idk how you can enjoy people getting mauled to death and such ahdlsjfs i just cannottt

Gangnam Style - I do like this song, but I don't get why Americans love it so much.

For the same reasons you do, most likely. Just cause we're American doesn't mean we can't like it!

Edit: This is cped from the old thread. I do have more of a drive to drink than I did back then though. XD But what I said still kind holds true!

Sydian in 2010 said:
- I don't understand the obsession with Halo. I had a joke about it, but it comes off as offensive to some, or well, it might. So I'll leave this at that.

- TWILIGHT. Vampires aren't supposed to sparkle or be handsome devils. This is a freaky obsession, imo. Edward isn't even that good looking.

- Alcohol is major too. I have no drive to drink right now, so I guess that's why I don't understand. But it's like...why do you wanna drink so much that you don't even remember the fun time (and even then, you might not be having a fun time) you're having? And I'm also afraid of people putting stuff in drinks. So I'm just avoiding it; I'm not getting raped or anything cause I mean, look at me. I just don't get the hype over it.

- Japan. People are too obsessed with everything Japan does, says, breathes, eats, everything. And then weeaboos come out of it. Make it stop. :(

- Console fanboyism. If you know me, you know I stick with Nintendo through almost everything, but I'm not so obsessed to think that they win at everything. I can admit I play my 360 more than my Wii or something, but some people won't even get consoles from other companies because they're just that weird about it. If you care more about sticking to one company rather than playing good games, you're going to miss out on some good stuff. Unless you're an FPS nut which leads me to...

- Shooter games in general. If you're going to play shooters, that's fine, but please tell me you have other tastes. You're not much of a gamer if you can't even pop in an RPG or something else every once in a while imo.

Victini

Celebrities and human bodies, male and female.

I really just don't understand. OTL;;
I can't seem to find either of the above a really big deal... maybe I'm just an alien or something. vwv;

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I'm going to try avoiding easy targets (pop artists, TV shows, books, and films that are obviously not targeted towards me. Preventing things like JB, Glee, and Twilight respectively.)

Weeaboo-ism: I struggle to see why people would see Japan as something so amazing that they prefer everything from it above everything else. Some want to go far as learning Japanese just for their anime which... will then become absolutely useless after they lose interest and they look down and realize spending so much devotion on the language wasn't the greatest of ideas (unless they actually go to Japan, of course.)

Brand Loyalty ( AKA Fanboying/Fangirling)... over anything - Despite that you love it so much, everything has their own flaws and strengths over one another. Get over it.

Furry Fandom - I understand what there is to like about it, but just not at the highest of magnitudes. While I did find this one documentary interesting, it didn't really answer my questions.

Materialism - Mostly associated with the 'Apple Cult' with needing to have the new expensive stuff as soon as it comes out. Sure some may admire you and be jealous for it, but the general population will think you're ridiculous and think you just took a lighter to your last week's pay.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Well Talli says he no get

Call of duty= it's the same game released ever year with one new weapon

Minecraft= I don't get what's so great about it

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Over the ear headphones. Aren't those just more inconvenient to carry around?

Les Mis. No offense, I saw the movie. I didn't get the hype.

Not exactly obsessions I guess, but should do.

Furry Fandom - Isn't it illegal to have sexual attractions with a non-human being?
I'm pretty sure there are people married to dolls. Not the same as furries, but still.

Breast Enlargements - Large breasts does not make a woman look attractive.
Sometimes it's more for their satisfaction rather than others.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Swag trend: It just looks bad and it makes rap look bad since most people that dresses up like that tends to listen to 'rap' and 'hiphop' and give real rap a bad name.

Justin Bieber fans: Just because you like his looks doesn't mean he has talent. I'm hating on him because he's making money and I'm not? Take out most of the girl fans he got, what does he have? Not much more of a fan base.

Twilight hate: It's a bad movie based on a bad novel yes, but they have tons of movies that are worse.

People hating on rock/rap: Just because you don't listen to a certain genre, doesn't automatically make it "suck." Both rap and rock have their own fair share of worthless artists and bands. None of them are superior to each other.

Bronies: I hate those people that watch MLP and say that if you don't watch it you automatically suck. Just because I don't enjoy a 7 year old TV show doesn't mean I suck. Stop trying to shove your interest other into other peoples throats.

Call Of Duty: It's a FPS game that tends to repeat practically the same process as the previous game, I don't see how it keeps getting rated by people as the best game ever.

Chain letters/ 'Like if you' pictures: You won't die by a girl tonight, so don't share that picture. And I really don't think your mom is going to die in 2 days if you don't post that chain letter to 10 different people.

Pop/bad rap radio music: All these song abou getting laid, drinking, smoking and clubbing are getting really old. Also kids listen to the radio >_>

Disney pop kids: I hate those kids, go back with animated mouses, ducks and dogs. Those were more fun to look at.

Apple products: No. They're not the 'best' things out there. It's just that you don't know how to compare it to other products.

Weed: Just because tons of kids are doing it means you gotta smoke too? Stop please. You're not a total gangster for smoking weed. Your parents still give you a curfew and they gave you a bed time.

Alcohol: No, I don't wanna get wasted and have the best night of my life and won't even remember what the hell happened to me. How would I know it was the best night ever when I can't even remember what the hell I did? I prefer knowing what I did that night and knowing it was fun.

PS3/Xbox 360/Wii/PC war: We don't care which console you like better. Each of them are good in their own way. Now shut up and enjoy whatever you prefer without having to shove it down the throats of other people.

Sorry if I offended anyone. These are my opinions.

I didn't realize the other thread was 2 years old. Someone made it active again *_*

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Call of Duty - I don't get what's so fun about it, and I really don't get why fanboys of CoD will sit around and say Pokemon is repetitive. Just...I don't get that logic. Especially when they say "oh you got new maps big deal" Well, in new CoD games, don't you get new maps too and use that to defend how CoD isn't repetitive? Uh huh. Yeah. Nice try.

Furries - ...I shudder at the thought.

Sex - I'm not a prude or anything, I just don't understand how people can be obsessed with sex. Like...don't your gents get tired?

Horror genre - idk how you can enjoy people getting mauled to death and such ahdlsjfs i just cannottt

For the same reasons you do, most likely. Just cause we're American doesn't mean we can't like it!

Edit: This is cped from the old thread. I do have more of a drive to drink than I did back then though. XD But what I said still kind holds true!

And what the quote button wouldn't include xD But yes, and I don't hate Justin Bieber but there's a good one
If you hate him, it's with a passion, an obsession in a sense xD
If you love him, well same thing
Either way, both sides are obsessed xD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Sports would be the main one for me. I just don't understand how people can get so riled up to the point where they're sitting in a stadium with 10,000 other people (or even in their own living room in front of the TV) screaming and crying over the fact that somebody didn't get a goal. It's madness to me. What's the big deal? How does it affect your life, really, if your sports team doesn't win?

It's ridiculous.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I honestly don't get obsessions with Call of Duty, either. I have to agree with Sydian on the standpoint of them being "gamers", too, when CoD is the only thing they play, or at least play for any particular extended period of time.

PC & Console Wars. I feel like I shouldn't have to elaborate on this.

The furry fandom I don't get a thing about. All I see is anthropomorphic animals — that alone is enough to turn me off of anything that isn't a movie about non-Twilight werewolves. To me, furries are basically just zoophiles with an added twist, but somehow it feels even worse than that.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Agreed, except I just downright hate that "song".
"Techno music"- Basically, any kind of "music" that has people using computers and such to make up for there inability to actually play a musical instrument and to try to make their voices sound better. It just makes me sick listening to that junk.
Soccer- Just don't get what's so great about it.
Girls- (Or in some people's case, boys) I just see no point in girlfriends (or boyfriends). I've asked people and no one could actually tell me (yah they all said 'oh you'll be happy' well then what's the point of friends? Pulling pranks?). Whatever, ew.
Text talk- Lazy and makes you look stupid. OMGLOLROFL lok how smrt I am! -.-
Yup that's it! :)

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Vloggers - I just don't understand how you can sit there and watch a person talk about their problems every day without wanting to claw your ears off of your head. It's obnoxious to sit there and complain to your friends every day, but these people do it to millions of strangers and some of them have cult-like followings.

BBC's Sherlock - I bet it's an okay show, but there's no way it's THAT good. Also Benedict Cumberbatch's facial structure makes me uneasy.

The Walking Dead - Good show. Not 10/10, but good. In my opinion, it lost its charm after Dale died because he was the only character with any sense.

Energy drinks - Mainly just something that irks me from my childhood. Everyone was obsessed with drinking energy drinks because they thought it made them cool or whatever and I just never understood it.

Stream vs Download wars - Does it really matter how you watch something? Sometimes streaming is just easier for longer shows. There's no chance I'm downloading 50 episodes of Pretty Cure just to watch it once.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Minecraft, defs. I've tried playing it, mainly because my best friend plays it, but I hate the pixel thingies. And it runs slow so yeah. Minecraft sucks. No offense to the people who actually like that game, tho.

Back