• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hm, I'm willing to bet it's based off France. You don't coincidently have an Eiffel Tower, a French looking protagonist, and bolts coming from the French region. It wouldn't make sense if it was based anywhere else. But, still, nothing confirmed.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hm, I'm willing to bet it's based off France. You don't coincidently have an Eiffel Tower, a French looking protagonist, and bolts coming from the French region. It wouldn't make sense if it was based anywhere else. But, still, nothing confirmed.

I think it's based off of Europe in general, with France, or more particularly Paris (lol Paras) being one city.

Makes me think if Paras will make an appearance in these games.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yeah, I'm thinking that new region will actually be based off Paris in France in Pokémon X and Y, like how Unova was based off New York City in Pokémon Black/White.

So I'm guessing that it will be in Paris rather than the entire country of France. ;)

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
I wonder if there will be some french text in the games? Who knows, we all might learn some french.

It'd be cool to see some "French" speaking, but I don't want it to be the point to where you have to understand the actual language or open a translator to understand the particular person. But seeing a lot of people similar to Meister from DPPt who are from various countries, would be great, especially if they become permanent NPCs.

Platinum Lucario

Years
I wonder if there will be some french text in the games? Who knows, we all might learn some french.

Who knows? We might actually see some French, along with other various languages probably in a Game Freak building or something, like it was in Castelia City in the Unova region?

It would be interesting to see something like that return in Pokémon X and Y.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
If anything, any French references will be subtle and localizable for the French version, since the joke would be lost there. Or just not exist at all, the same way there was no English n the US-based Unova outside of the English versions.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Hmm that's an interesting prospect, and could be possible. Also, I'd love it if there was French in the game, since I'm learning it and all, as well as being quite a widely spoken langauges, I mean c'mon, who doesn't know what bonjour means? It would be really interesting.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
All I recall is that Fantina is from Sinnoh... but nothing about her, so imma assume she's French! Nevertheless, I hope there's other people from other regions in this region, because in B/W I didn't really enjoy Cynthia, and if another Sinnoh character has a "role" in these games I will be sad :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
All I recall is that Fantina is from Sinnoh... but nothing about her, so imma assume she's French! Nevertheless, I hope there's other people from other regions in this region, because in B/W I didn't really enjoy Cynthia, and if another Sinnoh character has a "role" in these games I will be sad :(
Fantina actually came to Sinnoh before, she was never originally from there. I think it'd make a lot of sense to give her an appearance, or at the very least, a mention since the region seems to be based off of France and she did speak pieces of French in DPPt and the anime.

Cynthia seems like GameFreak's favorite character nowadays. I think they're very proud of her. Hard to say if she'll show up or not. If she does, then I hope she has deeper ties to the region more so than in Black and White. Same goes for any one who should make a cameo really, so it doesn't feel like they're just there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I hope she doesn't appear, ugh. :( She was so boring and seeing her appearing AGAIN. If anyone from the last games, I'd want Alder, or Iris 'cause they were motivational and stuff :3 Plus they were interesting characters as opposed to Cynthia who is... not sticking out in my mind lmao :x

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
One awesome thing would definitely be character customisation. If they added that my head would blow up and paint the walls with brain matter because of the immense excitement!
Ew.

*laughs at the thought of possible new brain matter wall decoration in the future* xD xD
You win three Internetz.

I think it's based off of Europe in general, with France, or more particularly Paris (lol Paras) being one city.

Makes me think if Paras will make an appearance in these games.
Paris is one city and home to the Eiffel Tower. Many France residents will point out they live in other cities. France could very well be the region, or a body of water introduced that splits France and England.

Blasphème! Pourquoi voudriez-vous utiliser un jeu Pokémon comme professeur de langues?

I would support Fantina appearing as having some sort of role.

Cyclone

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As someone mentioned a lot earlier, I wonder if Fantina is from this region?

Yeah, that's what I posted a few pages back. I think it'd be a neat connection!

As for French references, I'd get them! I've taken four years of French, lmao. I'd like to just play the game entirely in French honestly. Anyone know if the Canadien French version will be compatible with my 3DS? I know they're region locked, but if the region is still North America, it would still play right?

Also, if there are French references, I hope it's not the silly broken French that Fantina used in DPPt. I'm fine with what BW did by having people just speak entirely in French or speak in French, then say it again in English (or in whatever language the game is in). That would be neat. Just not the broken mess. A bit annoying. Like you don't see me running around here like TRES BIEN GUYS.

blue

gucci
Years
It would be cool if she got promoted to an Elite Four member, that would be a great way to connect the games and a neat surprise. Either way She's mentioned to come from another region, speaks French in most versions, and since it's hinted that the new region is based off of France, the idea certainly plausible.

plat_fantina.gif

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

Years
In the new region in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, it would actually be nice to see some old Gym Leaders making a return. Who knows? We might even see Fantina in the new region, knowing that she speaks in a few words that are French. She probably might make a cameo appearance in the game, and probably not to battle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back