• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] F13rC Pulse's Fakedex

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Hello All.
I'm giving myself a challenge to see how far I can go with creating my own Fakedex.
I'll post pics of my Fakemon, their Fakedex entries and some sprites I've made based on them here.

Included will be some of the experiences/difficulties and whatnot I had making the images, and additional information about some of the Fakemon families like unique abilities/moves.
I'm going to include both Prehistoric typing (Strong type akin to Dragon) and the new Fairy type while omitting Normal typing.

I'll also keep a tally of the total Fakemon I've plotted out - Planned typing/General Design/Named - and Fakemon I've completed Fakedex entries for - Scanned/Relined/Colored/Dexed.

Plotted Tally:
Spoiler:

Note: The Tally does count Dual Type Fakemon twice, so I've placed the total number in as well.
I have many more in my head, just need to get them drawn acceptably before they're "acceptable" for this list.

Fakedex Tally: 4

Tumbleweed Line (replaces Victreebel line)
Spoiler:

Ankylosaur Line (replaces the Golem line)
Spoiler:

Please feel free to comment on any of my Fakemon for things you like and things you feel that could be improved.

Updates:
Musdkal and Mallank reuploaded with more effort

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I really love that Prehistoric line!
It keeps with the evolution nicely, like, it doesn't just get bigger over time. It actually has changes to it's main body, changing stuff here and there, and I think that's how Fakes should evolve :D
So, design wise it seems you got an awsome style, and reading those fun little facts shows that you really are putting alot of effort into making these guys!

There's really nothing for you to improve on creatively, you seem to have that down. But I noticed that alot of them, like the grass one, seems to be drawn "scribbly". I have no idea if that's how you intended it to be though, but the lines have alot of bumps in them :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
It keeps with the evolution nicely, like, it doesn't just get bigger over time. It actually has changes to it's main body, changing stuff here and there, and I think that's how Fakes should evolve :D
So, design wise it seems you got an awsome style, and reading those fun little facts shows that you really are putting alot of effort into making these guys!

There's really nothing for you to improve on creatively, you seem to have that down. But I noticed that alot of them, like the grass one, seems to be drawn "scribbly". I have no idea if that's how you intended it to be though, but the lines have alot of bumps in them :P
Thanks, I really enjoyed making the Ankylosaur line.
When it comes to evolutions, the features that stay the same are usually just a few signs of maturity or features that are slightly enhanced in size and detail, if that at all.

When it comes to getting the general shape of the Fakemon down, I think that's where I have the least trouble, but I wouldn't consider any of these Fakedex entries to have the best linework/cleanest look.
I'm aiming to make the entries either tie into the Fakemon's abilities, attacks, capabilities and habits.

Some of the bumps and some of the scribbles carried over from the sketches I made, and some of them are from not aiming for perfection when I lined over them in Photoshop.
I might remake some of them with more accuracy, but for now consider anything I sprite to be the most 'official' of the artwork. (comparing Musdkal's hastily made artwork with its sprite, that'd be why)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there F13rC Pulse! Glad to see you've found your way to A&D! :D How long have you been drawing?

Definitely an interesting gallery you've got here. Before I get going on a critique though, I'd like to ask what kind of program are you using for coloring? Do you have a tablet? I ask this because your linework is on the messier side, as Sunfished stated. It's not bad, by any means, but it's inconsistent. Unless, of course, that's deliberate due to the "bumpier" nature of your fakemon.

Anyway, the other thing I noticed, (again, unless they're supposed to look like that) it's that you need to draw the fourth leg on your quadrupedal pokemon. They all only have three legs. Your shading/highlighting seems to be a tad inconsistent as well. For example, the lighting on Wrecguirus seems to be emanating from the top-middle of the picture, yet you have highlighting on the right side of the rear leg. That's not a bad thing, as every artist had a different style of shading; but if you're going for a more realistic feel than you need to get a grasp on some of your basics. It seems to me like you have a complex and advanced level of design, but not all of the artistic fundamentals down. Brush up on those things (lighting/depth/texture-- things like that) and I guarantee you'll surprise yourself! :)

It seems like the emphasis of this gallery is on continuity and completion. I like that a lot. The art end of a pokedex is fantastic, but it's by no means the definition of a pokedex in it's entirety. I really hope you continue to update this with more unique abilities/attacks/information/sprites and stuff like that to make this gallery a complete unit. Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2016
Hello Alexial357!
I've been casually drawing for more than several years, but it has been a more of an off and on thing in terms of what I typically drew: tiny sketches of various animals/creatures in a crude, thick-line style.
I do use Photoshop for these and I am using a tablet, however due to the feedback I'm getting I'd like to revamp the four I've done to see if I can clear up some of the mistakes I've made.

Right now I'm working on Musdkal again, removing the really large bumps and using straighter, thinner, more consistent lines.
I'll also play around with colors and shading a bit more on each of them.

Any other advice you can give will be appreciated.
Thanks!

Here's the new Musdkal, updated the first post.
Spoiler:

Now including an updated Mallank:
Spoiler:

I'd like to hear what you guys think to know if I'm going in the right direction with these edits.

Last edited:
Back