• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to make a in battle cutscene with audio and dialogue

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
This was one of the things that I have been trying to figure out for the longest time, and it was to add dialogue and audio to play during a battle after a set amount of turns. Or when something key happens, like when a Pokemon faints or what-have-you. If there is a way to go about doing this, I would be more than happy to know. Because I have been set on finding out how this can work for very specific and and very plot heavy battles where the characters talk to each other.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016

I was thinking about this script as well, but, it doesn't allow me to call dialogue in the middle of battle, rather it works for when your opponents last Pokemon is sent out. I would need it to call dialogue whenever a set amount of turns pass, and also at the beginning of a battle. Also, does it allow me to play individual audio files on command? Because I need to have certain sound effects play during these scenes? How would I go about doing that exactly? Because, when I look at it, it plays music, but again, at their last Pokemon.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I was thinking about this script as well, but, it doesn't allow me to call dialogue in the middle of battle, rather it works for when your opponents last Pokemon is sent out. I would need it to call dialogue whenever a set amount of turns pass, and also at the beginning of a battle. Also, does it allow me to play individual audio files on command? Because I need to have certain sound effects play during these scenes? How would I go about doing that exactly? Because, when I look at it, it plays music, but again, at their last Pokemon.

He said it may help you, so you need to edit that for you needs, you can add message, add special audio.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
He said it may help you, so you need to edit that for you needs, you can add message, add special audio.

Alrighty, I edited the script, but how do I repeat the commands, like, "PbSEPlay," and "PbPokemonCount," so that in a battle multiple lines are able to play as well as multiple sound effects?

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
I'm still having trouble adding repeatable SE's and bringing up dialogue at multiple points.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I'm still having trouble adding repeatable SE's and bringing up dialogue at multiple points.
In any class (like PokeBattle_Battle), you can initialize global variables like '@insertthevariablenamehere=false' at 'def initialize'. Use it as game switches.

If you have trouble with this, you can use even the game switches with the command '$game_switches[INSERTSWITCHNUMBERHERE]'.

Back