• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best Movesets for Dialga, Toxicroak, Honchkrow, Luxray and Gengar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Hello, the main ones I am struggling with are Dialga and Honchkrow. I'll get the easy ones out of the way first.

For Toxicroak, I have all of his moves set except for one slot (which currently has faint attack). I want to replace that with either EQ or stone edge; which is more worth it in terms of coverage? (For reference, his other slots are: x-scissor, poison jab, and brick break) I want to utilize his attack as much as possible since he has horrible defense. (As a side note, none of these pokemon are being designed for team battling, just in general)

As for Gengar, I also have every slot set except for one (which currently holds nightshade). I was thinking of putting either sludge bomb or psychic (for reference, his other attacks are: shadow ball, thunderbolt, and dark pulse). He obviously has a very high SpA, so sludge bomb seems logical; but psychic provides coverage. Which should I choose?

For Luxray, I yet again have all his slots locked in (spark, iron tail, and crunch) except for one, which has discharge. I know he can learn great moves thru breeding, but I'd rather not do that; I also do not prefer charge; what I want is something that will utilize his high attack as well; any suggestions?

Now that those are out of the way, I'll start with Honchkrow. I have fly and dark pulse which I plan on keeping, but the other two I am not sure. The other two are night slash (I chose dark pulse over this due to a higher SpA) and wing attack; I'd like a better flying attack if possible (was thinking of aerial ace) and another possibility could be steel wing; suggestions?

Last but not least, we have the wonderful Dialga. These are the following moves I am considering for him:
Earth power (depending on whether i use EQ)
Aura sphere (this is a definite)
Flash cannon
Dragon pulse (better than dragon claw due to more damage and Dialga has a very high SpA)
Roar of time (for the record, I am straying away from Draco meteor as wonderful as it is, not a fan of the aftermath of it)
Thunder (again, this is not being engineered for a team since it seems like it would be for a rain team)

If you have any suggestions for combinations or maybe other moves that weren't listed, don't be afraid to speak up; thank you for whomever helps me out with these multiple dilemmas.

~ Slim

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2013
well, gengars a huge sweeper. having no defense at all, itd be best to give it a sweeping moveset such as shadow ball, sludge bomb, psychic, and focus blast (that was mine on a heartgold run) honchkrow is tricky. id say dark pulse, aerial ace, and steel wing is...ok. give it a status move maybe also. like swagger. for your luxray, id suggest facade. one last thing: if youre going to create a coverage toxicroak, give it poison jab, brick break, sucker punch, and ice punch. the last two cover all it weaknesses. hope i helped

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hey there SlimShady, unfortuantely threads asking for team help (in-game or competitive) don't belong here. These types of threads are best suited in the Battle Center. From the looks of it I'm going to assume this is an incomplete team as well as an in-game team and so, your request for help would be better off here in the In-Game Team Help Thread. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'll be more than happy to help you out. 8)

And with that, I'll close this up.

[ Closed ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back