• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Years
The only aspect of the fourth I liked was multiplayer. I'm not sure why that only existed in that one.

As for the first three, I have those on PC. My favorite is the third (so fun) but the second and first are good too.

Flipendo is so dumb, but I liked come of the other spells they created (glacius, carpe retractum, spongify, lapafors, draconifors or whatever it's called)

Oh spongify. :D

Barrels

The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Years
Well, until they make Hogwarts: Th' Game for PS3/360/Wii, we'll just have to be content with the older games... /sadface

Did anyone ever play the Game Boy Color games? Lord I fell in deep and platonic love with those. I'm with y'all on open-world utterly pwning story-driven - the best part of the first two games (and to an extent the third) was the freedom to do whatever you wanted: that experience of being a student at Hogwarts. Which is why they need to get a shuftie on with H:TG! Warning: incoming daydream alert...

It wouldn't be a MMORPG - nope, the other students would all be CPUs, with lots and lotsa different dialogues all penned by Rowling herself. Like KOTOR! But more. You'd customise your character model to within inches of your true actual self and roam the castle, engaging in midnight escapades whenever you wanted. Also Peeves! There'd be new characters - a new Defence Professor, for sure, this all taking place after the War. And new enemies - not Voldemort, more Malfoy-esque, perhaps based in more hidden Slytherin-y chambers within the castle itself.

After a week you'd know nearly all the secret passages, and use them more frequently than the stairs. There'd be sidequests ad infinitum - some issued by teachers, some not. All the Pottermore content would be there in some shape or form, naturally, and you'd be Sorted, getting to explore all the House-specific areas that Harry never saw. Maybe you'd pick up an adoring house-elf somewhere along the line; maybe you'd strike up a friendship with Hagrid. And Quidditch would finally, finally be fleshed out into a full PES-type sub-game.

There would be an overarching good vs. evil story - but you wouldn't have to complete it if you didn't want to. Most students aren't Harry, after all. Smaller victories, like escaping detentions or duelling Prefects might suffice. There'd be a few cameos from existing Potter celebrities, and Hermione would be back for her seventh year as you started your second or third, but mostly you'd splash happily about in the deluge of new characters. Including the twenty-or-so NPCs available for you to pick and choose your best friends from.

Oh, and you wouldn't have to be good. Slytherin or no, the option would be open to play as an utter scumbag from start to finish. Backstabbing, manipulating, political swerving: the floor would be yours. It'd be as close to actually attending Hogwarts as you could ever reasonably get.

...But we won't see it, I shouldn't think. Not in this lifetime. If only cos the effort required to make the game everything it should be would take twice as long.

*slopes off to cry in a corner*

EDIT: Also, proper voice acting. You'd sidestep the problem of spending all the budget on millionaire movie stars just by having an all-new cast of characters (though Emma Watson or bust), but it goes without saying, really, that this version of Hogwarts would be as immersive as it gets.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Jorah said:
Flipendo is in Pottermore, so I take it it is a canon spell now. I actually liked Flipendo...I like hitting random people with it XD Then again, I do that in most games where you have a gun and are able to shoot random citizens XD

Haha I did that too, all the time - until the third game where you could use any spell you wanted at any time and then I'd constantly run around as Hermione using the freezing spell because it looked the coolest XD

My problem with it though is that it wasn't a real spell. It was never referenced anywhere in the books and it was just a convenience spell for the games. It also bugs me because they could have just as easily used Relashio, which Harry used for Flipendo-y purposes in Book 4.

Barrels said:
Masterful post of wonder

That... I don't even... that sounds like the perfect game. I literally cannot think of a better game than that in the entire world. It'd be like... Skyrim, but in the Potter world. I love that idea so much! I'm just gonna copy and paste your post directly into an email to every gaming company that ever lived. IN FACT! Kura works for a game company, I'm sending this into work with her! We can make this happen, people!

Though unfortunately on a more serious not I think you're right; it never would happen :(. Particularly if Book of Spells is any indication of the future of Potter gaming.

Barrels

The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Years
I'd buy that game, Barrels...
Cheers. :D And it's not as if it wouldn't make bucketloads of cash! Why hasn't an idea like that at least been pitched to WB/Rowling?

Though unfortunately on a more serious note I think you're right; it never would happen :(. Particularly if Book of Spells is any indication of the future of Potter gaming.
Mmm, yes, but... Book of Spells is only the latest product to emerge from this mysterious partnership between Rowling and Sony. I've a sneaking suspicion that, in return for hosting Pottermore (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any adverts/other profiteering devices on the site), Sony managed to bargain for a ton of new Potter exclusives they could release later down the line. SO MAYBE, IS ALL I'M SAYING. And it's not as if the tech doesn't exist - just get Bethesda to make it! :P

Shining Raichu

Years
I truly hope you're right, though if the deal they've inked has some sort of exclusivity clause attached then it puts a dampener on any other companies making any Potter games. And to be honest I don't trust Sony whatsoever lol.

On the subject of A Casual Vacancy, aaaaaaa I'm still so excited! I read that it's released in 50-something days. I'm rushing to finish The Hungers Games so I can read it the second it comes out (I always finish a book before I start a new one).

I'd never get the Kindle version though. Books are meant to be books /traditionalist

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
What house would you like to be in?: Ravenclaw
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Ash, 12 3/4, Phoenix Feather, Unyielding
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: yellow

Shining Raichu

Years
Welcome, DiamondBlueMoon! Adding you onto the Ravenclaw list now. Feel free to join in the discussion :D

GolurkIsDaBomb said:
I was wondering, anyone ever been to Harry Potter World? Mmm butterbeer...

No, I haven't been myself - but my sister went when she went to America last year and she brought me back a ton of awesome stuff. I got a huge chocolate frog, a Marauders Map, a Time-Turner keyring, McGonagall's wand, and tons of other stuff!

I'll take a picture of it all some time, I can't be bothered right now :P

I also went to the Harry Potter Exhibition back in November when it was in Sydney, that was awesome. I think the most trippy part of the entire experience was seeing the outfit Harry wore when he faced Voldemort in The Philosopher's Stone. I don't think anybody appreciates just how truly tiny that boy was until they see that thing lol.

Shining Raichu

Years
So guys, look what I got!

mtg6P.jpg

It's cooler than you could possibly imagine.

Shining Raichu

Years
Hidden features on the discs themselves? :O I'm gonna have to Google those suckers and find them all!

Also has anybody got The Casual Vacancy, JK's latest book? I got to the store like 9 minutes before it closed at 9pm on Thursday night just to get my copy. I haven't had the chance to read very far yet but I'm like ten pages in and I'm seeing that it's most definitely a JK-style book already. It even smells like a JK Rowling book... you know, superior? It's also set out exactly like the HP books font and spacing wise. Not that that matters, it just brings up a lot of nostalgia :P

Shining Raichu

Years
Politics is definitely part of it, but on a smaller scale as it's local politics (contained within the small town of Pagford). But from what I've heard her say, she's delved into many different types of relationships for this type of book and she has some profound things to say with it, so I'm looking forward to reading it!

The way I described it just now is probably wildly inaccurate (and made it seem dull - I didn't do it justice whatsoever) but I'm only on page 10 so far!

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I can't believe I didn't see this club decades ago.

What house would you like to be in?
Gryffindor, of course.
Wand Description Walnut, 10 3/4 inches, Dragon Heartstring, unyielding. Bought it from Ollivander's.
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat ... Yellow!

Za_Destroyer

hmmm yes I drive gud
Years
What house would you like to be in?: Ravenclaw, please
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Hemlock wood, 12 inches long, unicorn hair core.
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: Into chocolate Jello!

Man, I love Harry Potter...I read the whole book series...:rambo: Good times...

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2013
What house would you like to be in?: What the hell is a Hufflepuff?
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core)
: 9.8 inches, any type of wood, hippogriff wing.
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...
: YELLOW!

Looks pretty cool; love the Harry Potter series, especially the third and seventh. =D

Totodilesteel99

Lord of Awesomeness
Years
I'm in!
I love Harry Potter, and have readed all 7 before i was 9
House: I'm intelligent and learn quickly so... Ravenclaw!
Wand: Pheonix Feather, Hemlock Wood, 10 Inches.
I love HP.
Though Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson was bad In my Opinion.
I like Nevile when he cut of the snakes head in Deathly Hallows part 2.
I'm awesome! Is what i think Nevile says in his mind when he does it.

Shining Raichu

Years
Welcome to Laugh, Za_Destroyer, thisguy647 and Totodilesteel99!

Now, we have some business to take care of.

Totodilesteel99 said:
Though Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson was bad In my Opinion.

tumblr_m81fi9MjRL1r91teso3_500.gif

tumblr_m89k3epmRS1rx73xvo1_500.gif

You must explain yourself. What was wrong with them? WHAT DID THEY DO WRONG? They were marvellous! :(

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Well, I know a lot of people aren't fans of Emma for her eyebrow acting... :P

lol I know I'm the only one who still cares but the final chapters of CoS are up on Pottermore today...

Back