• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon that you don't evolve into final stage

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
The only Pokémon I'm reluctant to evolve is Glameow, but I evolve pretty much everything as early as I can. I'm all for evolution.

I've seen a guy use Duosion with Eviolite but the gain in defenses is not very big compared to Reuniclus.

Pikachu dies to Tackle. I've always been a fan of Raichu. However, after the 3rd gen introduced EVs (which sort of reduced overall defense of offensive Pokémon) you might as well use Pikachu, they both die quickly, although Raichu is faster.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I don't evolve my Scythers, because I'm like "What's the point?" Yeah, those weaknesses suck, but I can work around them with a 105 base speed stat.

Oh, and errr......Porygon, because I prefer that vintage look, hah. Not like I'm gonna use it in competitive battle, anyway.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Just remembered another one.... Mienfoo! many times I have issues whether to evolve it or not - I did evolve my only shiny though. Its that 'meditating' pose it makes that I really love - it almost looks as if its praying. Its the red/blue 'fur' that keeps from making the decision of evolution or not.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I normally evolve everything, though I'm not a fan of evolving Nidorina and Nidorino. I really like them and I either don't evolve them at all or just wait a really long time. But I have them both on my Blue team I believe...no plans to evolve either of them. I also dislike evolving Quilava because it's one of my favorites and its design is really nice and I can scoop it up and hug it and I can't scoop up a Typhlosion u kno.

Also want to note I got really upset when my Torchic in Sapphire evolved...lol. I love that line though, but at the time the gen was new and I wasn't used to all the Pokemon yet and I loved my Torchic so I was like ".........what no......YOU CAN'T.......TORCHIC NO WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY"

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't evolve my shiny Pokemon. Well, I did evolve a Chikorita, but that was just stupid.

If, for some reason, I'm training a Munchlax, I don't let it evolve. I just don't like Snorlax as much. I:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Pidgey for exactly the same reason.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've never evolved any of my Pikachus like most people have said. Mainly because I'm too lazy to find a THunderstone or flip through my bag to find one, but also since I prefer Pikachu's adorable design over Raichu's. Raichu is a nice electric-type but the Light Ball gives Pikachu an advantage, cuteness and power-wise.

Oh and I never evolve my Wingulls usually. They're just so adorable and I can't let them evolve for some strange reason. Also because I'm really fond of Mr Briney and him screaming "WROOOOAR PEEKO", might of contributed. I sometimes let Wingulls evolve but usually I don't unless I absolutely have to. :<

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Lol I evolve all of my Pokemon. They look cute when they're young, but they're normalyl better when evolved. :p

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I've only done this once. On my first Generation V game. When I caught Joltik, I pressed B every time she attempted to evolve in Gavantula. I made a promise when I started that save. "I will not evolve my Joltik." Obviously I discovered the repercussions of not letting her evolve, especially during the Elite Four encounters >_>. Anyway, now I have her in Black 2, still there looking cute as a button. While I was training her to level 100 in Black 2, there were several times I almost threw in the towel and let her evolve. But at the last moment, I had a change of heart and hit B again. Forever my Joltik. :'3

Years
The only Pokemon I've refused to evolve was Quilava. It still looks relatively adorable, and has a higher battle capacity than Cyndaquil does. Typhlosion is strong, sure, but it looks terrifyingly ferocious. Other than that, I evolve basically every Pokemon I capture. With the exception of Pikachu...maybe... {XD}

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I normally evolve everything, I can't remember stopping the evolution process in recent memory.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I don't evolve Pokemon that need certain stones, as they tend to stop learning moves once you use the stone on them (good example of this is Growlithe, which gets good moves like Extremespeed and Flamethrower pretty late on, as when you evolve it into Arcanine immediately, it will halt the process of learning new moves).

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
Long ago, I would play Red or Yellow. The Pokemon evolve from trading was impossible for me since nothing was online, and no cable. I would have my Geodude or even Graveler on my team and not have Golem. Haha :)
Also, found a Lv. 76 Pikachu in my PC storage in my Blue version recently. lol
Otherwise, I do evolve my Pokemon. If Pokemon were to be real I think twice more than playing the actual game and not evolve my pet...

Years
There are many Pokemon I don't evolve into their final stage, mainly due to design. For Starters, most of the Starters. The entire First Gen I like the second forms best, 2nd Gen: I keep Chikorita and Quilava, 3rd Gen: Grovile and Marshtomp. I don't really care for any of the 4th Gen. Then in the 5th Gen I like Dewott Best.
Mainly though, Sneasel, which is my favorite Pokemon in general, and absolutely refuse Wevile.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Sometimes I don't for things like challenges. Actually it's normally for things like challenges. Otherwise I think other than my Marshtomp (who I did evolve into a Swampert before I restarted Ruby but whatever) all the Pokemon on my main teams are fully evolved. However, if I felt like it there are plenty of Pokemon that I would not evolve such as Quilava, Aipom, Pikachu, Litwick, etc etc because I like their design more than their final evolution's.

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
Years
I usually evolve all my pokemon but two I refuse to is Rhydon and Electabuzz. Those two are just awesome pokemon with cool designs, and their evolutions . . . . ya I just can't stand them.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Most of the time I don't evolve my Pidgey, just because I really want it to stay as it is. Naturally this means it won't work well as part of my main team as I get further in the games, but whatever man, can't let go of my Pidgey >:O

Years
If I have a spare Pikachu, I never want to evolve it because I wanted to be like Ash at one point. And usually if it's a male, I do evolve a female into Raichu though.

Back