• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
This could completely revolutionize challenges.

Okay well I'm not sure to classify this as a challenge but...

The Pokemon Stock Market League

Okay, I know what you're thinking. WTF does Stock Market have to do with Pokemon?

Well basically you have 10 people all with 6 Pokemon.
Every week the Challenge hoster posts a list of qualities, assigning points for a Pokemon having these qualities.

For example if the Qualities were...

-Fire Type
-Water Type
-Grass Type

Then Player one who has the team:

Mudkip
Pikachu
Dragonite
Ralts
Charizard
Ludicolo

Gets 4 points, Because Charizard has fire, Mudkip is a water type and Ludicolo is both water and grass.

Here's the catch, the qualities are ever-varying and unique, the qualities to gain points are changed every new Quality post, EXCEPT, and this is a big except, 1 quality from the previous post will carry over, so you have to know what Pokemon to keep.

Now you may "Trade" Pokemon with others. If you don't have wi-fi or are playing a gen 3 or below game in your league you just trade rights. This means that if Player 1 trades Player 2 his electabuzz for Player 2's Aggron, than player 1 must catch and aggron and Player 2 must catch electabuzz. And all rights are individual so duplicate's are allowed because there are rights to each individual Pokemon, so Player 1's aggron isn't the same as Player 2's aggron. Also you may change the moveset of a Pokemon you get in a trade, as certain moves may get your Pokemon points.

If someone really wants one of your Pokemon, then SELL IT. In this league you can do a SELL RIGHTS TRADE. You sell your Pokemon's rights for x amount of points. Its basically the same as a trade, but 1 player gets some points from it as well as a Pokemon.

Rules:

No Lying. Proof is not needed but more people will trust you if you have it.
No Legendaries or Hax0red Pokemon so Don't even bother asking.
Up to 10 People in each League
Everyone in the league MUST be playing the same game (but counterparts are okay, R/B G/S R/S FR/LG D/P and HG/SS is what I mean by counterparts)
NO PRIVATE TRANSACTIONS, all trading must be done on the thread.
Players calaculate their own points, but the host will double-check if he feels the need to.
The Player with the most points at the end wins the league.

If you are interested, VM me
and if Sydian is reading this, please tell me where this should go.

ThaWinnerGON

Backpacker
Years
Here's one I'm attempting at the moment---

Gift Pokemon Run

I'm sure someone already posted that, but I really don't feel like going through 10 pages of thread to make sure.

I think it's easiest in HG/SS, where you get a decent amount of Gift Pokemon.
Pretty much only the pokemon you get as gifts can be what you use, for your team and as HM slaves. No trading, catching, safari zoning, etc. So eggs, lying-on-tables-to-grab, starters, and the sort are the only ones you can use.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
This could completely revolutionize challenges.

Okay well I'm not sure to classify this as a challenge but...

The Pokemon Stock Market League

Okay, I know what you're thinking. WTF does Stock Market have to do with Pokemon?

Well basically you have 10 people all with 6 Pokemon.
Every week the Challenge hoster posts a list of qualities, assigning points for a Pokemon having these qualities.

For example if the Qualities were...

-Fire Type
-Water Type
-Grass Type

Then Player one who has the team:

Mudkip
Pikachu
Dragonite
Ralts
Charizard
Ludicolo

Gets 4 points, Because Charizard has fire, Mudkip is a water type and Ludicolo is both water and grass.

Here's the catch, the qualities are ever-varying and unique, the qualities to gain points are changed every new Quality post, EXCEPT, and this is a big except, 1 quality from the previous post will carry over, so you have to know what Pokemon to keep.

Now you may "Trade" Pokemon with others. If you don't have wi-fi or are playing a gen 3 or below game in your league you just trade rights. This means that if Player 1 trades Player 2 his electabuzz for Player 2's Aggron, than player 1 must catch and aggron and Player 2 must catch electabuzz. And all rights are individual so duplicate's are allowed because there are rights to each individual Pokemon, so Player 1's aggron isn't the same as Player 2's aggron. Also you may change the moveset of a Pokemon you get in a trade, as certain moves may get your Pokemon points.

If someone really wants one of your Pokemon, then SELL IT. In this league you can do a SELL RIGHTS TRADE. You sell your Pokemon's rights for x amount of points. Its basically the same as a trade, but 1 player gets some points from it as well as a Pokemon.

Rules:

No Lying. Proof is not needed but more people will trust you if you have it.
No Legendaries or Hax0red Pokemon so Don't even bother asking.
Up to 10 People in each League
Everyone in the league MUST be playing the same game (but counterparts are okay, R/B G/S R/S FR/LG D/P and HG/SS is what I mean by counterparts)
NO PRIVATE TRANSACTIONS, all trading must be done on the thread.
Players calaculate their own points, but the host will double-check if he feels the need to.
The Player with the most points at the end wins the league.

If you are interested, VM me
and if Sydian is reading this, please tell me where this should go.
This is really appetizing. I wouldn't mind doing this league. Only question is: how long does the league go on for? Because it doesn't take me long to go through the games.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^myrrhman the league would probabl go on for a month or so. I haven't worked out all the kinks yet. I decided to make 2 different things out of it though. The League, which is kind of like Fantasy sports, where the main objective is to get points and win, and The Challenge where the main objective is to complete the game, following the stock market rules. I am planning on hosting it at the PokeMunch forums.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Like any challenge, it'd go in the, duh, Challenge Forum. Have fun trying to run that though. I can't even keep up with stocks irl.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I love the new title of this sticky :)
I got a LOT of challenge posting work to do!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^okay yeah you can help I wasn't sure to make it a challenge, a league, or both.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
I just have a great Idea that unfortunately, I cannot join in myself do to the fact that my only freed-up game is currently going through Nuzlocke. Anyways:

Challenge Arcade!

Here's how everything goes:

On your great journey, you go through the entire region of XXXX, battling gym leaders and beating the game as usual, however! Each time you defeat a gym leader, you must roll a dice! Each side is assigned to an event, mostly based off of other challenges, for instance:

1 Dot: Monotype. You can only use Pokemon that all share a certain type. Deposit all the Pokemon of the selected type that you cannot use for until you defeat the next gym. You cannot choose to use Pokemon of a type you do not currently posses. You may you HM slaves, though you can't use them in Battle.

2 Dots: Mono Move. Each Pokemon can only use one move out of their move pool for until the next gym is thwarted. Chose wisely, for you can only pick a move for each Pokemon once for until the after the gym. HMs can be used on the field of course, but not in battle if they're not the selected move!

3 Dots: Monoteam. You can only use your current team until you beat the next gym. If your team does not have six members, you can catch additional Pokemon to fill those empty slots, but remember, you can only fill to slots by catching new Pokemon.

4 Dots: Nuzlocke/Deathrun. You heard that right. From now until the next Gym is defeated, any Pokemon that faint are to be considered dead and must be released. Aside from that, you can only catch the first wild Pokemon you find in any given area you find, and of your existing Pokemon, you can only use one per each area caught. You also cannot use any Legendary Pokemon for until you defeat the gym, though you can still catch any you find, so long as you do not use them. Don't forget to set battle style to "SET" too! (And don't forget to set it back if you want to once the gym is over.) If you somehow manage to run out of Pokemon, Undo Nuzlocke and roll the dice until another event comes up. If you have only one Pokemon from each route, and they all die, you can keep the last Pokemon that fainted+all HM users and then proceed to reroll. HM slaves cannot die, but if they faint, they are permanently crippled and cannot be used in battle at all until after the next event.

5 Dots: No items. You cannot use any sort of item other then key items (excluding the Poke Flute for actions of healing Sleep) until the next Gym Leader is defeated. Fairly straightforward.

6 Dots: Double Challenge. You can only use Two Pokemon until the next gym is roflstomped. You can use HM slaves.

Don't worry, challenges don't stack and are reset each time you roll the dice. You also roll the dice one more time after you beat the Champion on certain games, though only in games where the Champion is not the last objective. The victory conditions for each game are:

Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/FireRed/LeafGreen: Beaten after you defeat Mewtwo.
Gold/Silver/Crystal: Beaten after you defeat Red.
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Beaten after you defeat Steven Stone.
Diamon/Pearl/Platinum: Beaten after you defeat Cynthia.
HeartGold/SoulSilver: Beaten after you defeat Red and Mewtwo.

Rules:

1.) No cheating/Hacking
2.) No Trading, accept for eggs, but limited to trading over one egg per playthrough!
3.) that is all!

This challenge can be easy or brutally difficult, but it's all based on chance!

Last edited:
Years
well to bring back a few, how about a No item challenge (you can still use pokecenters, but at a limited number of times), or the good ol' solo run, where you have to beat the game with only one pokemon battling (you'd need HM Servants, of course). try beating cynthia with a caterpie!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Well, I've got one I created, still haven't started on it myself yet though, I know I need to.
The No evolving challenge. Can't catch em' fully evolved, can't evolve em' past where you catch em'.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Hi...

Just wondering if I could restart the Local Area Habitat challenge, as I was unsure about thread necromancing it... It's the last one on the third page, and it's been nearly a month since anyone posted there. May I create a new thread, or no?

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
Hi...

Just wondering if I could restart the Local Area Habitat challenge, as I was unsure about thread necromancing it... It's the last one on the third page, and it's been nearly a month since anyone posted there. May I create a new thread, or no?
idk are you active?

i would start it myself, seeing as how it was my idea, but i'm having enough trouble with one challenge thread

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
well to bring back a few, how about a No item challenge (you can still use pokecenters, but at a limited number of times), or the good ol' solo run, where you have to beat the game with only one pokemon battling (you'd need HM Servants, of course). try beating cynthia with a caterpie!
No item sounds okay, as for solo.... its here. Just join up.

Well, I've got one I created, still haven't started on it myself yet though, I know I need to.
The No evolving challenge. Can't catch em' fully evolved, can't evolve em' past where you catch em'.
Has this not been created? I know at least one gen is created, but all of them combined might be a good idea. I've done this on Ruby.
Hi...

I'm pretty sure the general rule is that if it already exists and is updated, but nobody posts there, then its off limits. If, however, the OP hasn't updated in a while and people have posted, then just send the OP a quick message asking if you can run the challenge. If that's cool with him, then go ahead.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The habitat challenge was approved. I haven't seen the other one active for quite some time, so it's fine that there's a new one. However, joining in April of this year and having only 4 posts makes me wonder the new OP's activity level.

ALSOOOO. Tomorrow and Sunday I will finally have some time to work on my Favorite Challenge and update the thread. o3o I'm so bad at updating stuff it's not even funny. ):

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
A challenge where you must use all pokemon that have a single type, no Dual types allowed.
Example: Magmortar, Carnivine, Azumarill, Rampardos, Staraptor*, Raichu
*since there are no Pure flying types, Normal/Flying is allowed.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I want a challenge where I can't basically solo it. Only single types and Normal/Flyings? Solo with Blastoise w/ Pidgeot for backup against Venusaur. GSC? Kadabra/Machoke duo. 3rd gen? A little bit trickier, this would be the most fun. 4th? Main with Staraptor, have a couple of gents for backup (esp for Volkner and Candice). I really liked the Gym Disadvantage one, because you had to keep switching out your team. Make more like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back