• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Nova Luna - V5 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021

logo.png

[a id]Intro[/a id]INTRODUCTION
The Lunavi Region: A region full of exotic monsters known as Pokémon. Humankind plays with them, battles with them against others and they help each other. There has always been a balance between Pokémon and humans. The creatures were a major part of everyday live. Tournaments were held for the best "Pokémon Trainers". There were little serious issues in the world, aside from evil organizations and bad willing people wanting to use Pokémon to accomplish their goals. The world has been terrorized by the Pokémon-stealing gang Team Rocket, the continents have almost been changed by Team Magma and Team Aqua, a whole new world would have been created if Team Galactic had achieved their goals, an evil man would have dictated the world if his plan had succeeded… All these people have been stopped. Stopped, by a young, talented boy or girl with a passion for Pokémon. Now is the time for such a person to rise. Again.

Hi there! My name is P-Sign (AKA Pharetra) and I'm the lead developer of this fangame. Over the past few years I have been actively working on this project, thanks to your great support. It all started back in 2010, when I stopped ROM-hacking and learned about RPG Maker XP. Thanks to some good friends (Looking at you, Chris, Luka, Olivier and Ryan!) I learned quite a lot about the software and started working with Essentials. This game had a few different names in the past: first it was known as Pokémon Climate Clash, then Pokémon Deep Balance, and now, after a lot of visual updates and just as much updates to the storyline, it is known as Pokémon Nova Luna.

I have learned so much the last few years thanks to this project and I think I can say that I have become a way better artist and maybe person thanks to this fangame. I am very proud that I am able to present this to you and I hope you will have loads of fun playing it. Enjoy!

[a id]Story[/a id]STORYLINE
Our hero is a teenager living in the calm Neta Village. Our protagonist isn't the ordinary teenager though: His dad, a generous man admired by many, is one of the best Pokémon Trainers in the region. He has developed a strong bond with his Pokémon and made his way to the finals of the Pokémon League in the year 2017. He managed to win the tournament, not because of the raw power his Pokémon had, but because of their bond, stronger than diamond. He was The Champion for about a year. In 2018 he had to defend his title in the final of the Pokémon League. To everyone's surprise, businessman Duncan made it to the final battle. Duncan was known to be a decent Pokémon trainer, but good enough to come this far? The region was excited to see our hero's dad and Duncan go to the peak of Mount Vibal, Hawk's Peak, a legendary peak in the Vibal Mountain Range where Pokémon battles have been held for over a decade. Many Trainers became a legend on this peak.

lunaviregion.png

The Lunavi Region, a vast region with many different biomes.

This time, however, is different. Not in the way the battle went, it was very close. Duncan was holding its own against our hero's dad. No, it was different in the way it ended…

The Lurna Region has changed. All you see is peace, but that is a mere shadow from the truth. Fear, crime, danger: It's everywhere. Yet you do not see it. No one sees it.

Our hero emerges from the shadows of his or her father when he and Duncan disappear. Travelling through the whole Lunavi Region, our protagonist embarks on a journey. Bigger than he or she would have imagined.

On his adventure, our hero has to find out what in the world happened to his dad and his challenger. Defeat Pokémon Gyms, unravel mysteries and rescue your father. But watch out, as no one knows what awaits in the shadows…

[a id]Media[/a id]MEDIA

The trailer:

v5_by_p_sign-d6cuqp1.png

These screenshots are from Pokémon Nova Luna v5 and may contain content not included in v4.

A few YouTube users played Nova Luna v4. Watch their Let's Play's (Three different languages!) in this official Nova Luna playlist:

Playlist

[a id]Team[/a id]TEAM

profile_picture_by_p_sign-d63df8m.png

P-Sign / Pharetra

P-Sign/Pharetra is the lead developer, graphics artist, mapper, composer, eventer and coder.

-No other active members. If you would like to help me out, send me a PM
11.%20wink.gif

[a id]Progress[/a id]PROGRESS

Pokémon Nova Luna has reached the fifth milestone. Version 5 is now available for download.

Work for Version 6 will be resumed in a month.
Project is dead. See this post.

[a id]Downloads[/a id]DOWNLOADS

These download links are for Pokémon Nova Luna v5.

Mediafire - Pokémon Nova Luna Version 5

[a id]Credits[/a id]CREDITS

This game was made with help or resources from the following people. Please send me a PM if you're not on this list.

SCRIPTS
-------
Maruno
flameguru
Poccil
Carmaniac
Zinzags
Venom12
Smithor
Luka S.J.
F.L.

GRAPHICS
--------
Kyle-dove
Boomx-BiG
Ultimospriter
Xous54
Flaming Bravery
StarsOverCotesa
Clowcardruler
Major Pokemon Black and White Animation Ripping Project
Niknaks93
OceansLugiaSpirit
Veekun

Last edited:
Years
Can't download the the beta file because you have it set to private. Only you can see it on private, no one else. Please make a download link that everyone can download the beta please.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
Confirming what's said above,you need to change the settings of your download

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Cool dude I'm surprised I didn't post before.. thought i did.. anyways very nice job so far keep it up... but they are right your download is private...

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2012
Just ran into a bug in the beta: When I entered the elevator again in that Battle Challenge place before the first gym, going from B1F to B2F, I get stuck inside the elevator on the second basement floor.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
@above It's working on my xp lol.

Due to the lack of time thanks to the examinations I have played only for five minutes.There are few suggestions...
Well I am not a game developer like you guys so what I throw might be impossible :x
But I liked the game map very much, the only fault being that the sprites are off (but you happen to mention that you don't have a reg. spriter so that won't be much of a problem for the next versions hopefully).
I find the youngster battling the player very abrupt, a word of introduction is important?
Well at least something more than a "Hi let's fight."
Also this guy called Dennis happened to gift you a Pokemon.And isn't that something noteworthy? Then certainly your mother would happen to say something about something that important right?
A sentence of motivational speech or something?
Also in the scenario in which the weavile and Aggron battle the cries of Gliscor and Blaziken are heard.
I think it's supposed to be the cries of weavile and Aggron.
Here are their Pokedex Numbers(Weavile-461,Aggron-306)
Maybe you should consider adding sometime of pause at few points.Like your mom calling after you reach your new home,its very abrupt.
The Numel standing beside the old woman should say something when you talk to it right?
These are things I noticed while playing the five minutes.
Thank you, the things I pointed out are in the customer(/what ever the correct term is)'s point of view so I hope I am not asking you to something that's impossible to do.

The flaws I pointed out are simple and small ones which spoil the gamer's attention, I think your game has a great story line judging from the prologue.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I updated my windows 7 on my laptop, but still cant play the game :\

Did you try searching the error on Google?

@above It's working on my xp lol.

Due to the lack of time thanks to the examinations I have played only for five minutes.There are few suggestions...
Well I am not a game developer like you guys so what I throw might be impossible :x
But I liked the game map very much, the only fault being that the sprites are off (but you happen to mention that you don't have a reg. spriter so that won't be much of a problem for the next versions hopefully).
I find the youngster battling the player very abrupt, a word of introduction is important?
Well at least something more than a "Hi let's fight."
Also this guy called Dennis happened to gift you a Pokemon.And isn't that something noteworthy? Then certainly your mother would happen to say something about something that important right?
A sentence of motivational speech or something?
Also in the scenario in which the weavile and Aggron battle the cries of Gliscor and Blaziken are heard.
I think it's supposed to be the cries of weavile and Aggron.
Here are their Pokedex Numbers(Weavile-461,Aggron-306)
Maybe you should consider adding sometime of pause at few points.Like your mom calling after you reach your new home,its very abrupt.
The Numel standing beside the old woman should say something when you talk to it right?
These are things I noticed while playing the five minutes.
Thank you, the things I pointed out are in the customer(/what ever the correct term is)'s point of view so I hope I am not asking you to something that's impossible to do.

The flaws I pointed out are simple and small ones which spoil the gamer's attention, I think your game has a great story line judging from the prologue.
Thank you so very much for pointing these out! I really appreciate your criticism. All of these are fixed in the new version.

Just ran into a bug in the beta: When I entered the elevator again in that Battle Challenge place before the first gym, going from B1F to B2F, I get stuck inside the elevator on the second basement floor.
Fixed in the new version.

I've uploaded a new version of Pokemon Deep Balance, fixing the elevator bug and edited the stuff Dracoflare mentioned. It's pretty different from the previous release because I was already working on Beta 3. I didn't mean to release this new stuff to the public, but that probably doesn't matter ;) Tiles have been changed in this release, there is an overall better feel thanks to the updated palette, the changed music and some edited graphics. Some maps have been changed too, and the Pokemon sprites are now animated again :3
Download here:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/xy185vgn/Pokemon_Deep_Balance_B02202261.html

I had to use 4Shared for this release, the packages are getting way too big for MediaFire to handle xD Probably due to the animated sprites. If any of you now of a good replacement, please let me know :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2012
I got excited when the new version retained my save file. However, in order to get past the bug, I still had to restart. I must say, the beginning is much more well done (yay no misleading unclimbable staircase!)

Unfortunately, I ran into another, rather large bug: after the initial conversation with the mom, when the protag leaves the house, the sound cuts out and it has yet to come back for me. I don't personally mind playing without sound, but it's generally considered kind of important.

EDIT: Found another bug: now I cannot overwrite save games. It tells me that the save failed every time.

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I got excited when the new version retained my save file. However, in order to get past the bug, I still had to restart. I must say, the beginning is much more well done (yay no misleading unclimbable staircase!)

Unfortunately, I ran into another, rather large bug: after the initial conversation with the mom, when the protag leaves the house, the sound cuts out and it has yet to come back for me. I don't personally mind playing without sound, but it's generally considered kind of important.

EDIT: Found another bug: now I cannot overwrite save games. It tells me that the save failed every time.
That's rather strange. Are you sure your sound is turned on? If yes, can you press F1 while running the game and tell me if the "Play BGM and ME" box is ticked on?

Also, is there someone else with this error?

About the other bug, is the old savefile the savefile from an old version?
If it is, go to Users/[yournamehere]/Saved Games/Pokemon Deep Balance/ (assuming you're using Win7) and delete the files located there. The problem will probably be solved then. If it isn't there, search for Game.rxdata (make sure it's in a folder of Deep Balance!) and delete it.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I want to inform all of you that the Odd Keystone event will end tomorrow! Go to a Pokemon Center and boot the PC to the left. You will receive an Odd Keystone, which unlocks a certain event in a cave...

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
there's a problem with tha first trainer of the game, if you lose against him you appear in the house with your mom, and then you get stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back