• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon do you really like that many other people think is a fail Pokémon?

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
Years
I really like Vanillite and it's evolutions. It's basically Game Freak saying, "we can make whatever Pokemon we want whether you like it or not, because WE make the games, not you." Vanillite is a bold statement that speaks for the whole video game industry. It's them speaking out over all of our complaining. Vanillite truly means something.

Years
I heard bad things about Oshawott on Facebook (of all places) but since he's my very first starter I've always had a soft spot for the little guy. Plus he evolves into something fierce.

Chandelure seems to get hate from the genwunners (for obvious reasons) but I like him because his Sp. Attack is unusually high, and I haven't even taken the time to EV train mine.

Years
I don't know whether people would consider Butterfree a fail Pokemon or not, but it's no secret that it isn't all that good in battle, yet is still my favorite Pokemon. I even made it my mission in HeartGold to make Butterfree my main Pokemon, and it was shockingly effective when it had a 97.5% Sleep Powder accuracy thanks to CompoundEyes.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Could my #1 favorite Pokemon be a "fail" Pokemon? - (that would be) Watchog....
(I guess I will be one of it's few fans)

At least for me it's not. It really helped out in battles, helped me out with Elite 4, and helped out with the champion - with me it never fainted (it did get very low on many occasions but never actually fainted).

Along the way I keep reading that its only good for the first 2 or 3 gyms many other trainers just drop it in the box (something about stats?) - the other reason the eyes (which I don't see anything wrong with its cute eyes). Similar stuff with its pre-evo Patrat.

Years
I can't really say I hate any single pokémon. I find some a little silly but over time they have grown on me. I used to think Trubbish was silly and Garbordor was even worse. After thinking about it, that little guy is way better than its cousins Grimer and Muk. It goes from a trash bag to a landfill. I think it's actually creative.

Years
Well, several people have already mentioned Vanillite, which makes me happy, because I think it's adorable! Now, I'll be honest, when I first saw it I thought "An ice cream cone?! That's stupid!" But the little tyke grew on me, and I decided that the design was rather creative, a lot better than many first-gen Pokemon.

Also, RATTATA. It wouldn't normally be one of my favorites, but it was the first Pokemon I ever drew when I was a little kid, and Pokemon was what really got me interested in drawing in the first place, so it has a special place in my heart. I even trained the first one I caught in SoulSilver to level 100. <3

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
What Pokémon do you really like that many other Pokémon fans just say is a fail Pokémon or not to many people seem to like?

I've heard plenty of people call Reshiram a fail and I'm obsessed!!! so that would be mine...

People say Reshiram is a fail???? Its probably one of my favorite legendaries, if not of my FAVORITE legendary.

Back