• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta arange em all! PC Boxes

Kaizaer Dragonovian

Kaizaer Dragonovian
Years
I arrange by Type or Number. Usually by number so when I catchem all Ill know where each one is. 30 to a box and 18 boxes. 540 total which is why pokemon added the online boxing services

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Yesh i fell like the exseption O.o i sort my pc boxes solely by level. I'm not big into ev's or type matchups, so sorting by type or strength is worthless to me :/

For me it works like this: resently caught, 20up, 30up, 40up...

Lastly, the only pokemon that are "sorted" are last evo's ( i have 3 30up boxes )

Edit* forgot to mention that there is a separate box for legendaries :P

Altair1

Willpower
Years
i arrange my boxes and Pokemon by their National Dex Number. Box 1, 2 and 3 is named 'Kanto' 4, 5 and 6 is named 'Johto' and so on. The leftover boxes I have are reserved for certain Pokemon, this changes through different Gens. These certain Pokemon include EV trained, Shiny, Unown, Foreign, Event, etc.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 10, 2022
I normally go by tier like OU, UU, NU etc, and then by t'heir role i.e attacker, staller, sp.attacker etc.

Years
I usually do it by type, however when i start really filling up the national dex i start to do it by dex number, e.g. box 1 becomes 1-30, box 2 becomes 31-60 and so on. Though i don't think this is really possible now in X and Y with there being only 8 or boxes.. or do you get more later in the game or something? i assume not due to the pokemon bank though

Years
I should organize mine, but when I try it gets messed up easily. I organize by function, as I have a box for Pokemon that are designated to be traded, wonder traded, etc. I also have a box for Shinies as well as one (but I need to make more) for breeding spoils that I didn't release. Besides these boxes, my PC is a hot mess.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years
my boxes are as follows battle box (obviously), Level (for those that need leveling to evo), Stone (for those that need stones to evo), Baby (for my flame body poke and pokes i need prevo's from), Item (for evos/prevos that need items), Legendary, Shiny, Fodder, Fodder, Fodder, Fodder, Fodder...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
I catch and release, or evolve and release there's no sense in being a pokemon hoarder, otherwise you might end up on the poketele with all the other hoarders ^^

Ársa

k.
Years
I usually do it by type, however when i start really filling up the national dex i start to do it by dex number, e.g. box 1 becomes 1-30, box 2 becomes 31-60 and so on. Though i don't think this is really possible now in X and Y with there being only 8 or boxes.. or do you get more later in the game or something? i assume not due to the pokemon bank though

Once you completely fill the 8th box, you will unlock the 9th box. So on and so forth to.. 25 I think? Just move all of your pokemon into your last available box, log out and back into the PC. You should have more boxes.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I used to sort by level in the older games but that kind of got ridiculous as time went on. Now I do it by Regional Pokedex Number.

One thing I've always done though is reserve a box for legendaries, "legacy teams" (teams from older games that I've transferred over), "All Stars" (different teams for battling), and one for "Special" Pokemon (HM Slaves, 5 IV egg group mothers, event distros, etc.).

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
Years
One box for the pokemon I train.
One for shinies
One for legendaries
One for 4IV+ pokes

So the box with my pokemon in will be the last box I use, working backwards through. The rest are in random orders though traded/wondertraded pokemon are always after a blank box. I'll have say 3 boxes with pokemon I caught, a blank, then traded pokemon.

Years
I usually have a box for shinies and couple boxes for good Pokemon, and the rest of 15+ boxes are just random Pokemon I caught.

In X, I have a separate box for Vivillon patterns as well.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
I've never arranged my boxes until I get around 4 boxes or more of pokemon. I usually separate them by Type, so for this generation I'll separate them chronologically. xD

It's surprisingly fun organizing the pokemon lol

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I'm OCD about this.

Box 1 - Dragon Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 2 - Dark Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 3 - Fighting Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 4 - Fire Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 5 - Steel Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 6 - Poison Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 7 - Flying Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 8 - Water Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 9 - Electric Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 10 - Ground Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 11 - Ghost Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 12 - Rock Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 13 - Ice Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 14 - Normal Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 15 - Grass Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 16 - Bug Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 17 - Psychic Type (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 18 - Legendaries (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 19 - Dittos
Box 20 - Shinies (Arranged from highest to lowest level)
Box 21 - Anything that needs a home (Arranged from highest to lowest level, and type)

If anything gets out of whack, I have to fix it right then and there, or it will drive me insane. If I run out of room (Like in LG when I only had 14 boxes and over 100 tyranitars (it was a weird night.....)......), I send a lot of them over to any other games that have room. My Dragon, Dark, Fighting, and Legendaries box in Black are full..... Box 21 is close to being full, too. Most of them cant be transferred, either. I don't have X, Y, B2, or W2..... Yeah..... uh oh.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
I'm doing it by type. Since in X and Y you get 31 boxes I have 18 for each type, a box for legendaries, a box for shinies, a box for Vivillon forms and the rest is for breeding. After that the Pokemon are sorted by Dex number.
I change the wallpaper to whatever suits the box. For example, in my X game I've got Xerneas as the wallpaper for the legendaries box (when I get round to it, Yveltal will be the wallpaper in my Y game).

Years
I've attempted to arrange my boxes but with so many Pokemon to catch and no way for the PC to auto-arrange for you, it never went too far. Moving them yourself would take too long (especially for me since I catch everything). :( I kind of wish there was a way to select what box your caught Pokemon would be sent to (assuming you have six in your party and no room to keep another) since it'd make organization much easier.

Years
When my friend helped me cheat out what I didn't have in Gen IV, I arranged them by number and named the boxes Kanto 1, Johto 1, Johto 2 etc. I did the same thing in W2 and just the other day I started for Y to see which ones I didn't need to send to the bank.

Moving them yourself would take too long (especially for me since I catch everything).

I think it took me about an hour or so to arrange my pokemon in HG and W2. Ah, another thing, it's not a living pokedex but just evolved forms. (Scizor, Electivire Magnezone, stuff like that)

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I arrange my boxes by general terrain. The first box will be a forest and so contain all of the Pokémon typical to a forest, usually grass and bug types. The second will be a city, often electric, steel and sometimes poison types. So on and so forth. I usually have a box separate to contain Pokémon of particular importance such as past party members, legendaries and shinies.

Within each box I arrange them by Pokédex number. Getting the national Pokédex is always a pain. :c

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
boxes 1-3: random
box 4: hacked events
box 5: pokecreator pokemon (possibly merging with three)
box 6: some random pokemon I found yesterday (12)
box 7-14: unused
box 15: my bred turtwig
box 16: shinies
box 17: unown alphabet
box 18: box of fame (team members and legendaries)

Back