• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

UNDERGROUND: The Kanto Chronicles [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I see, but there's no need. XD I'm sure we can all determine who's saying what. <:

Anyways...

Jessica Stark is accepted!
She will receive 3 pins and 2 special items on arrival;

Fighting Gloves - A simple pair of fighting gloves. They do seem to pack quite a punch!
Fighting Boots - A simple pair of fighting boots. Wearing them gives you quite a kick!
player%20pin.png
000 The Player Pin - Proof that you are a player in the Reaper's Game. Pressing it lets you hear the thought fragments of those around you in the RG.
113.png
113 Chansey - The Egg Monster. Using this pin heals half of yours and your partner's health. Can only be used once per battle.
619 Mienfoo - The Martial Arts Monster. Using this pin increases your strength and gives you the knowledge for basic martial arts skills.
... though for Jessica, the Mienfoo pin only seems to work for her gloves and boots. How odd!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Awesome. So, out of curiosity, what's our goal for joiners before we start? =o

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
your goal for joiners? what do you mean? do you mean how you will get partners?

Dawn

Years
Nnnoooo, I mean our goal for how many people join before the roleplay starts.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Ohhh, well! I was hoping to have 4 or 5 teams so if tornzero and deepimpact finish their SUs and everyone else is active, we can start! I might repost an advertisement in the roleplay discussion and ask deep impact and tornzero if they are still interested. By the way, I'll get on to making more pins and adding Jessica to the list when I get to a PC.

CAN I GET A ROLE CALL GUYS?!

Dawn

Years
I'm still in. You probably already knew that though. |D I literally don't close the tabs to my roleplays like, ever. (And even if I had to, I have them session restored.)

I am curious about something, though. Does Jessica basically require the Mienfoo pin to attack effectively, or is it an extra boost on top of what she already has?

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
I'm here, but ironically, I came to this thread to say that I won't be here. XDD

College starts for me on Friday, and seeing as this is my Freshman year, I'll be quite busy with various things like moving in and er, finding my way around. And making friends, I suppose ohohoho~

But yes, seeing as this is really the only RP I'm in, it shouldn't be a problem at all in terms of how long it takes me to post/read posts, but for a few days-- say, maybe the next four or five days-- I may not really be around.

But I am still here. XD

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Hmmm, if a spot can be reserved for muah I could attempt to write a SU tomorrow....

Or the next day.

/shot

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
*wave*

Late, but I'm still in, for sure! Hopefully Homecoming on Saturday won't get in the way o3o

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Phew... Finally after such a long time, it's done. I lost it the first time, but thankfully it gave me more time to think over my character some more. I nearly dodged deleting it a second time O_O

Anyways, here goes~

Name: Frank Campbell

Entry Fee: His friend, Blue.

Appearance: Frank is fairly tall, and rather muscular. He has blonde hair, with blue streaks added by him. His eyes are a deep blue, almost like the color of the ocean. He has a huge scar running down from his knee to his ankle, and some small bruises from his escapades. He has big feet, but don't say that to him. He has a tan, due to staying out in the sun for all the time. He is quite athletic, explaining his muscular body.

He usually wears his favorite black hoodie with a skull design, and black shorts. Other than that, it's usually clothes with dull colors, and not vibrant ones. He is quite careless, and will often be seen wearing mismatched socks, or wrong shoes. Frank also wears a dog tag, bearing his name. He wears a bracelet, which had been given to him by his father. He wears a bracelet which had apparently been left as a gift from his mother before she died.

Personality: Well, Frank can be called a social guy. But, in reality, he is quite the opposite. He hates to talk, and doesn't like to tell people about himself. He talks quite a lot because he has a certain image he has to maintain in front of his classmates. He hates to tell people about himself, rather keeping his problems and personal life to himself. He is quite athletic, and likes to run and exercise, and keep himself fit. He can often be quite rude and sarcastic, insulting people if they try to get close to him.

While Frank is quite a quiet person, he doesn't give up on a chance to show off. He likes to flaunt about his prizes, his abilities. He is the star athlete of his school, so he gets a lot of attention. He is also short tempered, if anybody insults him or comments about him, he yells, or can even start to hit. Frank is also a kind of a delinquent, one who just loves to get into shady activities, breaking the laws. His favorite past time is to steal stuff with his best friend called Blue. He is infamous for skipping classes, and trying to sell stolen items to classmates. He has often been able to escape, due to his speed, but he does get caught a lot of times. Going in and out of police stations has become quite of a habit now for Frank.

He is also quite an arrogant guy. "I'm the best. No one can beat me." That's the kind of attitude he follows. He also always thinks he's right, no matter what. He'll argue a lot if you try to provide information to counter his opinions.

He loves music which is something that has always helped him whenever he was in a sad mood. He is a huge fan of gadgets, remembering to try them whenever he can, and always stay updated on those sort of things.

History: Frank lived in Pallet when he was a small boy. His mother died when he was very young, and he was left with his father. His father pushed him to train himself, get active, and sporty. He spent most of his early years being trained and pushed by his father, which he definitely thought was harsh. As he grew up, he became more and more stronger, and eventually became the star athlete of his school, being the one who always saved his team from utter defeat in almost all sports.

When he was in school, people tried to become his friends to become popular. Earlier, Frank used to be very happy, but he soon realized how selfish his 'friends' were, and started to get away from them, bit by bit, each day. He eventually felt he couldn't relate to anybody at school, and started to get ruder and ruder to them, often skipping classes. He used to hang out outside the school, and steal petty things.

Eventually, he met a kid called Blue. The boy had saved him from the police one day when he had been about to get caught by the police after stealing a watch. They had escaped, and they introduced themselves to each other. They became quite fast friends, and Frank would meet up with him after school, after which they would go shoplifting or spraying graffiti. The boy never told him his name, and only told him that he was addressed as 'Blue'.

Blue eventually became the closest friend in his life, and the only one he felt happy with. He used to enjoy their escapades together. How he died was quite a painful experience for Frank. He and Blue had just stolen from a shop, and a security guard had seen them. He had given chase, and cornered the duo in a silent street. Blue had somehow got hold of a gun that day, and he had shot the guard. The guard had been on the ground, still breathing, and Blue had suggested they escape. Frank had refused, choosing to stay back to help the guard. Blue, afraid he would be given away by Frank, shot him too. The only reason he became Frank's Entry Fee himself is that he was the closest thing Frank would call a 'friend' and the only person he had ever liked in his life.

His Psyche is rather weird, it is his Smartphone. It was the first gift his father had given to him, and he has cherished it all his life. It has his mother's photo in it, and most importantly, it has music, which has always helped Frank escape from his pressures and tension in real life.

Psyche: His Smartphone. (If it's too much, I'll change it ^_^)

Short Interview:
Spoiler:

Roleplay Sample: From Kanto Rewinded, just to show how I play a rude guy in Pair RPs.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Okay, there's a few things that contradict him haha. Let me just go over them...

He wears a bracelet, which had been given to him by his father. He wears a bracelet which had apparently been left as a gift from his mother before she died.
Is that... one or two bracelets? XD

He talks quite a lot because he has a certain image he has to maintain in front of his classmates... While Frank is quite a quiet person...
Doesn't... really make him a quiet person if he does talk a lot. I know he doesn't like to, but it's like... he may not like being a person, but he is indeed a person.

Blue, afraid he would be given away by Frank, shot him too.
Okay, this is just a little unrealistic. I mean, I understand him as an entry fee, I'm okay with that, but shooting someone in cold blood like that is... quite unhuman. Especially to someone you know. A little out of context, but some murderers put bags over the people they kill so they lose the humanity. And this Blue guy, he knew Frank, so he just wouldn't go and shoot him like that.

I don't mind a kerfuffle with a gun (like, they fight over a gun and Frank accidently gets shot and Blue runs away) or something like that (I would rather you thought of something rather than me XD) but yeah, friends just don't kill eachother because they may rat eachother out.

And I really hope this Blue person isn't Gary/Blue. Because then I'd have to say no. d:

Okay, that's all I have beef with. The smartphone idea is a-ok. Though, you may need to be a little specific. Like, Josh's phone dropped items on people. What does Frank's do?

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Just letting everyone know that in about 24 hours or so, I'll be posting mission one and pre-determining your partners! So, if TornZero, Raikiri and DeepImpact are still keen on playing, get your SUs in!

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Sweet! Good timing, most of the festivities for my college are starting to wind down, so I'll have time to post! =v=d

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
DAY 1

decided to do it in a video. just watch it for information and such.
or, if your bandwidth sucks, read ahead (but that's barely as fun!!)
and i'll probably forget to write information too haha.
and sorry for the laggy audio.

You wake up, face in the cement, in a city that seems so familiar. You feel yourself and know you're solid, but despite that the living residents of Saffron City can't hear you, see you or touch you. Like a ghost. You don't know why, but you know why you're here; you're dead and the Reaper's Game is your second chance. And now you need to find a partner. 

Before you can make any sense of what is going on, your phone goes off. A text message? Ah, of course! Your daily mission, a task you have to complete in order to live, though if someone else completes it, you're off the hook (how do you even know this stuff?). So, what does it say?

"Make the invisible plain to see. 2 hours."

You feel a shot of pain and a timer tattoos itself into your hand, counting down from 120 minutes. Then, as if the situation couldn't get any worse, Pokémon appear out of nowhere, their skin, fur and scales not the usual colours and tattoos that somehow move and are actually solid for limbs. They attack and you are defenseless, the pins or the psyche you have been given aren't even working. 

You need a partner to live. So go find one. Before you get erased.​

Team 1:
(starting near the PokéCenter)
Arron Hale
Nel Hughes​

Team 2:
(starting near the PokéMart)
Brad Dumont
Jessica Stark​

Team 3:
(starting near the train station)
Gloria Robertson
Zorya Solistum​

Available routes:
SAFFRON CITY » ROUTE 8 » LAVENDER TOWN ​

Available shops:
Saffron City:​

PokéCentre
PokéMart
Saffron City Pokémon Gym
Fighting Dojo
Teen Workshop
The Lonely Magikarp
Silph Co.
Mr. Psychic's House​

Route 8:
None​

Lavender Town:
PokéCentre
PokéMart
Kanto Radio Station
Lavender Volunteer Pokémon House (Mr. Fuji's House)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Oh, yay, video intro!
I like your Pikachu hat, and your accent is epic :3 I can hear your bird(s) in the background :3
...By games you weren't sure I played did you mean...the original Pokemon games? I don't think TWEWY had games(that I've heard of) so that must be what you mean :S I'VE PLAYED THEM ALL WOMAN!! At least all of the main series games :3
I guess making the invisible-wait, am I allowed to say that here? Nevermind X3
So I'm with Miss Doronjo... okay :)

OH YOU SAID MY NAME RIGHT! EXTRA POINTS!!! XD (I think you may have said Roswell's name a little bit incorrectly :S)
Some people don't say my name right... because SOME PEOPLE are stupid like that(talkin' about family here XD).

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
/headtilts

Nel's name looks fine to me :3 ...Unless you meant my username, though I can't find it anywhere so I'm guessing that's not what you meant XD;

Looks like I'm paired with Loke's Loki's character! I'll do my best \o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back