• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed 649 Patch

Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Ohh.... So you'll continue or not ? :( Anyways good luck on whatever you're working on :D

No, don't worry. I'm not quitting, and IF I was (But I'm Not), I would have uploaded the entire hack for someone else to finish off.

Nope, I'm just taking a break from the ASM and Data hacking and going back to scripting. I love crafting events through scripting, and it has always been where my true love in hacking lay.

A bit of burn out, is the best way to put it.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
No, don't worry. I'm not quitting, and IF I was (But I'm Not), I would have uploaded the entire hack for someone else to finish off.

Nope, I'm just taking a break from the ASM and Data hacking and going back to scripting. I love crafting events through scripting, and it has always been where my true love in hacking lay.

A bit of burn out, is the best way to put it.

It's great to hear you haven't quit :)

I must say I really have faith on this project, because I truly believe it can change ROM Hacking forever, breaking through more and more limits.

Keep up the great work, and I confess I can't wait to play a hack made by you :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Not sure if I should be commenting about this while you're taking a break from working on the patch, but, if you didn't change it already, Charge should increase the user's Special Defense by one stage until the end of the turn and Stocckpile should increase Defense and Special Defense for each "stage" of stockpiling until Swallow or Spit Up is used.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
hey nice work. But how to get it working, i downloaded alpha 3 ips file, patched it with lunar ips on a clean rom, started the game and now I am in viridian forest but haven't seen any 4th or 5th gen pokemon ?

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2020
where is the link for most recent version of this patch?
please help me
alpha 3 downloaded from first page I found this error
Pokemon%20-%20Fire%20Red_04.png

pokèball animation error

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
where is the link for most recent version of this patch?
please help me
alpha 3 downloaded from first page I found this error
Pokemon%20-%20Fire%20Red_04.png

pokèball animation error

1) What? That animation error was fixed ages ago? If you're using the old Alpha 3, then this glitch is still there, but it's fixed in the most recent version.

I already answered this VERY SAME ISSUE, less than a full page ago!

As to your other question, read the first post, it's impossible to miss if you understand the concept of a live beta.

In fact, I'm removing the Alpha 3 ips due to the fact that people keep downloading it and reporting bugs from it which are fixed.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
I'm curious, I want to play this, but I want to know when do you start encountering IV and V gen pokemon?

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
dreamengine said:
So if I patch this to a Fire Red ROM nothing happens?

lol, I guess I should have left the post I deleted...

Dude, you need to read through the thread! This patch implements the features that are listed in the first post. It's up to you to actually make use of them. If you want to encounter gen 4/5 Pokemon, you'll need to hex edit the wild data.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
lol, I guess I should have left the post I deleted...

Dude, you need to read through the thread! This patch implements the features that are listed in the first post. It's up to you to actually make use of them. If you want to encounter gen 4/5 Pokemon, you'll need to hex edit the wild data.
^This. Besides, the game isn't really that playable at all anyway. Until the patch is at a stable state and usable for any hacks, you will just have to wait until that day comes, and this is a complicated sort of thing to accomplish.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
i always think this is more of a proof of concept than an actual hack since storyline/character wise is all almost unchanged anyway

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
i always think this is more of a proof of concept than an actual hack since storyline/character wise is all almost unchanged anyway

This is actually a patch that changes many of the game mechanics, such as allowing 649 pokemon, new moves, abilities, and such. This was never meant to be a playable hack.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
This is actually a patch that changes many of the game mechanics, such as allowing 649 pokemon, new moves, abilities, and such. This was never meant to be a playable hack.
It's not even close to done, which is why it is NOT playable YET. So far, 4 generations have movesets, including the starters and legendaries of the 5th gen. I also edited the TM/HM compatibility for them also. Besides that, there is still the matter of the moves and abilities to work according to Pokemon Black (2)/White (2), and then there are the sprites. The sprites are hard to do, especially really big legendaries like Reshiram, Lugia, etc. Those take time and patience. Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back