• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Wii-U Discussion Thread

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Well it's out in North America today. Anyone got one?

From what I heard from people who bought one:

The GamePad is really light and very comfortable and easy to carry.
EShop has a very strong selection of retail games.
Internet browser runs smooth and is better than the Wii's browser.
GamePad is required for the full experience.
Portability with GamePad is good, but has some problems with disconnecting but reconnects easily.
Can easily connect to 3DS and transfer your Miis to Wii U.
Has a good selection of launch day titles.
Though they say it has problems such as the the initial setup and configuration takes a really long time.
MiiVerse has constant system errors.
Tons of updates.

Though the system is still new so some of the problems will likely be fixed from time to time.
I'm still pretty impressed with it though so I'm getting one to see for myself. I like the fact you can keep playing even when the TV is not on. That's basically the one thing that convinced me to get one.

Years
My Wii U finally has an ETA. :D

It'll be here on Wednesday at the earliest, a week from Tuesday at the latest. Hopefully it comes on Wednesday, since I'll be out of town next weekend to attend my cousin's wedding.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I don't think I'm going to get the Wii U any time soon, if I'm being honest. I'll end up getting it eventually, but this is actually the most lukewarm I've felt about a Nintendo console in many, many, many years. I definitely can't imagine me getting it in time for this Christmas... maybe not even next Christmas, if there aren't many great games for it.
This summarises my thoughts about the Wii U perfectly. While it looks like a very competitive console (with regards to the current generations, that is) it just doesn't tickle my fancy. For some reason, the only real stand out feature about it is the fact that there's a "Nintendo" branding on it. Yes I'm aware of the supposedly intuitive controller, but I really don't see it as that big of a deal - and certainly not a selling point - for the Wii U. Like others have stated, I shall wait to see what the console is like once the majority get their hands on it and which games are released for the console specifically (did I hear Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive game?). If it proves to be a good, worthwhile buy then I shall go ahead and comply but I would be surprised (pleasantly at that, however) if it does turn out to be.

Back