• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
If you still have the same case, it's nowhere near the size of a Defender. They're just big and bulky. I had one on my old phone and, while it's built like a tank, it more than doubled the size of it. Plus the rubber on them doesn't hold up very well...the case that I have (which is the same as yours) has actually held up much better on this phone.

And guys I ordered an SSD for my desktop. Looking forward to installing that Wednesday when it gets here. \o/

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think someone will probably get around to making a highly protective phone case for the 52x phones because they probably will end up becoming the most popular Windows Phones in the world - wait a sec, they already are!

I suspect I will be getting a soft case. I don't like hard-feeling plastic. They feel cheap. (I'm looking at you, Samsung.)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
If you still have the same case, it's nowhere near the size of a Defender. They're just big and bulky. I had one on my old phone and, while it's built like a tank, it more than doubled the size of it. Plus the rubber on them doesn't hold up very well...the case that I have (which is the same as yours) has actually held up much better on this phone.

And guys I ordered an SSD for my desktop. Looking forward to installing that Wednesday when it gets here. \o/

I have a new case because my battery is now about three times larger than my old one was.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I wonder whether the new case I will get in the future will supplement or replace the current cover...

What do you guys think is better?

Honest

Hi!
Years
Figured this would be a good place to ask, but how bad is 3G compared to 4G? I have unlimited data, so I'm pondering how exactly to distribute my 500MB of 4G :P

Years
Figured this would be a good place to ask, but how bad is 3G compared to 4G? I have unlimited data, so I'm pondering how exactly to distribute my 500MB of 4G :P
Maybe someone else can describe it better than me, but in a nutshell: think of 3G having similar speeds to DSL, and think of 4G having similar speeds to fiber broadband. Not sure exactly on how fast both are on average, but 4G is usually quite faster than 3G.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I remember having DSL back in the day, haha. That isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Okay, another question, how much data does messaging take, any idea? D: Like I kik or Facebook Messenger. Sorry for all the questions, I'm so ignorant lmao

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I dont remember, but I think it uses the exact same, or maybe even a little less. Though you defiantly will be seeing yourself using it more.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It depends on your definition of "3G".

If your definition of 3G includes 3.5G networks, like HSPA+, well, things get... interesting. HSPA+ networks are capable of up to 42 Mbps downstream given the best possible mobile HSPA+ modem on the market, and you'll usually find them in flagship smartphones. I certainly don't really need LTE for now if HSPA+ is more than enough for me.

"Defiantly". This might be the best autocorrect-induced typo, even on desktop computers. :3 It changes the tone of a sentence by a long shot!

Trident case on a phone with a browser with the Trident rendering engine :#

Years
I dont remember, but I think it uses the exact same, or maybe even a little less. Though you defiantly will be seeing yourself using it more.
Correct. Data usage ≠ data speeds. I'm not sure about this, but I believe you can check out statistics on individual apps to see how much data they're using as well.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm figuring out whether I can use a case intended for a 520 in a 525. If I can, things just got a lot easier. From pictures and specifications, it seems like both devices have identical looks and doesn't differ in size and weight at all, with the same layout fir everything.

Years

I've never used a case. I've tried them and I just can't stand the extra bulk. I'm very careful, though, so my phone is in really good condition, despite 3 years of case-less use.

If it's your first SSD, you're in for a nice surprise. The ONLY downsides are reduced space (not really an issue for a desktop with data drives) and that it makes it hard to go back to anything else :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm pretty careful with my phones as well, but still put cases on them. If they ended up getting scratched somehow, then I simply wouldn't be able to stand it. :p Cases do get dirty very easily (well, at least most of them), but it's honestly not that much of a hassle to clean them.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I fond a cheap, decent clear phone case for my 525. Turns out the 520 and 525 are the same phone as far as physical cases and covers are concerned. :)

Next up: a real screen protector. Matte, preferably. These reflections are quite a bit more annoying than what I am used to, due to the presence of an air gap and the lack of polarizers. A high display brightness can only do so much.

It's kind of difficult to press the buttons, since the case covers them, but I suspect double-tap to wake and virtual shutter buttons will prove useful.

EDIT: This might be the worst case I've used yet - I have removed it, but it wont be going to the can yet. It got annoying.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm not even sure whether I want to put anything on my devices in the future. Cases kind of ruin a device's appearance. If not designed well, they might also interfere with the operation.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
All of my screens don't have protectors. I hate what they do to such a brilliant screen.

Years
The main reason I use protectors is so that I don't get scratches on them.. and I lied earlier: I lack a protector on my 3DS XL's upper screen, and because it doesn't have a protector on it, it has a scratch on it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back