• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen trading pokemon maybe effect getting shiny

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
when i trade pokemon with friend all sudden when i went in grass a shiny ducklett appear. anyone think if you trade pokemon effect give you shiny pokemon appear?

Tititienne

Psychic
Years
Maybe not, GF has been adding newer and easier ways to obtain shinies. So it's possible this can be a new "method" of getting a better chance at obtaining a shiny.

Well, the new methods require chaining wild Pokémon, but it could be a feature to promote trading, like Masuda's method, for the ones who don't breed. It's worth investigating.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
According to my stats, I've traded over 400 times (thank you wonder trade).

No shinys to be found. Over 70 hours of game play. I've yet to run into a Matsuda Method Shiny, Radar Chain Shiny, Fishing Chain Shiny, general random luck shiny, or Friend Safari Shiny.

No shiny Pokemon to be found. Combine with my brother's game. 200 hours worth of play time and no shiny.

Trade definitely seems like a coincidence...and the rates don't appear to have dropped.

Pr3

Years

No shinys to be found. Over 70 hours of game play. I've yet to run into a Matsuda Method Shiny, Radar Chain Shiny, Fishing Chain Shiny, general random luck shiny, or Friend Safari Shiny.

No shiny Pokemon to be found. Combine with my brother's game. 200 hours worth of play time and no shiny.

Trade definitely seems like a coincidence...and the rates don't appear to have dropped.

Wow. That post just shot my hopes for a shiny xD.

Yuuto

Community Helper~
Years
I actually just got my first shiny since Emerald years ago. It's a Friend Zone Electabuzz. Love it~
(Game time just under 60 hours)

Trading doesn't seem to have done much from what I can tell.

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years

I feel your pain. T_T

But yeah.... I think it's just coincidence.

Back