• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald: Kanto Edition

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
Pokémon Emerald: Kanto Edition - v0.3 Released!

:pokeball: Introduction
Have you ever wanted to play Pokémon Emerald...with Kanto Pokémon? With no trading between FireRed or LeafGreen? Well, this is my hack! Pokémon Emerald: Kanto Edition!

:pokeball: Details
The current version goes up to Champion Wallace. Yes. Also, Artisan Cave is now the Unknown Dungeon (yes, THAT Unknown Dungeon from RBGY) and you can catch Mewtwo there.
Wailmer and Relicanth can still be caught for the Birds.
Altering Cave is now modified to include ways to get to the unaccessiable areas. Using cheats to access anything is now
Report any cases of Hoenn Pokémon being avaiable (except for the starters and Skarmory)!

Download v1.0 now! Also, show me a nuzlocke video of this or a regular playthrough soon! Not inspired by the romhack Haydunn played a year ago.

:pokeball: Bugs/Errors
Mauville's houses still have Rustboro music Fixed.
Verandturf's houses still have Verandturf music Verdanturf music kept until decided.
Bag on bag selection screen messed up on BERRIES, TMs, and POKéBALLS.

:pokeball: Media
Spoiler:

:pokeball: Downloads
http://www.mediafire.com/?4qd7y81eyghf97t - Emerald v1.0 (Final major update, any others will be just bugfixes and minor additions)

:pokeball: Credits and Thanks
Lu-ho: For Advance Map.
HackMew: For Advance Trainer.
interdpth: For PET.
Game Freak: For...Pokémon.
HackMew - For XSE.
silver314 - For YAPE.
Tools used:

Advance Map
A-Trainer
PET.
VBA (testing)
XSE
YAPE

Currently in development. Version 1.0 is now released, goes up to the E4 and Champion. Also, feel free to do nuzlockes and stuff now.

Last edited:

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
:pokeball: Decisions and Updates!

Verandturf Town's music will not have a music change.
Wild battle and trainer music will not change yet.

Next release - v0.2 - will be released soon and will extend to Norman's gym.

Edit: Do not be suprised if this is bad, this is still in an Alpha stage (v0.X).

EDIT 2: Next update will go up to every surfing area - only after Route 118, the hack is done for then. Expect it to be released by either today, tommorow, or Friday.

EDIT 3: Emerald Kanto now updated to v0.2! Goes up to beyond Petalburg Gym, and every surfing area is revamped. Wailmer can still be found for the purpose of the legendaries. Same for Relicanth later.

Last edited:

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
NOTE: When I mean Petalburg Gym, I mean the 5th Gym Badge. As of v0.2, you can get 5 gym badges. Again, inform me of playthroughs, and this was NOT inspired by the romhack Haydunn played of Ruby. This is Emerald.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
Quick question: If I download the v0.2 and play until Petalburg and the game gets updated to say v0.3, will I be able to repatch and keep using my save file?
I'm looking forward to doing a Nuzlocke but don't want to start over.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
Quick question: If I download the v0.2 and play until Petalburg and the game gets updated to say v0.3, will I be able to repatch and keep using my save file?
I'm looking forward to doing a Nuzlocke but don't want to start over.

I really don't know. You should maybe wait until the final version is released, then you can do the Nuzlocke. Because I got more plans, like replacing the legendary golems (Regice, Regirock, Registeel) with the birds (Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos) and the inclusion of Mewtwo.

And I got around to editing the chambers where the regis sleep. Island Cave is now Ice Bird Chamber, Desert Cavern is now Hot Bird Chamber, and the cave with Registeel is now ELC Bird Chamber.

Also, v0.3 goes up to Fortree Gym. I'll replace Keckleon with Snorlax, maybe.

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
nice'hack, I hope you will complete as soon as possible ..
You will insert new Pokemon?

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
nice'hack, I hope you will complete as soon as possible ..
You will insert new Pokemon?

No. If you didn't notice, all Pokémon from Johto and Hoenn have been replaced with Pokémon from Kanto, trainer battles and wild battles (ex: Rattata instead of Poochyena, Weedle or Caterpie instead of Weedle). Just if you were confused. And there will be no Fakémon.

And the hack's final verison may be released by the end of next week. I have to edit all the trainers from Routes 121 - 134, and the wild Pokémon included after v0.3. The good thing? After v0.4, then the hack will be near-completion.

EDIT: Verison 0.3 now released! Goes up to Fortree Gym!

Version 0.4 will be called "Special 0.4 Version" because of all the routes (121-134) I have to edit.

Last edited:

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
The next update will come out on Friday. I just need to add in Mewtwo.

The final/next version is to be released by this friday.

FINAL VERSION

Regice = Articuno
Registeel = Zapdos
Regirock = Moltres

Also, Artisan Cave has been replaced with the Unknown Dungeon (named Unknown Dungeon). Two floors are based off of RGFRLG Cerulean Cave, one floor is based off Yellow Unknown Dungeon. And yes, Mewtwo IS catchable.

Last edited:

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
You put the unknown dungeon in? That's awesome! I'm going to try this out later, it looks awesome.

Not of this version yet, but it replaces Artisan Cave (Do not worry - it still has Smeargle) and, of course, Mewtwo can be found there. As a surplus, The first and second floors are based off of FRLG, but the basement floor is based off Yellow's design.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
So I've been playing this for my Nuzlocke challenge and in Flannery's gym I noticed two errors regarding Pokemon. Kindler Cole has a Numel and Kindler Keegan has a Slugma. Not huge but if you want the hack to have a better Kanto feeling. Also, after receiving Surf from Norman, who has a Blissey? Why? If this is Kanto only everyone should only have Kanto Pokemon, anyway, surfing across Route 103 and encountering a Pokemon crashes the game, you will be put into a battle against nothing and the game will simply freeze.

The game is okay, however a few things annoy me;
- The 3 Johto starters and Skarmory being available
- Other Johto Pokemon such as Pichu are also available
- Giving the Gym Leaders Johto Pokemon (Norman has Blissey)
- Giving the Gym Leaders underleveled Pokemon (Flannery has Level 29 Charizard and Level 28? Rapidash)
- The Gym trainers having ridiculous Pokemon. In the 2nd gym I think that the double battle between Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee is a bit overpowered.
- Some Pokemon still have their movesets from when they were something else. e.g, the Meowth used by one of the children on the beach has moves from when it was Zigzagoon, knowing Surf, Tail Whip and Headbutt.

I hope this doesn't come off as mean or something, lol. ;;

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
So I've been playing this for my Nuzlocke challenge and in Flannery's gym I noticed two errors regarding Pokemon. Kindler Cole has a Numel and Kindler Keegan has a Slugma. Not huge but if you want the hack to have a better Kanto feeling. Also, after receiving Surf from Norman, who has a Blissey? Why? If this is Kanto only everyone should only have Kanto Pokemon, anyway, surfing across Route 103 and encountering a Pokemon crashes the game, you will be put into a battle against nothing and the game will simply freeze.

The game is okay, however a few things annoy me;
- The 3 Johto starters and Skarmory being available
- Other Johto Pokemon such as Pichu are also available
- Giving the Gym Leaders Johto Pokemon (Norman has Blissey)
- Giving the Gym Leaders underleveled Pokemon (Flannery has Level 29 Charizard and Level 28? Rapidash)
- The Gym trainers having ridiculous Pokemon. In the 2nd gym I think that the double battle between Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee is a bit overpowered.
- Some Pokemon still have their movesets from when they were something else. e.g, the Meowth used by one of the children on the beach has moves from when it was Zigzagoon, knowing Surf, Tail Whip and Headbutt.

I hope this doesn't come off as mean or something, lol. ;;

First off, I put in the Johto and Hoenn starters as a little "bonus". Since there is no Hoenn Dex mons, it's almost impsossible to get those 6 in the game without cheating or trading. I know I tried to recreate the FRLGRBGY feeling, but still. Also, Skarmory...I don't know why. I'll replace that later. Also, I have no idea why I decided to give Norman a Blissey. I'll maybe replace it with a Chansey in a later patch.

I do not know why it crashed at R103, but I'll say it was AM 1.95's fault.

Also, I decided that Johto evos to be valid was because, well, here's the thing. Eventually, after a while, say you trained a Chansey. Eventually it HAS to evolve into a Blissey because of happiness. Thus, so. As for the others, I'll replace them with their Kanto evos. And the overpoweredness, I'll change. I'm thinking of changing Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan to Tyrouges, also. And I'll change the movesets.

And Flannery's underleveled mons? Umm...I'll change that later. I felt like more challenge was needed. lol

I'll try to fix those in the next patch (v1.1). Also, the post-game IS unchanged, except for Artisan Cave.

Edit: Okay, I have no idea why Route 103 won't work. I tried editing them, and I could not edit them because of some sort of error. So, unfortunately, when you are exploring Water Route 103, I request everyone to use repels.

Last edited:

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
Years
This hack may be canceled.

One, the laptop I used for Romhacking's charger broke and now it's being fixed. It's been quite a while.

Two, I don't like this hack a lot. Still report bugs and stuff.

But wait.

I may release an improved version soon. Maybe. I'll maybe use Ruby instead because I can get into furtherness (ie: FRLG sprites), and when I learn, FRLG tiles.

Don't close this yet. Wait...

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Wow, seems cool. It's a shame you plan on hiatusing this D:

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Well. Nice Hack!
I'll still think about do the same Hack, but now i know.. it's already finished.
//too bad for me.

Back