• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Question

I know this might be a dumb question, but how can i delete my thread ? Also is it correct to reply with post reply or with quick reply? what's the difference.... Also how can I be notified when someone for example post something on this thread or other threads

A quick reply has a watered down editor. Post Reply takes you to another page where you can title your reply, check boxes to enable/disable smilies, display signature, upload attachments and do other cool stuff with your post.

You can see if someone replies to your thread by susbscribing to it. You can do that either by clicking the thread options drop down box at the top of every thread and subscribing that way or you can set it to subscribe to all threads by changing the option in the posting and messaging part of this page.

Oh okay, I just saw the answer after I posted a reply again XD ahah sorry if i double posted... I need to get used to this... First time in a forum... How can i delete my replied post/thread

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
You can't delete your own threads, but you can ask a moderator to do it for you if you've got a really good reason. Likelihood is, though, that they'll only close it and not delete it. We usually only delete offensive or advertising threads. You can delete a post, though, by going to edit your post and clicking "Delete" at the bottom of the box that appears.

Years
You can't delete your own threads, but you can ask a moderator to do it for you if you've got a really good reason. Likelihood is, though, that they'll only close it and not delete it. We usually only delete offensive or advertising threads. You can delete a post, though, by going to edit your post and clicking "Delete" at the bottom of the box that appears.

Oh okay =) Thanks for the info. I posted some threads in the wrong forums that's why... Now it's all over the place XD Btw, No email notification, does that mean i get notified on my PC or i won't? Sorry for so many questions... i hope you understand XD

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Oh right. You could always report your own threads and say in the report that you need them to be moved.

If you pick "No Email Notification", your User CP will tell you when a thread has been replied to but the forum will not send you an email about it.

Don't worry about all the questions lol.

Years
Thanks =D

Oh right. You could always report your own threads and say in the report that you need them to be moved.

If you pick "No Email Notification", your User CP will tell you when a thread has been replied to but the forum will not send you an email about it.

Don't worry about all the questions lol.

Oh thank you very much =D ahah Time to enjoy PC.. Just wanna say that it's well made =)

[SIZE="a"]I am using the Pc app and i got a question there. There are red or green speech bubbles next to a thread. What's the difference?[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The date is related to why you can't change it.

It's the date PC and Facebook cemented their partnership. Expect the rolling out of some new connectivity features in the next few weeks.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Does Facebook have skins? Why should PC then? One of the appeals of Facebook is how simple everything is. They may even remove the profile styling options to make it easier to navigate.

Years
Does Facebook have skins? Why should PC then? One of the appeals of Facebook is how simple everything is. They may even remove the profile styling options to make it easier to navigate.

Really? O.o so they removed the skins here? it's not like it's a big deal for me but it looked colorful for me and i liked that =) It was a nice addition

Years
How come threads can't be deleted ?

Just wondering, I posted on a thread three years ago that i found on google lol silly me XD ahah At least i only got a warning ( phew)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just wondering, I posted on a thread three years ago that i found on google lol silly me XD ahah At least i only got a warning ( phew)

Well, we generally don't delete threads unless they're overly spammy, or are advertising, or are illegal, or are duplicates. Everything else we keep alive so people can use them as references for things like quick questions etc, or unless someone wants to read back on interesting discussions, but mainly to preserve PC's history. We don't lock all old threads either because then that seems intimidating to newer members, plus there's no reason really to lock them if people read the rules, as we encourage.

Years

Well, we generally don't delete threads unless they're overly spammy, or are advertising, or are illegal, or are duplicates. Everything else we keep alive so people can use them as references for things like quick questions etc, or unless someone wants to read back on interesting discussions, but mainly to preserve PC's history. We don't lock all old threads either because then that seems intimidating to newer members, plus there's no reason really to lock them if people read the rules, as we encourage.

ahah yeah I find it good that you guys encourage to read the rules ;) After a warning i immediately read the rules.. Hahaha I hope I won't break another one =D

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2012
I just wanted a quick one. What would I do if somebody sent me a private message that involves advertising?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back