• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I struggled really hard to find a decent water pokémon for my team. Gyarados would be beastly, but his water atacks are all special and his main stat is attack.

I ended up choosing ludicolo, but everything but Empoleon seems kind of weak :x

I think that's the biggest problem I found so far

There's a Waterfall HM in Silph that lets Gyarados be useful. Most of the other waters tend to be bulky walls more than offensive sweepers, so if you're just looking at things to kill foes quickly you're not going to find much.

I prefer adding 386 Pokemon, 151 is pretty boring IMO.

I prefer hacks that don't sloppily cram excessive amounts of pokemon into a region.

wait did you remove attract o.O

No- a few lines still get it by level. It's just no longer a TM.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
There's a Waterfall HM in Silph that lets Gyarados be useful. Most of the other waters tend to be bulky walls more than offensive sweepers, so if you're just looking at things to kill foes quickly you're not going to find much.

I prefer hacks that don't sloppily cram excessive amounts of pokemon into a region.

No- a few lines still get it by level. It's just no longer a TM.

I thought about Gastrodon since he's a pretty good wall, but his movepool and attacking stats kind of killed it for me.

I haven't gotten to silph yet, but it's good to know ahah

Btw, I must say I love the hack so far. My team:

. Combusken
. Staravia
. Gurdurr
. Whimsicott
. Lombre

Planning to fit a larvesta --> volcarona there when I can get one. Whimsicott is gonna be one hell of a baton passer with cotton guard/ speed boost ---> Blaziken with Swords dance/ Volcarona with Quiver Dance. Gonna be sweeping through it all

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I, for once, glad that they aren't 649 pokemon in the game. It's too many by far... But what I can recommend is making 2 versions of the hack, both with complete different pokes so one could choose the version with the pokes he likes.

Right now I won over Koga. Till now the hack is really good. The level is not easy by any means.

My team is:

Peach (Furret, male)
Cocopane (Blaziken, male)
Ivy (Venomoth, female)
Man'O'Wall (Gliscor, male)

And I'm working on a Tentacruel to be my new special wall.

Furret is great! Yay! You just need to find a good opportunity to set up once - and you can sweep things. And it learns by leveling all kind of cool stuff (I'm still with quick attack and pursuit since I don't want to kill myself with double-edge but it still works just fine). It's too bad he isn't like that in the original games...
I liked the idea of Venonat not learning all the different types of effect spores (stun spore, posion powder, etc) at once, and the fact that it learns sleep powder only at a high level, since it's so powerful. But why you can't get a Venomoth with the tinted lens ability? It's not like Venomoth was too powerful to begin with...

Also, I find it easy to work on attack, defense, speed and special defense EV, but a real pain to find a good tall grass field to work on HP (the only common one is Caterpie in Veridian forest) or special attack (Petilil), and it's even harder since you can't say who you're going to fight against in trainer battles.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I, for once, glad that they aren't 649 pokemon in the game. It's too many by far... But what I can recommend is making 2 versions of the hack, both with complete different pokes so one could choose the version with the pokes he likes.

I second lightfurret's idea.

Why even stop there? This hack is so perfectly made it should be a saga, you could try to make a Yet Another Leaf Green Hack, like furret said, with different pokes from all generations (so we could choose or play both! :) ) or/and maybe even another game hack like Emerald/Ruby and do the same :D

It would also be cool to do like:
1. A Fire red hack with ONLY 1st gen pokémon, however new moves and physical/special splt (like in here) would be added.
2. Another hack with 2nd gen pokémon, same as above
3. Another with 3rd, so on untill 5th gen :p

Just throwing stuff out, but it would be awesome!

Thank you alot for this hack, it's amazing

Years
This hack is great playing for a couple of days and I have to say, This game isn't challenging before Team Rocket taking over Sliph Co. after that It gets more interesting, Giovanni as Gym leader was the first time I lost in the game, but what's really challenging is the Victory Road which must be a Challenge, I'm still there. the wild Pokemon there are strong, the Fire Red Victory Road puzzle was always annoying and the trainers use Pokemon with good strategy.

I like the pace of difficultness in the game, It is weak in the begining and harder in the end.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
can anybody give me snap of where to find rock slide?i looked all over rock tunnel and couldnt find it.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
My team so far:

. Staraptor
. Conkeldurr
. Blaziken
. Whimsicott
. Ludicolo

Planning on changing ludicolo, he doesnt seem to fit my team well so far.

I want a volcarona, so I might also replace blaziken eventually..

Any1 know where I can find a Larvesta? I know you can catch Volcaronas at Unknown Dungeon (area on pokédex shows so), but I don't know where I can find a Larvesta. Any way I can get it before pokémon league?

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Rock Slide should be near the Lavender-side exit. It was just moved there this update- if you picked up the item it replaces in an earlier build, it won't be there.

Larvesta is a rare encounter in the Safari Zone and Pokemon Mansion.

Tinted Lens isn't implemented mainly because it would give it nearly flawless neutral coverage with just a Bug move. The only things in the dex with 4x resistance to Bug are Blaziken, Lucario, and Gengar, all of which are frail and resist neither Psychic nor Air Slash. If you're using Venomoth, I suggest trying Baton Pass out, as that's the main advantage it has over its fellow Quiver Dancers.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Rock Slide should be near the Lavender-side exit. It was just moved there this update- if you picked up the item it replaces in an earlier build, it won't be there.

Larvesta is a rare encounter in the Safari Zone and Pokemon Mansion.

Tinted Lens isn't implemented mainly because it would give it nearly flawless neutral coverage with just a Bug move. The only things in the dex with 4x resistance to Bug are Blaziken, Lucario, and Gengar, all of which are frail and resist neither Psychic nor Air Slash. If you're using Venomoth, I suggest trying Baton Pass out, as that's the main advantage it has over its fellow Quiver Dancers.

Thanks for the answer!
I like the fact you gave Baton pass to alot of pokémon, making them extremely useful. I've been getting an amazing feedback from Whimsicott (Substitute + Growth + Speedboost) --> Baton Pass --> Conkeldurr (he just sweeps everything with Brick break/Drain Punch (to recover any possible hp loss), Rock Slide and I'm guessing Earthquake soon, when I get it :p

I'm struggling again to find a water type, since Ludicolo isn't really cutting it on my team.
I'm thinking of replacing Blaziken with Volcarona since I already have a Fighting type and Volcarona will be a fire one. He's doing great tho, so I'm not sure..

I'm also intrigued with the possibility of adding Ferrothorn to the team (those defenses are insanee).
My team would be:

. Staraptor
. Conkeldurr
. Whimsicott
. Blaziken/Volcarona
. Ferrothorn
. Water type/Blaziken (If I use both him and Volcarona, but I'd lack a water type..)

So not sure. Any tips?

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
just killed Gary and finished the game. The game resume from the start after the league. I couldn't continue my save for some reason. :(

Finished it with: Furret, Blaziken, Venomoth, Gliscor, Tentacruel and Hydregion.

I could teach Venomoth baton pass and pass the special & speed boost to a roosting Hydregion (can he learn roost in this hack? I can't recall) but made him a sweeper instead with giga-drain to heal back the hits. Wasn't too good, wasn't too bad.
Tentacruel was a downer. It didn't learn toxic spikes and without black sludge it couldn't heal (I gave the leftovers to Gliscor, which made a really good use of them and was my best pokemon hands down, though I pretty much messed it up when I gave him protect instead of roost - because in this hack you only have 5 pp of protect). And of course, hazards are much less productive when battling AI since they don't like to switch much. Should have thought about this... Next time I'm taking Corsola or something.

This game was really fun. Well done.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
just killed Gary and finished the game. The game resume from the start after the league. I couldn't continue my save for some reason. :(

Finished it with: Furret, Blaziken, Venomoth, Gliscor, Tentacruel and Hydregion.

I could teach Venomoth baton pass and pass the special & speed boost to a roosting Hydregion (can he learn roost in this hack? I can't recall) but made him a sweeper instead with giga-drain to heal back the hits. Wasn't too good, wasn't too bad.
Tentacruel was a downer. It didn't learn toxic spikes and without black sludge it couldn't heal (I gave the leftovers to Gliscor, which made a really good use of them and was my best pokemon hands down, though I pretty much messed it up when I gave him protect instead of roost - because in this hack you only have 5 pp of protect). And of course, hazards are much less productive when battling AI since they don't like to switch much. Should have thought about this... Next time I'm taking Corsola or something.

This game was really fun. Well done.

You do know the move tutor can teach old moves to pokémon, which would have solved your gliscor problem :)

I also found hazards unnecessary tbh, and Corsola doesn't seem like such a good idea since it's rather weak.
I finished the game with:
Ferrothorn, Conkeldurr, Whimsicott, Blaziken, Staraptor and Volcarona.

Ferrothorn is a beast, hands down, he's amazing, tanks hits like nothing at all. The only thing he can't live through is fire, keep him away from it and he will hardly die. With Curse he can also set up a sweep, just watch out for Roar and Whirlwind. Power Whip, Curse, Iron Head and Bulldoze (I used revenge before bulldoze and it works fine. With his speed he is sure to hit last to revenge is likely to hit a 120 bp).

Conkeldurr has an AMAZING attack, a great HP and an awesome defense. Physical hits aren't really an issue against him, keep him away from specials tho. His attack will destroy anything, but careful with his speed, cause he will never be the first to hit, unless you use mach punch. Drain Punch (helps alot, great hp recovery), Rock Slide, Earthquake and Strength (neutral damage and wasn't sure what to fill there lol).

Whimsicott was just a baton passer. And he did that perfectly. That little thing has a great defense, if you run Substitute and Cotton Guard on it, it will sponge anything but fire moves. Giga Drain for some HP regain and a damaging move and Baton Pass to pass on Speed boosts and the amazing defense from Cotton Guard. Everyone could get a pass from him, Blaziken would own the hell out of everyone after being baton passed, same with Staraptor and Conkeldurr. So once again, if you get to baton pass that cotton ball's stats to anyone, you will literally destroy the enemy teams.

Blaziken was good, but I think Empoleon would have filled a better role on my team. Don't stop yourself from using him tho, he has a pretty good movepool and Swords Dance. Just be careful with taking hits since his defenses don't last long, and water/psychic will destroy him. (You can also try running Baton Pass on him, I didn't do it tho). Hi Jump Kick, Swords Dance, Flare Blitz and Brave Bird.

Staraptor was a great pokémon too. Decently durable, with a pretty sweet Speed and attack stats. Not much to say here, I went with Brave bird, Roost, Close Combat and Double-Edge, but switched Roost with fly eventually since I found myself rarely using it :x

Volcarona was a beast. Truly a beast, I can't describe it any other way. After a sucessfull Baton Pass from Whimsicott (speed boost and cotton guards) and one or two Quiver Dances he will stop at nothing. I mean nothing at all! My advice: Try it. I went with Fiery Dance (chance to up sp.atk even further), Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz and Psychic.

And that was it. I think I might just be about to do a run-over.
I want to try out more pokémon! I'm thinking of running a Sandstorm team this time :)

Why o' why isn't Tyranitar in the hack?? D:
I might go with:
Hippowdon, Gliscor, Empoleon, Lucario, Ferrothorn (again? :/ not sure yet) and maybe Metagross.

Suggestions are accepted and apreciated! :)

Edit: New Sandstorm team made!!

Hippowdon -> Careful
. Slack Off
. Earthquake
. BodySlam (paralysis)
. ??? --> (maybe roar?)

Empoleon -> Modest
. Surf
. Ice Beam
. Air Slash (flinching chance and coverage)
. Flash Cannon/Yawn (will try both and see which one suits better)

Scrafty -> Adamant
. Hi Jump Kick
. Crunch
. Rest (Shed Skin might instant wake him up)
. ??? (Work up maybe?)

Ferrothorn -> Adamant
. Power Whip
. Curse
. Iron Head
. LeechSeed

Nidoking -> Adamant
. Earthquake/Outrage
. Outrage/Hone Claws
. Poison Jab/Gunk Shot
. Megahorn

Gliscor -> Careful
. Fly
. Swords Dance
. Earthquake
. Roost

What do you guys think? I'm really excited about it. Scrafty doesn't resist Sandstorm, but I wanted to try him out over lucario :p He seems nice. The other have pretty good coverage, and I think might work well together. Magnezone would fit great in there, but I hate his appearance and I refuse to use ugly pokémon lol

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Am I the only one who's legitimately surprised that this hack isn't getting more hoopla in the sideshow showcase? This is literally the most balanced core gameplay I've ever seen in a hack not to mention the best implementation of newer Pokemon yet by doing everything perfectly, it shouldn't be overlooked at all.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Am I the only one who's legitimately surprised that this hack isn't getting more hoopla in the sideshow showcase? This is literally the most balanced core gameplay I've ever seen in a hack not to mention the best implementation of newer Pokemon yet by doing everything perfectly, it shouldn't be overlooked at all.

I agree wolfie, but for some reason people discart it :(

It deserves ALOT more attention, it's perfectly made

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
So I got through the second run of the Elite Four, and for the most part, I enjoyed the game. It was balanced, being difficult enough to warrant a couple of retries. The Pokemon placement and the Pokemon themselves were implemented perfectly, and I can't help but respect the TC for all the work he's put into polishing this. Heck, I'd go so far as to say it's like having a 5th Gen Lite game on 3rd Gen. The Team I used is as follows :

Hydreigon Lv 72 - Dragon Pulse / Dark Pulse / Surf / Flamethrower
Blaziken Lv 72 - Flare Blitz / Hi Jump Kick / Hone Claws / Brave Bird
Togekiss Lv 74 - Air Slash / Aura Sphere / Thunder Wave / Nasty Plot
Lilligant Lv 75 - Quiver Dance / Petal Dance / Earth Power / Fiery Dance
Gliscor Lv 74 - Swords Dance / Earthquake / Rock Slide / X-Scissor
Froslass Lv 72 - Ice Beam / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Blizzard

However, I do have one major gripe. The Second Round of Elite Four members and them having seemingly unobtainable Pokemon with ridiculous BSTs. Whoever gave you the idea that 250/120/120 Defenses were a good idea? The only Pokemon with comparable Defenses is Shuckle, and at least that's barred by it's nonexistant offenses. It also has 130 SpA, which let's it hit hard as well. This thing didn't even get 2HKOed by a Petal Dance coming off a +6 Lilligant. It just screams unfair to me how you're resorting to using unaccesible Pokemon to raise the difficultly level. It's imo just a very messy idea and I'd much rather you use actual Pokemon. No, I don't have anything against Fakemon (although I am not too fond of them...) but keeping them exclusive to the AI and overpowering them is never a good thing imo.

Rant aside, I just want to applaud you on your effort, and I do hope you take into account what I've said.

And yes, English isn't my native language ._.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Holy smokes! This game looks awesome. It would of been better if you added some new events though. I would love to play it, but I played though Fire Red tons of times already =/

Years
What item can be found on a wild Munna ?
I traded one for an Abra, without checking for its item.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2014
I didn't get the DLwZFurret (Yugiho referance?) or that ugly licitung (Yukaritung?) referance. Anyone?
Also, black Furret isn't cute. :(

Back