• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was (or is) your favorite pokemon to train in FRLG

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Charmander & Squirtle, i originally picked Squirtle to start my FR journey and since i've always liked it's evolutions it was well worth the time to train him to evolve to Blastoise which got to LV.65 then my game crashed :surprised: . And so then i started a journey with Charmander and training hard to evolve to Charizard is well worth it you couldn't ask for more than a Charizard in FR!

Evey

Female Red
Years
Charizard, Raichu, and Vaporeon. (or Charmander, Pikachu, and Eevee) Because together as a trio you can use all the HM's while still having good attack moves. Being a triangle of types (fire, water, and electric) they were good against almost all types and were just generally strong and fun Pokemon to train in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Einarsson

Failure Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2013
Lapras! I almost soloed the E4 with her. Takes pretty much every bit of damage that it dealt to her, and deals the double back!

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I thought Kadabra was the funnest to train. It would take like two moves at most to defeat the opponent and it was just tons of fun training it.

Plus most of the bikers in the cycling road used poison and fighting types, so Kadabra always had a field day going against them.

Years
I'm currently playing FR and right now Bulbasaur has been an absolute breeze for me to train, so I can't complain about it. She's pretty strong, too. But I generally always love raising Eevee because I love the eeveelutions.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
Years
  • Age 34
  • US
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
Abra........ lol no but Kadabra is fun for me to train massive damage with confusion and psybeam bc of high sp atk

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I loved to train Pikachu, and also pikachu was my first wild pokemon I've ever battled who actually was shiny :D

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
For me it was Nidoking. I always wondered how strong I can make it. Eventualy I challenged the elite four with only it. (Didnt go too well at them)
But I also loved training my Arcanine. It ended being my all time favourite fire pokemon.

soulryu

Pirate Trainer
Years
Abra was the the best to train but took a long while to evolve to it's final form because of trading i had to beat the elite 4 before trading ( my brother had ruby ) but was worth it

Last edited:

jaydezzal

Sarcastic Guy
Years
Dodrio or Butterfree.

I always use a Dodrio in personal runs of FireRed/LeafGreen, I actually started using it because Tri-Attack was always one of my favourite moves, even though i didn't think it was very powerful. Then I learned that 80 base power +110 base attack +STAB = God

I actually only ever used Butterfree because my first ever shiny was a Caterpie in FireRed, and I thought "Don't care if it sucks, I'm using this thing." I learned that Butterfree is actually pretty useful and now I love using it in personal runs.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
#Sandshrew , easily one of my Favorite Pokemon , and one that is really quite good .

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2013
This probably the most popular but is always been my favorite. (:
Charmander ---- > Charizard!

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Omastar was always my staple in LG, I always loved training him.

Mewtwomew

The fool with the plan
Years
Holy frost-bitten monkey testicles, I had no idea this thread had so many posts. Sorry about not paying attention to all this, guise =_= also, I've just been replaying Fire Red, and... I realized that training a Kadabra is just... AMAZING *-*

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Kabuto - Kabutops was fun, though a bit of a grind, I don't like using Rare Candy or 'switching' because it dosen't take effort values into account so it's not worth it in the long run.

Magikarp - Gyrados is the biggest piss take since Magicarp has sucky stats and it only learns tackle as a damaging move, also no TMs work on it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
In terms of easiest to level up/ train I would have to say Geodude because he just breezes through those levels and I am playing Fire Red at the moment (Just started, 1 badge) and my Geodude is already L20!

Back