• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hello again, here is something I was wondering about unrelated to beta 4. On 3.1,just north of highland town, I noticed that my itemfinder was detecting an item that had to be off of the route to the left (screenshot below). I also remembered in the Highland gym the leader tells you that cut can be used on BUSHES and trees, which I thought was interesting. But I tried to cut the bushes on the route and the game wouldn't let me. Is this an element of the game that isn't enabled yet? Just curious because the concept of cuts new trails by cutting bushes is very cool.
Thanks for the error report! I have a habit of sometimes leaving unused event data lying around somewhere in the area - warps, signposts, trigger events or such. What there happens to be is a certain signpost event that works like a hidden item and that's why, itemfinder could track it down. But that's fixed now.

Cutting bushes/grass it possible in original games already. The reason why Arnold tells you this is actually because of a certain event you can access by cutting bushes (in beta 4).
You simply go in front of a grass patch and select Cut from the menu. It should work. At least it does work in beta 4 since I've tested it just recently.

Miksy you're killing me, its thursday. >.<
I'm so stoked to get my hands on beta 4 and just spend hours upon hours!
:P

Getting close to the finish line :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcJ-wNmazHQ

miksy91

Years
Beta 4 is available!
Go and grab the hack in the main post.

What comes to other things, I've been touting this release a lot and by downloading it, you can see how good it really is. I've realized one thing though. No matter how much effort you put into something or how good the product you make is, praising it is totally no no.
I've a feeling some people have gotten annoyed of it and I apologize for that. I've done mistakes, realized I've done them and so I'm trying to learn from them.
Goes especially for stupid discussion elsewhere in the hacking forum, not specifically this thread.
But yeah, that's pretty much about it.

I hope you download the hack and have fun playing it! It's totally worth it!

miksy91

Years
Can you continue from your old save file or do you have to start over?
You can't continue but neither would you like to.
Dark Future beta 3.1 is quite a lot different than this new release. Even the part of the gameplay that was accessable in it has been changed in many ways.

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Alright In guess I will download it and just have to start a new game than.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2015
Just started playing new beta (awesome btw) and was just wondering does eevee stay shiny if you evolve him/her?

miksy91

Years
Just started playing new beta (awesome btw) and was just wondering does eevee stay shiny if you evolve him/her?
You were one lucky guy (especially if you got it without soft resets which I doubt you did). The shiny pokemon "ratio" has been modified so that any pokemon can be shiny with the chance of 1,14%.

It will definitely stay shiny, no matter what you do with it. If it doesn't, there is something totally wrong with the preservation if DV values.

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
16 hours ago I loaded my save from 3.1. And today I see that 4.0 is available :D.

I wonder if you'd ever thought about adding Leafeon and/or Glaceon into your Dark Energy? ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2015
Hey I'm in north star "treasure hunting" I have the wooly hat and the sweater but I still end up fainting due to the cold, is there something else I need?

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
Ohh yeah XD i'll just download it and a clean Silver rom and SSSSHHHHAAAAAZZZAAAAMMMM !! hehe thanks miksy91

miksy91

Years
Cool !!! A new beta !!! offering more gameplay than gamefreak games...How long will it be in the final version ??? :O
The final version will probably include a bit more content than GSC have. I may eventually have to expand the amount of maps there are in the game, we'll see...

16 hours ago I loaded my save from 3.1. And today I see that 4.0 is available :D.

I wonder if you'd ever thought about adding Leafeon and/or Glaceon into your Dark Energy? ;)
Leafeon and Glaceon won't be put in the hack. This is simply because there is a certain sidequest related to Eevee and its upper forms (which can be completed in beta 4 already), and I won't be changing that since it works just fine now. But that's pretty much the only reason though. But I really don't think the hack needs them, although I admit getting them would be cool :)

So crazy indeed! You upgraded it a lot! I really like your hack!
Thanks jiangzhengwenjzw! Normally, I don't have to copy paste the nickname of anyone if I want to mention his name when quoting to him. This time, I had to :D

Hey I'm in north star "treasure hunting" I have the wooly hat and the sweater but I still end up fainting due to the cold, is there something else I need?
The Sweater is all you really need. Even though you have it, there is a high chance you'll faint due to the cold in the "colder rooms" of the cave though. But it's not so high that you wouldn't be able to "do what you gotta do" there.

Ohh yeah XD i'll just download it and a clean Silver rom and SSSSHHHHAAAAAZZZAAAAMMMM !! hehe thanks miksy91

No problem. And have fun!

And thanks for the comments everyone! :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2017
Will people atack me if I say the shiny ratio is too high? Because I found 2 in less than an hour XD Nidoran Male and Female....And by the way, is there a way for you to get the guy that does haircuts in the capital? I want to eveolve eevee into espeon fast, but in the beta 3.1 i was by the 4th gym with eevee at lvl 36 and it still had not evolved :(

miksy91

Years
Will people atack me if I say the shiny ratio is too high? Because I found 2 in less than an hour XD Nidoran Male and Female....
I personally like the new shiny pokemon ratio. Or specifically, the definitions on what DV values the pokemon requires to be shiny.

I did three test runs on the hack - first time I found 2, second time 1 and third time ~5 shinies. I didn't "bush grind" much though but you shouldn't have to do that either, battle room is there for grinding purposes whenever grinding is needed.

You got lucky if you were able to find two shinies that easily though. But how it is that the chance of encountering a shiny pokemon is 6*5^3 / 65536 = 1,14%. So if you ran into less than 175 pokemon by the time you found two shinies, you had more luck than an average player. ;)

And by the way, is there a way for you to get the guy that does haircuts in the capital? I want to eveolve eevee into espeon fast, but in the beta 3.1 i was by the 4th gym with eevee at lvl 36 and it still had not evolved :(
Right... this is one thing I forgot to mention about as well. And there are probably more things to come.

In original games, the required happiness rate for evolution is min. 219/255. In Dark Energy, it is 176/255 I think. The happiness rate should increase by 3 (or so) every time you get a level up so your Eevee should probably evolve (if treated in a similar way) at level 25 or so. In my third test run, it fainted a couple of times but still evolved in level 27.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2017
I was grinding with VBA speed up option, so I may have encountered about 50 pokémon in that hour XD I didnt know about the Battle Room XD Also
Spoiler:
I personally would like those the other way arround :P

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2014
hi! please help me. im playing pokemon dark energy . . after talking to the messenger at the bbc . . what should i do to go the next area?? the road was close.

what should i do after talking to the messenger at the bbc? the road was cloased. im playing pokemon dark future.

Last edited:
Back