• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
I made a new evolution form for Drillion, still same type, and this was kinda, really rushed but yeah hope you get the idea of it. I changed the names, little form can be called 'Scordig', and the new big form can be called 'Drillion'. He's big and mean and the same size as a Arcanine. He's strong and fast and can cause sandstorms.

Edit:

Name: Scordig (On the left)
Type: Ground/Bug
Ability: Sharp eye - Accuracy cannot be decreased.
Classification: The Scorpion type Pokemon.
Gender Ratio: 50% 50%
Evolution level: lvl.35. (Drillion)
Flavor text: It has a drill for its stinger and claws. This Pokemon lives in deserts or warm caves deep underground. It digs holes with its drills. This Pokemon also eats rocks and metals.
Base Stats
HP: 70
Attack: 50
Defense:45
Special Attack: 40
Special Defense: 32
Speed: 60

Name: Drillion (On the right) (Drill-e-on)
Type: Ground/Bug
Ability: Sandstorm.
Classification: Scorpion Drill Pokemon
Gender Ratio: 60M% 40F%
Flavor Text: This Pokemon is very fierce and territorial. It marks its territory on cave walls and rocks with its drills. It can also control sand with its drills when it sticks it into the sand.
Evolves from Scordig.
Base Stats
HP: 150
Attack:101
Defense: 97
Special Attack: 95
Special Defense:70
Speed: 80

I'll try and remake the sprites with more effort. Heh.

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
@Shiny
Yeah, Brazil sounds like a nice place!
I was thinking that maybe we need a place with alot of variety of things like Deserts, Forests, Ice Caves/Forests, Cave Systems, and Mountains. I've never seen what Brazil looks like,(I'm a sheltered individual :P ), but I feel like it has potential!

@GreenStache
I forgot to welcome you :D
So welcome to the project!
I like the idea of your sand scorpion alot, and seems to be the staple desert roamer!
The sprite could use a little more work, and the evo somehow lost it's scales when it evolved, but it looks pretty cool. Practice makes perfect :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I'm a good drawer may I participate in drawing some designs for the Pokemon that don't have ones yet?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Yes Yes!
Feel free to draw and design to your desire! (wow that's 3 D's)

If you mean giving artwork to sprites, I think we aren't using artwork anymore.
So, basically it's artwork -> sprites, so all the fakes with sprites are done.

If you mean design your own, go for it!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Great work guys!

Oh, and I took the time to look over all the fakes we have, and here is what I got down:

Major:

• We're in need of Ground, Bug, and Poison,(Ground literally has one Fake!)
  • Ghost is overflowing! We should stop adding in there!
  • Alot of the fakes are objects! We need slightly more animals!
  • Uncatalogued Fakes should be utilized! If it's just the info, I can help make up random stuff for them!
  • 3-stage evos are extremely scarce! Like, there's probably only the starters and 4-5 families!
Minor:

• Some of the uncatalogued Fakes look unfinished. Maybe we're allowed to go over them and spruce it up a bit?
  • If we're running out of ideas, maybe we can start designing the region a bit? Maybe when we have a good view of what the region has in topography and biomes we can have a good idea of what types of animals can inhabit it.
We should tackle alot of the major problems :P

You need to count dual types too...we have 6 Ground types in total after I counted.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow this thread gained a lot of momentum very quickly. :o

Anyway, my bad Shiny! Sometimes things get lost in here. xD Nothing personal, I'll add you asap!

Sunny, I'm going to hijack your post cause you're awesome.

edit : Okay!

ShinyNuzLover, you've been added to the list of contributors. Thanks for letting me know and again, I'm sorry you got overlooked! That's why I ask everyone to make sure they check the first page for this kind of stuff. :)

Sunny, I took your post and put it on the main page. I think that pretty much embodies what we need to look towards as this project progresses. So far, I've been very, very lenient about what designs get included because, well, the objective was always fun. I thought if it became too serious than new people (I wasn't worried about the old crew) would hesitate to contribute. But it seems like since we have such a strong heading, there's no reason to hold back. I've said it once and I'll say it again, nothing is permanent. Also, I edited the title. n_n;

Nite Ace, yesyesyes. Please show us what you've got! n_n;

Green Stache, I still think it's a strong concept. Polish it up a bit and give a fill out the form on the first page (for the fakemon's ability/typing/characteristics/etc) and I'll add you to the list of contributors.

Last edited:
Years
@GreenStache
I forgot to welcome you :D
So welcome to the project!
I like the idea of your sand scorpion alot, and seems to be the staple desert roamer!
The sprite could use a little more work, and the evo somehow lost it's scales when it evolved, but it looks pretty cool. Practice makes perfect :D

Heh, Thanks! :)
Yeah I rushed it a bit, especially the evo form haha. I'll fix it up and take my time, I just wanted to show my idea. What do you mean lost it's scales? Like it should be something else? 'Cause I don't really know what else to make it, so I thought I would turn it from cute to beast. ;) Thank you for the info and I will try and fix it up!

Green Stache, I still think it's a strong concept. Polish it up a bit and give a fill out the form on the first page (for the fakemon's ability/typing/characteristics/etc) and I'll add you to the list of contributors.
I edited my post, I don't know what flavor text is so I left that blank, and I will try and create a good sprite for it. Thanks guys. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ahhh.. Flavor text is like.. the small description a Pokedex has for every Pokemon (although the actual term "flavor text" I think refers to the description specifically used for pokemon cards but whatevs). So, for instance, Pikachu's flavor text for gen V is : "It occasionally uses an electric shock to recharge a fellow Pikachu that is in a weakened state."

So write something like that up for your fakemon. Consider things like, where does it live? Why is it orange? How does it use it's drill? Things like that. :) Or, alternatively, you may ask one of us to write it for you.

Anddddd I have a dragon to add. >:3

dragon_fakemon01_edited-1_zps5f0ce531.png

I was thinking just solid Dragon typing, although its color says Rock. What do you guys think?

Years
Ohh okay! I thought that was the description part, so you can use that, unless someone wants to think of something better?

That looks cool, it reminds me of a moon (Like 1/4 moon), maybe it could have something to do with meteorites or mystic caves?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
...a lunar dragon.

Is it just me, or is that a genius idea? Green, you're hired. I'm going to start drawing that right now.

edit : real loose sketch I just cranked out

dragon_fakemon_evolution_edited-1_zpsb681c1b9.png

Thanks a bunch Green. :)

Last edited:
Years
Hey that's quite cool! Is that the evolutionary form? One of it's abilities could be able to summon shooting stars to strike it's foes, or that it's special ability boosts it's powers during night time (Called 'Moonlight').

I dunno just throwing random ideas out there, but it looks awesome! :)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Ok well as for the map idea, I think the region should be based on Brazil. The reason being it could be a sort of big region and not too small like the other regions.

Actually, I've shortlisted it to three places:

Brazil

Pros: Good land area, tropic areas allow for more exotic content, right below Unova, and landform allows a good travel

Cons: The ocean is at the right, however, it is just one land mass and not separated, thus not allowing any major water travel.

U.K & Ireland

Pros: Land area is constant, yet allows large amounts of water transport and has good opportunistic playthrough
Cons: Not near any major region, complete island

Russia

Pros: Near Sinnoh, large area, near ocean
Cons: Too much land

As you can see a pro is also a con many a time, and that makes it equally cool

And don't measure region space using land size, keep in mind that a 'region' has an almost fixed standard to make it look realistic.

Ragnia

Hello
Years
Okay so, my first contribution in weeks. I have no idea what this is supposed to be, I think I meant it to be a Betta and or Siamese fighting fish. You be the judge though.

Spoiler:

Soooo yeah... that is indeed a thing.

Last edited:
Years
SO I believe a while ago I was supposed to make a counterpart for this:
Spoiler:

Sooo sorry for the wait but here's the Laelaps counterpart (and I believe it was supposed ot look similar to a golden retriever!)

7q4GKiW.png

• Name : Laelab (if you guys think of a better name substitute it!)
  • Type : Normal
  • Ability
    • Keen Eye, Moxie, Adaptability
  • Classification : The Sun Catcher Pokemon
  • Gender Ratio:
    male.gif
    50%
    female.gif
    50%
  • Flavor Text
    • Once this pokemon catches a scent, It's nose, paws and the Sun Dials begin to glow. The closer the pokemon gets to it's prey, the brighter they glow. It is said that nothing can escape this pokemon - it can catch anything the sunlight touches according to legend. This pokemon is very loyal to the trainer that catches it, and will always return with prey in its jaws.
  • Base Stats
    • HP: 70
    • Attack: 85
    • Defense: 70
    • Special Attack: 85
    • Special Defense: 70
    • Speed: 120
  • Height - 5'7" | 170.18 cm
  • Weight - 156 lbs | 70.75 kg

*I just made the stats equivalent to Teurrorox so they'd be evenly matched - if people think they should be different that's fine!

Years
I might use this for my own Pokedex Project, but I'm not sure yet. But here's an idea I drew specifically for this collaboration.

2wlr7r9.jpg

It's in my own style that I'm slowly developing regarding art although this was a bit rushed and the outlines are not clean at all.

Info

• No name yet; suggest one!
  • Ice Mantis
  • Bug/Ice
  • Two evolutions (baby -> first evolution -> second evolution)
  • feel free to add stats, learnset, etc.
I'll be finishing the other two soon, but I just wanted to make my first contribution. I can sprite it as well. :P

Years
Actually, I've shortlisted it to three places:

Brazil

Pros: Good land area, tropic areas allow for more exotic content, right below Unova, and landform allows a good travel

Cons: The ocean is at the right, however, it is just one land mass and not separated, thus not allowing any major water travel.

U.K & Ireland

Pros: Land area is constant, yet allows large amounts of water transport and has good opportunistic playthrough
Cons: Not near any major region, complete island

Russia

Pros: Near Sinnoh, large area, near ocean
Cons: Too much land

As you can see a pro is also a con many a time, and that makes it equally cool

And don't measure region space using land size, keep in mind that a 'region' has an almost fixed standard to make it look realistic.
The first post says you're basing things off of Greek mythology, so why not base the region off of Greece? Lots of islands there, and some landmasses. Like so.

n550ch.png

The map includes more than just modern Greece, but ancient Greece stretched further than today's borders.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Wow, I'm especially loving all the recent Fakes alot :D
It's like, you guys had a sudden burst of creativity.

And it seems like I was wrong about the missing of Ground-Types, Alexial. XanderO pointed out my mistake.

I'll be gone for 2 weeks, so no drawing can be done from me, but I'll still be here to egg-on everyone!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The first post says you're basing things off of Greek mythology, so why not base the region off of Greece? Lots of islands there, and some landmasses. Like so.

n550ch.png

The map includes more than just modern Greece, but ancient Greece stretched further than today's borders.

I... see. I am so dumb not to think of that. Thank you for pointing that out, I think I will further investigate upon this prospect.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Wow okay.. some crazy stuff just happened. o.o;;

Alright, so I was updating the first post like usual. When... we hit the character limit. Yup, we exhausted all available space in the first post. I did not expect that we'd come across that so quickly.. but alas, here we are. Take it as a badge of honor, guys.

So, KriegStein, I'm sorry.. but I've cannibalized one of your posts. I took the second post in the thread and merged it with one of my own.. then added the second half of the project. Everything from Bug type Pokemon down is now a part of the second post. This should give us plenty of room to work.. but utterly bunks all the effort I was putting into to overhaul everything. ;o; So, that's going to take longer now.. but at least this crisis has been managed for the meantime.

Anyway, Logie, if you didn't see this already, you've been added to the list of contributors and your Ice Mantis is in uncatalogued Pokemon (although, I'm going to go in and change that now because there's really no reason for things to be separated. I can add them as we go).

Sunny, we'll see you again in two weeks. n_n; Keep thinking of new ideas while you're away and report in whenever a good one comes up~

Hoenn, you're on map duty. I love the idea of Greece, so let's work with that. Make it happen. I trust you. :)

Scarf, I'm also adding you to the list of contributors because you brought this idea to our attention. Hope that's okay!

edit : Got some type quick links at the top. You can now click on the type you want to see and it'll jump to the post it's on. :)

Last edited:
Back